3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+Chat Thread, February 2017 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/312254-300-chat-thread-february-2017-a.html)

Phae1963 02-05-2017 03:08 PM

300+Chat Thread, February 2017

OK we'll try this again. Put this in the wrong forum the first time. This really just isn't my day.

Phae1963 02-05-2017 03:38 PM

Greetings Everyone!!

Hope everyone is off to a productive start to February. I haven't had a very good week. I started off the weeks with a 5720 calorie bag of mixed Reece's mini's given to me by a former friend. ;) She was my friend until she gave me that. Anyway I haven't weighed this week - this is my walk of shame :o It's all on me - I'm not a binger, so I have no reason other than I chose to eat them. :mad:

So here's hoping you are all making good healthy choices. I had typed a big long post to everyone individually and the computer locked and closed down. I'm just not up to retyping all of it :dizzy: - stupid computer.

So here's a big group hug to everyone. Peeked at the Big Spring Slim Down chart and it looks like some of you ladies are really rockin' it :carrot::carrot:

RubyLeprechaun 02-06-2017 03:49 AM

Terra: I'm glad you were able to work everything out with your bf. Sleep deprivation really does cause a lot of problems.

Phae: I love my friends but if they tried to give me chocolate of any kind I think I would kill them. My husband bought Cheez Its and said they were just for him...yeah right. I ate a whole box in 3 days, really messed with my count.

My weight loss has really slowed down. I lost the first 40 pounds so quickly and I think I just got my hopes up that the rest would just keep falling off. Plus my daughter has decided that she must be breastfeeding 24/7. Yesterday I got a break because she took a nap. Not sure whats up with that but it really had to walk/exercise with a toddler attached lol.

I hope everyone is doing well!

ichoose2believe 02-06-2017 07:05 AM

Hope you don't mind if I join in.
Phae: Sorry about your computer locking up and the reece's mini bag.

Ruby: Congrats on losing 54 lbs so far. That is great. BF burns calories right? Mini victory.

I am not doing so well this week/last week. It was TOM starting last tuesday and I was 319 as of Wednesday. I got a wisdom tooth pulled on Friday and a round of antibiotics w/ a side of pain meds. I have seen the scale go up 2lbs since then. I know I am eating low (1200 calories) and I am still under 100 carbs per day. I got a fitbit because my other tracker wasn't doing all it promised. I still have 8 days of meds left. NSV I found a dress that I really wanted at JCPenny. I even fit into the 2x.
I hope everyone has a good day.

RubyLeprechaun 02-07-2017 05:30 AM

ichoose2believe: Sorry about the tooth extraction...thats really got to hurt. I've been putting mine off for a couple weeks now because i'm just too scared to get it done. (I will do it I swear...i know it can lead to many unhealthy things if i don't) Congrats on the dress though! Its always nice when you find something that you like and it fits :)

Today is my 30th birthday. I've decided to track my calories but not really worry too much about them today. I want to be able to enjoy my day with out the pressure of cutting dinner in half because I wanted a slice of cake. I really need to get a new battery for my fitbit too. Its starting to warm up a bit so i can actually start walking again. I've been feeling so cooped up lately.

Scotsgal 02-08-2017 07:39 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone....

Now able to get to the gym even though the tail end of this cold is still lingering about. I need to step things up a gear or so this month and get some lbs off. Get my butt moving, get this cold gone!

Phae1963 02-12-2017 11:25 AM

Good Morning Everyone - :coffee:

Well I finally made myself weigh last week and I gained 2.8 pounds during my Reece's backslide. I did manage to right myself this week and lost 1.8 back off this week. Hopefully it will be gone by the next weeks weigh-in. I looked back and last week is where I gain every year. Some years I give up and others I keep going. My goal is to just to keep going. Right now I'm at a place that just living creates a calorie deficit. But as soon as I get some of this weight off and can move around I'm going to have to start exercising.

ichoose2believe: So happy to have you join us - the more support the better. There is power in numbers. Sorry to hear about your wisdom tooth. But great NSV - I can't wait to wear a 2x and actually not mailorder all my clothes :o. Sidenote - I bought a couple of 3x tops from zulily. They were way too small. I gave them to a friend, she wears 1x and they barely fit her. So if you ever shop from zulily just know they are sized smaller.

Tera: - Hope everything is still good with you and your BF. Relationships are almost as hard as weight loss - have to work at it every day if it is what you really want.

Scotsgal: Happy Birthday late! Glad to hear the cold is almost gone. Being sick is miserable. Hope you are doing well. I'm almost as excited anticipating your second big goal as you are.

Ruby: Happy Birthday late! Hope you enjoyed your day. I was so excited it was supposed to be in the 60's here this weekend, but the wind gusts are in the 20 mph range so it wasn't pleasant to be out after all. But like you I've been feeling cooped up and ready to get out and walk.

