Old 07-20-2016, 06:06 AM   #16  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Karen ~ He actually has diabetes 1.5 which is rare and Its also known as double diabetes
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Donna I'm sorry your gallbladder gave you so much trouble and had to have it taken out. I actually had mine removed the summer going into 5th grade. The doctor could have told my mom that he could have dissolved the small stones in there and not removed it but for some reason he decided to take it out instead. That has given me a lot of issues with food over the years and until I really looked into it as an adult, I didn't realize how much your gallbladder is actually needed. I think at the time science hadn't done enough research on the gallbladder and felt it wasn't really needed. Your body will definitely tell you if it doesn't like something now lol...It's not fun but you learn to work around it. Hope you get to feeling better soon and I'm glad to hear from you!

Karen I'll have to take your advice and see what I can find. I've been on pinterest and a lot of the breakfasts that are lower carb either involve eggs or seem to have too many ingredients to make breakfast in the morning. I used to prep my breakfast for the week or prep work for lunches and snacks. I haven't done that in awhile mostly because of everything going on with me lately by Sunday I'm ready to lay around all day lol...Thanks for the help Glad you got some walking in this week and great job on the loss!

I'm still chugging along. So far so good this week. I've managed to get a workout in on Tuesday and Wednesday. Planning on going today and tomorrow and hopefully Saturday or at least get some form of exercise. I'm trying not to get bummed about the weight gain. I'm working at it and it will eventually come back down. I've been doing what I can not to snack at night. For some reason that's been something I've been wanting to do recently. Usually after dinner but before bed I try to brush my teeth early so I don't have the tempt to eat something that I shouldn't or eat too late. So far that seems to be working. Just having to stay in my own head for now.

I'm thinking of adjusting my goal weight to 185 for now. I'm not sure if I mentioned that yet or not. I would ideally like to get to 160 one day, but even at 185 I'd be happy then can work closer to that ultimate goal weight at some point.

Hoping everyone else is well...I'm glad you guys are here.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:39 AM   #18  

Hi all!

Hope all is well with all of you!

Just checking in with you guys since it's again been a while since I've posted. I injured my foot at the end of May and took it easy for several weeks (also cut calories down during this time while my foot healed as activity level was much lower).

My foot has healed and I have been back to doing what I love (hiking, biking, and swimming). I'm also happy to report that I am almost under 300 pounds! Only a few more pounds to go!

Here's a few recent photos for this update:

Jeep selfie:

My 'not impressed' look (it started to pour rain shortly after this photo, I was drenched by the time I finished the trail):

Biking:

I don't check the forums very often. For anyone who wants to connect, please feel free to add me to Fitbit (link in signature), Snapchat (emilykie), or Facebook (/emily86).

Cheers!
emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #19  

Hello, i am new here..
My heighest weight ever was about 396.
When i started i weighed myself and was 363.
2 months later i am 318
Hopefully soon out of the 300īs
IngeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:12 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

HI All just checking in .
Hop all is going well for everyone and that things are working

Terra - one type of Diabetes is hard to come to terms with but both - eek that really is not good

Sam - Chugging along is always a good way to go.... nice and slowly means it comes off it should stay off right?
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Hi all. I have had a very long absence but am back. Every day is a struggle for me to find balance it seems.

I am busy with work and tired of the summer humidity already. Hoping for a long cool, comfortable fall.

I am happy that I have been going for lap swims 3-4 times a week. I have been doing this for a couple of months now and I always feel so good afterwards.

Weekends are tough for me to eat in a balanced way.

[B][/MountainwalkerB] My DH had to have his gallbladder removed over a year ago in emergency surgery as well. He had such horrid pain prior to surgery. Now he eats basically anything and has no difficulty. I know this is not true for everyone but it varies. I hope recover soon.

I am very tired and off to bed soon. I have very early mornings.

Good night all.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Emilyfit I am impressed with your weight loss journey, I would love to know more about how you achieved this.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #23  
Ashley

S/C/G: 328.7/325.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Smile Anyone doing carb nite?

Well..I'm back. I lost a bunch of weight last time I was here then stress hit and well...I'm back. This time I have a mission and a plan and I want to see if anyone is also doing carb nite? It's low carb(30 grams-so almost none) daily then every 5-7 days (after the first 10) you carb load! I think this is one diet I can stick to! I've found low carb tortillas and a low carb flour so I'm hopeful! I've lost 5 pounds already so here we go!
legacy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:18 AM   #24  
Motivated member

S/C/G: 310/259/147

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone and thanks for the welcome at the start of the month! Nice to see some other new members posting in here and lots returning Just thought I'd let you all know where I'm up to with things. So I started this journey at the beginning of March, which means I've been at it for almost 5 months now

I've had steady losses since I started which has been great, but recently hit a massive bump in the road. Going through a stressful time at the minute but thought no, I won't un-do all of my hard work and stuff my face, its so not worth it. So I carried on with my healthy eating and exercise every day. No matter what I did over the next few weeks I stayed exactly the same and then gained I felt so disheartened. Luckily I managed to mentally motivate myself again and have now seen a 2lb drop. It's not massive but I think its sign that I'm finally back on track. Currently weighing in at 261 lbs, thats just shy of a 50lb loss so far
Hannahb3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 02:44 PM   #25  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Sam,Emily,IngeN,Pluckypear,Legacy,Hannah ~ Hi Everyone

Karen ~ Yes it is very scary that he has double diabetes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have a BUSY day today. Alot of house cleaning to do. I also have 2 more pen-pals to write back too before I'll will be all caught up. Its sad that people dont hand-write letters to each other anymore. I know it was alot more popular back in middle and high school but getting a letter in the mail from a snail mail pal is really nice. Its nice to get something that isnt junk mail or a bill. Tomorrow we do our Sunday Errands starting either at 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. I LOVE doing our Sunday Errands. I look forward to it every Sunday. Tonight for dinner we are having Flat Iron Steaks out on the grill and I'm not sure what else but what I do know for sure is whatever mom has planned for the sides for dinner they are going to be GOOD!!! My younger brother and his family are coming over for dinner tonight as well so that's going be nice, Its always nice visiting with them. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote