Old 07-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #170

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:08 AM   #2  

My goals for this trip.

Look at portion size very seriously.
Get my WW mojo back on board.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:30 PM   #3  

Let's go, Judy! I have money on the line here! If I can lose 3.5 more pounds by July 14, I'll win the first round. I'm doing pretty well sticking to my daily points, with a little dipping into the weeklies--losing a couple pounds a week. My goals for this leg of the journey are:

Really visualize this as a journey!
Keep sticking to WW points, mostly just daily points
Keep pushing the thermogenic spices, white tea, and ice water
Keep kickboxing 3-4 days weekly and try to get in walks on days that aren't over 90 degrees.

Let's go everyone!
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

HI ladies - I need to focus on sticking to my WW smart points and finding a way to obtain my new fit points goal, Its winter here so struggle getting out of bed yet alone out of the house to walk - had a challenge of dance 30 mins every day but WW Australia/nz is doing away with its online community with challenges and blogs in fav of its clumsy app, so no incentive there anymore...even though I have been using both tools

Judy - You can get your mojo back and you will - remember each time you splash - keep on tracking work out those points before you eat and you will get back there
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #5  

Splashed yesterday. Not perfect but getting there. I've got today all planned. Just need to stick to it!

Angela, you're doing great. Congrats on the loss and good luck on the challenge.

Karen, I'm your opposite. I love Winter. Walking can be tacky after it snows, but there are always points for shoveling! I love the cold and really detest hot weather. My idea of hot is anything over 75ºF/24ºC. My friends figure hot is 85ºF. Too bad about community. Wonder if they will eliminate it, or have done so, here. I really dislike the phone app and only use it to track. I could never find anything in Community I wanted to follow.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:07 PM   #6  

Judy and Karen, Since you're both doing WW, can I ask how you deal with restaurants? DH and I went out for Chinese. I ordered Szechuan chicken. Look it up in WW db, see a couple different figures, fairly different, neither one tells me whether it includes rice. What do you guys do in a situation like this? I find it the hardest part of WW.

Karen, Shall we start a 30-minute challenge here? I was doing 30 minute walks, then last week I switched over to 20-minute kickboxing, but I should get back to 30 minutes of something.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:42 PM   #7  

For those who celebrate it, how was your 4th? Luckily, I was a stick-in-the-mud, no cookouts or anything, so just an average day in the boat for me.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #8  

Angela, Chinese is hard. I don't think rice is included. I always add it and figure the pts on the highest estimate I can find. Better safe than sorry. I usually go for something simple Chicken and Veggies in a brown sauce because brown sauce is listed alone and I can guesstimate the chick.

I had a perfect day yesterday. Rowing hard and sitting high and dry except for the sweat. LOL
Old 07-08-2016, 07:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Rejoining for the next 10 days, after a DISATEROUS previous 10 days.. I am on holidays which always makes it hard. I know what I have to do, I just have to DO IT! My excuses are back and are infuriating. Like I didn't turn up to the gym today because I couldn't be bothered to pull clean gym clothes out of my drawers. Arrrrgggghhhh!!!! Really need to wake up to myself! And to make things worse, the family are having issues, I indulged in some sweet, sugary rubbish foods over the last week and I am CRAAAAAAAVING sugar, and I just couldn't be bothered.. Today was a pretty good day though, I didn't eat anything really bad, so I guess I will take that as a little win. Best of luck to everyone over the next 10 days!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 PM   #10  

Good to hear things are back on track, Judy, and thanks for the advice on the Chinese food.

Caldawg, hang in there!
Old 07-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #11  

Amazing! I'm still dry!

Caldawg, Cravings are killers. Once the need for sweets and or fats, grabs me it can literally set me off for weeks. I just cannot touch a donut, cookie or one bit of pizza and I'm done for. Every "no" is a win!

How's it going Angela?
Old 07-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #12  

STOP

Head on over to slip 171 where we'll board and venture out again on a new leg of our journey.
[/FONT]