Old 05-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #61  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick note: I'm doin' pretty good, because I had a fabulous visit with Grace on Friday, but yesterday my legs were really bad. That often happens after Grace comes: I don't get any legs-up, lying-down rest for several hours, and plus Mike says I get too much chi that gets blocked in my balky channels. So Saturday I rested physically, but intellectually I WAY overdid it w/ intensely focused reading & writing, and swung into a brief, but awful, period of actual mania. =sigh= My brain felt like it was on fire! But with the help of a downer, I slept well all the same.

Speaking of Grace, check this out!

Today, after weeks of rain and cloudy skies, it's gorgeous fair weather, just the right temp, so I hope this will be a day of recovery from all of the above. (The weather affects my joints a lot.) I desperately need to study (& practice) Chinese medicine, though. And I haven't made a collage for a swap that is now one day overdue to go in the mail. =eeek=

We have a Formula 1 race to watch! Barcelona! =grin=

Best wishes to all! Sorry I can't be more involved here...

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-15-2016 at 01:04 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

Calda- I'm so sorry you are going thru so much. I really hate those times that it feels like the world is just out to you. I hope just being able to vent to us helps you some. When I'm going through a rough patch, and I'm just plodding along, I like to change up my workouts to something new just to challenge myself and it usually works to pick me up some.

Sam- I wish I would get myself to like blackberries! I'm trying slowly to change my taste buds from processed foods to fresher things. But, I struggle with liking fruit and veggies.

Betsy- I literally laughed out loud when you said "some of us got in the line twice for cravings". I for sure got in that line. I've been trying to eat pickles for my salt cravings, but it's more about the crunch of the chips that I have. I think I might try roasting my own potato slices to help. I have been chewing some gum but my tmj really flares up if I chew too much of it. Can I tag along with you on your trip to Alaska?

Fi-I hope you are able to get the rest you need!

As for me:
I'm enjoying some downtime, while the little one is playing at her grandmother's . I really need to start working a meal plan for the week, so I can hit the grocery store tomorrow morning. My goal is to stay on track this week, and stay away from fast food. Fast food is for sure my weakness.

I hope everyone has a great start to the week.
workinghardatlosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 05:01 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Betsy - I can almost sympathise with your neighbour - we don't have sun roofs that got left open but children that wound windows right down so we could not tell
that it was open was a bit of a surprise the next day to find a very wet side of the car

yep trying on for measuring is 1 nice when it gets closer but a bit hard when its a very long way to go ... I have two dresses to try on... a red gown I had when ballroom dancing as a teen (it a size bigger then the green dress) and the green one

working hard - children certainly do keep us busy! - I'm going to help one of the other teams coaches with training her netball team when we get back from holiday - My young lady has an amazing coach and really enjoying playing

Sam - I also have a bombsite house and am needing to clean ... but I lack the motivation to do so even though I know it would be good exercise too

not exactly human - like Betsy said welcome - and Hugs (if you like them that is) - I was once given some advice every time your tempted by a treat have a big swig of water instead then wait 10-15 minutes see if you still want it - wether it works or not for you is another story - didn't really work for me - I found having a water bottle to tote around helped reduce temptation

am going away on holiday in a couple of weeks for first 2 weeks of June that should be nice

2 week holiday coming up - nice n relaxing 10 nights overseas (and 2 hopefully not stressful flights - I don't do the flying thing very well at all myself)

had to buy 2 new swimsuits - got 2 bikinis from Swim suits for all and bike short - all fit guess I am doing quite well on the ordering front
next time I am going with the smaller size when I cant decide between 2
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:17 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi girls. I am so glad I can come here to vent. I think I will be looking for a new job. I just feel a bit broken. Mediation with this woman wont work, she is the boss' little darling, his favourite employee. I will just look like a petty, insecure, paranoid little girl. So I am just going to keep on keeping on I guess. The car thing has me really worried. I cant afford a new car, and I don't want to get into debt when my job is so uncertain.. I don't know what to do! I am still really enjoying the gym, which is making it heaps easier to stick to the plan when things get hard. My will power has improved. Thanks again for all of your acceptance. As I said, I don't have many people to talk to about this stuff, and they are sort of biased in my favour, which doesn't help when I need the opinion of an objective outsider. So thanks ladies. Fingers crossed for a better week for us all!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #65  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hello Everybody. I am so sorry I have been AWOL for such a long time.......where does the time go? I have had a couple of trying months with my health and problems with the house and dogs but I am now hoping to get back on track. I had a PICC line in until last Friday when it started to become infected. I had it taken out and now I have a cold which will inevitably head towards my chest...grrrr! This time however I have a diet buddy in the shape of my lovely friend Helen who recently joined our church. She has been overweight her whole life ( like me) is roughly my age and has a boy the same age as my son. We met only a couple of months ago but just hit it off... and the boys did.....isn't life amazing sometimes?
I have made the decision to rehome one of my spaniels due to my limited mobility at times. I can manage to walk 2 but three is difficult when my knees are bad and my chest is awful. She is going to a good friend so I know she will be happy and get the exercise she needs.
I will write more as the weeks go on....will try to stay with it even when my health isn't good.....missed youall! And hi to the newbies!!
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