Karencat - How are things. How did the yoga challenge go? I've been giving it some consideration because I think I miss flexibility almost as much as I miss the mobility I had when I was smaller (and younger ;)). You are two thirds of the way to your goal. That is so awesome.

I'm thinking that maybe as I make my goals I should plan to take trips to visit my friends here on the forum. I could go to Ohio, Colorado, Scotland, New Zealand, South Wales, Germany...

What a hoot that would be!!

Everyone who hasn't checked in for a while - stop by and say hi!! Let us know how you are doing. Good, bad or indifferent... we are here for you!! :cofdate:

sugar2go 02-12-2017 04:54 PM

still alive..but scotsgal sent her cold my way so I spend the week cuddled up in bed...but no other catastrophes apart from having to go back to work tomorrow(i desperately need a change as soon as i lost some more weight) and not having enough time to read and write to you all

Karencat 02-13-2017 04:10 AM

Phae up until this weekend my yoga challenge has been going well - I have now missed 3 days however not a whoops....Ive somehow hurt my right elbow... is what I imagine tennis elbow might feel like - isn't sore constantly though so not sure...
so still onto day 23 - might go back in time 2 days try them again then move forward .... some of it is crazy hard others nice n simple

scotsgal - hope you are enjoying the gym... read your other thread with the trying Gluten Free - let us know how you get on - its supposed to be really good if you have pcos too

this weekend saw me siting at a swim meet - YAY (not... ) cheering for my girls (that was nice) but twiddling thumbs for longer then being a timekeeper in the afternoon.
Hubby took his dad fishing - we now have some lovely fresh snapper fillets - he has now cooked 2x in a row ... and nice healthy low carb/gluten free... fish for me just pan fried... with salad and mushrooms tonight last night was with roast kumera discs...

Scotsgal 02-13-2017 10:15 AM

Hello Everyone!

This week will be a better week than my weekend.... put on 1.1lbs but will hopefully have that gone by tomorrow.

Echoluv 02-13-2017 07:57 PM

Hello Ladies.
I had an emotional night with my boyfriend last night talking about my goals. I tried to explain to him it's hard for me to talk about my weight since I am not even sure what it is. Hopefully next week I will have a scale and take that jump to finding out for sure rather than guessing. So it lead to googling for a support group and I found you lovely ladies.

I did finish my first week of Baby Steps to 5k. Which is 'run' 1.35 miles 3 times in a week. Yay

Phae I have such a weakness for chocolate. I don't know how I am going to keep it out of the house with Valentine's Day this week.

Karencat May I ask what the yoga Challenge is? I tried to follow someone on youtube as one of my new years resolutions. I really enjoyed it but I only stuck to it for about 10 days before I needed a break. I hope your elbow feels better soon.

Scotsgal 02-14-2017 06:45 AM

EchoLuv Welcome!!! I can't quite remember what It was that brought me along in 2015, but I think it was something similar. Buying the scale that I have just now was one of 4 very important weight loss items that I cherish. The other three being the digital kitchen scale, my measuring cups and the My Fitness Pal App on my phone.

Me Well remember when I was eating wayy too low calories, well I have been creeping it up little by little and hoping the scale never noticed. I was planning on trying to recover my metabolism from eating to low. So..... I may have pushed it a little too far over the weekend and now I have gained lbs. So I have made a new plan for the next 2 weeks until the 1st of March, Which nicely falls along with the Big Spring Slim Down challenge as well.

I need to get back under 1600 calories and work my butt off!! Lets hope the weather stays on my side. need to get this weight moving.

Karencat 02-15-2017 03:49 AM

Dropped by to say Hi - have had a fairly good week so far
stuck to my plan (well best as I can .. .had to guess a couple of things out.. but hey its all good
did 18700 steps today includes at work ,kind of a wow moment
anyway hope everyone is doing well

RubyLeprechaun 02-15-2017 05:16 AM

Karen: congrats on the steps! thats pretty amazing.

We had one warm(ish) day that I totally took advantage of. I hit my 5000 steps that day :) Now its back to snow and cold but this weekend is back up to the 50's. I can't wait. I talked my husband into doing a 5k with me in April so i want to make sure I can actually do it and not embarrass myself. Its only a bit over 3 miles so i think i can do it.

Scotsgal 02-15-2017 11:43 AM

Karen Wow! Those steps are amazing! I think 15k is my highest in one day. Need to get my butt in gear and get more steps in.

Ruby Currently 49oc here, feels like summer :lol: but that is only because there wasn't very much wind today, the atlantic gusts are due back tomorrow. That will make it 40something but feels like 20something :(

Me So I burned 1,121 calories yesterday working out which was awesome! Today Is what I will call a half day and try burn 500. Tomorrow will be back at a full day with a swim session during the day and a gym workout at night to hit the full 1,000 calories. Lets hope that this shakes the scale up a bit... been in the 270's for too long now.