Old 01-05-2017, 06:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #189

Welcome to the latest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #2  

My goals for this leg.
Use all my assigned, daily WW points.
Try not to use any allowed extra points.
Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
Old 01-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #3  

Phae, You're right we can all do it!

Scale was good to me at WW this morning. Lost 2.4 of the 2.6 lbs that I gained last week.

Last edited by j-ann; 01-05-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #4  

Yesterday was great.
Today was a bit of a reverse challenge. Breakfast and lunch went as planned. In the mid afternoon I realized my apartment was getting cold. Felt the baseboard heater - Cold! Called our maintenance guy and he reset the boiler. Heat started to come back on then stopped. I called him back and also found out my next door neighbor was having problems too. After trying a few things, as time passed and the temp dropped to 12ºF outside, he replaced a pump and all is warm again. I don't eat when I'm highly stressed so at 830PM when everything was back to normal I made myself eat a nice chicken sandwich on rye toast - just enough to use up my dailies, Could not even think about veggies or fruit though.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

for the next 10 days I WILL Stick to my points...!!!!!

I have used the remaining of all my weeklies as of today and have one day left for this week which I now have to be extra good over... having said that most of the junk food in the house has been eaten... just some cookies left that were bought now

this week has been better then the previous two so here is to hoping for a loss!
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:56 AM   #6  

Phae... consider putting up sticky notes to remind you that you can in odd places so you see them when you need to, so one on the fridge ... one on the back of the toilet --- just little motivational messages that read something like- Your a star you will get there - remember the road may be long but if we take it one day at a time we will arrive!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #7  

Standing on my seat to make a statement!

I was watching Oprah on Dr. Oz the other day. (I never watch Oz but when I turned on the tv I saw her and she was reviewing her relationship with food.) It sure sounded familiar to me. The very last thing she said as the show ended was that she has finally learned to MAKE PEACE WITH FOOD. This really struck a vein with me. I know what's good. I know what's bad, and I know what I need to do to live a healthy life style. Food is NOT my life. It's not a cure all for boredom, stress, loneliness or anything else. It's there to fuel the engine that makes life possible. I need to MAKE PEACE WITH FOOD and this will become my #1 goal for the year.

Sitting back down in my seat and working these oars hard.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:56 AM   #8  

j-ann. like that too am trying to come to terms with that too

Phae hope the post. it's help

my day today was a blue dot track.. . j-ann as a fellow WW member will get it...right? or do they test stuff on Aus & nz?

-4 weeklies yes all used and 4 more but tracked so must be a good thing right

weigh in on monday that's tomorrow morning for me
Old 01-08-2017, 09:12 AM   #9  

I hit the water last night. Climbed back in the boat and spent the night attaching a bolted down harness to my seat. I'm now buckled in and back to rowing.

Karen, We do not have blue dots here. I'm assuming they mean perfectly on program for a day/week, right? Our weekly extra points, even for folks at their goal weight, are a lot higher in number. At goal, I think they get 7/week. I get 42 plus my dailies. I'm sure it all works out the same, just different flavors for different cultures.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #10  

Feel free Phae.

Congrats on another loss!

The fairy leader does sound like she was a bit much.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:30 AM   #11  

Phae - oh my gosh - I am an online only member - the fairy leader would have driven me crazy ... I probably would have either 1 run from the room screaming - at least that would have gone towards getting oneself moving ... or on a PMT day - tried to trip her up to see how she would have dealt with it .. and that would have been me being nice.
and congrats on the loss

j-ann / Judy
well done on loosing 3 weeks in a row!

points here are 30 per day for at goal and 28/30 weeklies .. every ones points are calculated individually so different weights different amounts.
back to the blue dots yes basically a perfect day so
For people in NZ and Aussie the WW blue dots comes with the WW app when logging in under the journey secition - there is a calendar for the month and every day your within the ideal weight loss zone - no more then 4 points under of 6 over (ok something like that) you get a blue dot on the calendar

So having tried to drink water - kind of got there - managed it yesterday
today not so much

steps 11,000 for today but not as high as would have liked to have seen - 15,000 might have been ideal.. but hey get that when you sit at a reception desk for 6 hours! then worked in the pool tonight - usual hours ... some steps counted as my trackers waterproof

food was spot on point for point today !

weigh in was this morning saw a 4 pound loss....

so rowing strong at present

Last edited by Karencat; 01-09-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:32 PM   #12  

At least I'm floating and not on the bottom! Grab the rope I'm dragging behind me and I'll pull you up Phae, then we can tow each other back to the boat.
Karen, now I've got to go look for blue dots. I'll let you know if I find them.
Old 01-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #13  

Oars Down!

We need to get supplies then head over to slip #190. Today begins the next leg of our journey aboard the Life Boat.