We had one of those wonderful day long softly falling rains yesterday -- which we definitely needed -- and everything is fresh and clean today. Except for my floors which are ICK. Both dogs are having an in and out morning. One more week of dog sitting and then I can get the floors clean.

Fi -- Sounds like you're still battling the ups and downs, but having Grace there was definitely an emotional up for you. I love her collage but mainly I love how happy you always are when she's either coming for a visit or has just been there. What a joy to have in your life!

Workinghardatlosing -- I have this mental image that when we're being created that there are various lines we get into to pick up our traits. If you're at the head of the line, you get a full dose, but ones at the end maybe only get a partial dose so they come back the next day and get a double dose. I know, it makes no sense whatsoever and I understand genetics and the effect of environment, but that's my mental picture. I think in my case I did the double dose on the cravings and then was holding someone's place in line and ended up with a triple. Hope you had a good down day -- they are definitely needed once in a while and your little one getting a little spoiling at grandma's is also a good thing. Have you tried making parmesan crisps? It's basically grated parmesan cheese that you put on parchment paper in portions like cookies (I figure we can all relate to cookie portions!) and then bake. The cheese is salty and the crisps are.....well, crispy. I've read online where people have added various spices and even ranch dressing mix to them. They are delicious and help to satisfy the salty/crispy cravings without resorting to chips (and in my case, eating the entire bag).

Calda -- I don't know if you have a smart phone, but if you do, they all have record features. The next time the woman at work is getting in your face about something, record the event if possible. It's doesn't have to be video, just capture how she is talking with you. Then I would ask a person who can give you some good suggestions on how to handle this so she doesn't get under your skin. The hard part of this is that the suggestions you receive may include some things that you need to change -- I've had that happen and it's hard to handle. Otherwise, hunting for a new job is probably going to be what's best as you've written 2-3 times now about how upset this woman makes you in situations. Hope the situation improves.

Donna -- Make that DONNA!!!! I was getting worried about you, and it sounds as though we should have been worried. Please keep that cold out of your chest (Yeah, I know that thought probably occurred to you!) so you can get back to feeling better. So glad to hear about the new friend and it is so wonderful when you meet someone new who just clicks. Sorry about needing to rehome one of your pooches, but finding a good home and being sure that your doggy is getting what he needs is for the best. Please don't leave us for so long again.

I've got a doctor's appointment late this afternoon and then am meeting a friend for dinner so it will be a chopped up day. I still need to get the downstairs gardening done, but hopefully that can get finished up by the end of the week.

I managed to stay on plan all weekend, but then I do much better when I know I'm going to see the doctor. Maybe I should make an appointment for every week! Time for coffee and the gym. I'm going to make up some broccoli salad and some cucumber and onion salad to eat this week -- love both and I'll definitely be regular eating those foods.

Have a great week.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #67  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. It's starting to get beautiful here. My roses are blooming. I got them when they were tiny four inch plants. One is 4 foot tall. I was concerned that this would happen, because I Googled the type of rose bush after I had purchased it. On the seller's site, it stated that it would be 2-3 feet tall. I contacted them stating that the size that they posted might be incorrect. I was told that it would only get 2-3 foot tall. The mini roses are about a foot tall now. The 4 foot rose bush is trying to grow out to the sides as well, trying to grow into my mini rose bushes. I may have to move it. It has the most beautiful citrus smelling, orange blooms. I hope that I don't kill it. I'm amazed that it survived this long. I do not have green thumbs.

Not having luck losing weight. I feel tired all the time. Not energetic at all. My spouse keeps telling me to use my c-pap machine. He's concerned. Found out in an unrelated exam that my heart is slightly enlarged. Guess that being overweight for my entire life is catching up with me.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #68  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Some of you (especially Ubee, whom I miss, a LOT =pout=) have enjoyed seeing pics of my young oriental shorthairs. I just uploaded a recent pic plus a little piece I wrote about them. (As usual, click on the image for a nice large, vivid version.)

Welcome back DONNA!! And Tootsie, too!

More later, like tomorrow maybe... I'm still behind on both Chinese medicine stuff and collage work, so I gotta go now.

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-16-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #69  

Default Hello!

Hello! I have just joined 3FC. My name is Erikka and I have unfortunetly joined the 300 club off and on (its like i have a punch card) my question is
What keeps you guys motivated? Right now im in the dumps . I just had ankle surgery and cannot exercise like i was (4 times a week!) any tips to get out of the self lotheing dumps?
Idkrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:48 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi All

TootsieRoll Roses are very resistant if you have to move it -I remember when my grandfather moved his roses he would throw a banana skin into the hole to provide more nutrients to the plant being moved to encourage the roots to take again = also he always said the old variety's that grow bigger will put up with more then the little mini roses if your 2-3 foot plant has grown to 4+ you must be doing something right he would have said

Calda - hope things improve or you have some really good luck finding a new job where you are a lot happier! Please keep venting it is healthy too...

mountain walker - Hi and welcome back ...nice to meet you as I don't think I was posting here last time you were here

positives - over 10,000 steps tody - plus dance class .... getting in plenty of exercise
taking lunch to work tomorrow so can keep within my points for WW today was a close call
weigh in this week was 1 kg or 2 pounds down
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 12:05 PM   #71  

Hair cut today which is sorely needed. Then home to do the down stairs flower planters. Slowly but surely.

Tootsie -- As long as you get a good root ball, the transplanted rose bush should be fine. It might be easier to transplant the miniatures, but roses are such beautiful flowers and have such wonderful scents. Good luck. Hope you're feeling better soon. I can't even sleep any more without my c-pap, but I will say that as much as I fought having to get one, I can't imagine doing without it now. It has made such a difference in my quality of sleep and how I feel.

Fi -- Love the pictures and what you wrote about Nenu and Oscar. They are beautiful cats and so exotic looking. I think having animals in the house add so much to our lives -- both emotionally and in Toby's case in terms of dirt!

Erikka -- First, welcome to our group. This is a very supportive group and can relate in most cases to whatever any of us are going through. Being in this weight category brings some additional challenges -- but greater successes -- to the table. In terms of keeping motivated, for me it's the realization that I just want to be able to live longer and move more easily. A couple of us have had wonderful success losing well over 100+ each. Their stories keep me going and give me hope. As for the self loathing. Just don't do that to yourself. Try affirmations and hokey as it sounds, look in the mirror and tell yourself something positive. Hope you find the support here that will help you on your journey.

Karencat -- Well over 10,000 steps -- WOW! Can't even imagine being able to do that. Good for you. Sounds like you're doing really well on WW.

I made up big batches of cucumber and onion and broccoli salad yesterday so I have those for this week. Love both and they're low calorie/low carb. I need to get serious these last 2 weeks so I can stay in the weight challenge. Time to get some serious weight off.

One thing I'm doing for those of you who use something like MFP is I printed off a month's worth of menus from when I was losing 10-15 pounds a month. I'm going to follow that menu plan and hope I can repeat the losses.

Time to get it in gear. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:59 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 330/308/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everyone! It's been a while. Going to try to go back and read and catch up on whats going on with everyone. I didn't fall off the wagon...my daughter and I did a 2 week trip to visit my parents in Florida, then my husband joined us and we all went to Disney for the week. Disney was hard to stay on track eating wise, but I did the best I could. My fitbit said I was averaging around 16000 steps a day......but then my feet swelled from travelling....so I have gone down to under 500 steps the last three days trying to get the swelling to go down. Finally, today, i can see my ankles again.
So I was gone a total of 3 weeks....I didnt realize how hard it would be to find my routine again! We've been back since Saturday, and just today do I have my laundry caught up and made my first "healthy" home cooked meal. I don't feel like I derailed too much, but I am finding it hard to find my groove being back. Before I left, I was finally in my groove--weight was coming off, I was on routine....I know I'll get back there but it's frustrating!

Last edited by lovinlife115; 05-17-2016 at 02:01 PM.
lovinlife115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Betsy The blackberry picking was great, and we are going to go back in a few days to do some more. My legs are still killing me from Saturday so maybe that is a good/bad thing LOL...Brookgreen was nice too. We didn't get to see everything so the plan is to go back on Saturday before our ticket expires. The place is so big that your tickets are good for 7 days. You seem like a busy bee lately. I just like to pretend that I'm more busy than I am I think HAHA! Hope the doctor's appointment goes okay.

Fi Glad you are still checking in with us even if it's every so often. Like to know my friends are okay. I LOVE the collage Grace did! She is very talented!!! The kitties are looking all grown up now I can't believe it. It's really cool to see other cats grow that aren't my own, and they are so stunning looking.

Workinghard Wild blackberries have a huge difference in taste than the ones you buy in store. The ones that are around here are a lot smaller too. When you get them at their ripest they taste a million times better than store bought in my opinion. They grow all over the place here in different areas but most of the time when I find them someone has already come upon them and taken them so there isn't anything left. This is a pretty cool "secret" spot that I'm sure nobody knows about even though it's in plain sight. Hope you have a great OP week this week

Karen Still lots to be done but the goal is to have it all nice and clean by next Friday when DH and I are going on our trip for Memorial Day weekend. My room is in great shape but the kitchen and bathroom not so much. Living room needs some tidying too. I know I got a good workout in I was sweating all over the place LOL...Hope you have a great getaway. I've always wanted to get a pretty swimsuit from swimsuits for all, do they fit okay?

Calda I know how you feel about people playing favorites at work. It isn't so bad for me these days in my current job but my last job before I left I was doing the work of 5 people and never got paid more for doing more work. Those who slacked off all day were part of the "special group" that never got reprimanded. Meanwhile, I was trying to juggle the positions of 5! people and would get yelled at for not doing my job. Hmm....wonder why?!?!?! I'd stick it out as long as you can but look for another job for sure. I can see myself in you so much. I got to where I would call out sick any chance I could, I'd throw up every day before work. It just got to be too much. You'll be doing yourself a favor but definitely don't quit until you have something else lined up. I'm glad you have the gym as your place to go and just let it all out. I let out my frustrations a lot in my workouts and it seems to help. Always cheering you on deary and don't you EVER feel like you don't have someone you can talk to. We're all here for you!

Donna MY LOVE!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear from you!! We were all worried . Glad you and Sam both made new friends. I think that will be great for both of you. Is this the one that you told us about not too long ago? I'm sorry to hear about the infection and feeling icky. Always thinking about you so check in when you can. <3

Tootsie Thinking of you dear. Definitely take your babe's advice and use the machine if you're having troubles. You don't want to make things worse for yourself. Please keep us updated with you. An enlarged heart doesn't sound good

Hi Erikka! I feel your pain on the mobility issues. I'm just getting over a bad neck injury and getting back into the exercising routine that I had (4-5 days a week) has been rough. I've had to get where I'm almost a drill sergeant in my head when it comes to keeping my head straight and keep going. Being down in the dumps, especially after surgery or a major injury is normal, so don't beat yourself up. We're all here for you so please post often!

Lovinlife Welcome back doll! Sounds like you had a great time at Disney and those steps are amazing!!! Don't over work those ankles but I know you'll be okay. It's hard getting back in the swing of things. I'm going through the same thing with just getting over a neck injury. We'll get there though!!

Sunday turned into a nice day. We got to see a lot when we went to Brookgreen Gardens, but didn't get to finish seeing all of the sculptures, and still needed to go to the wildlife side. We plan to go on Saturday to finish. Hopefully it doesn't rain, or not very much so we can still go. We've both been pooped for the past two days. After getting home on Sunday we went to bed pretty early. We were too tired to cook anything so unfortunately we got a pizza to make in the oven. It definitely wasn't on plan, but at that point I didn't care I was exhausted. I slept ok that night, but still my body was tired. I decided yesterday after work to take a rest day. I needed to go visit my grandma anyway since I missed going over there on Sunday. She seems to be doing okay. They found out she has a-fib so the doctor is trying to work on that with her. She's on a few medications now, but seems to be doing as best as she can. My mom said she is having some issues with dementia. When I was there I didn't notice anything too bad. She seemed like herself, and wasn't having really any issues with remembering. She's 84, I mean that's normal anyway at her age. I stayed there for a good bit and we talked. My uncle was there visiting from Atlanta so I got to catch up with him for a bit too. I got home late and was still tired from Sunday, so I called it another early night. I could barely hold my eyes open while DH and I watched our show. It's an anime called One Piece. I am a big nerd in case you didn't already know that.

Today wasn't bad. I had another late day at work but not too bad. I had to grab a few things from the grocery and came home. DH is making us Tonkatsu for dinner tonight. He only lightly breads mine to help me out with carbs. I didn't want to work out today. I was making up every excuse I could to not do it. But I had to have that talk to myself...you guys know the one. So I did it anyway. I think I may have over thought how well I've been doing with my exercise and stepped it back up to about where I was with my workout videos. Holy crap my @$$ was kicked to **** and back!! I had to take multiple breaks through the video, but I still finished it. I was on the verge of tears at one point...that brought be back to my first days working out and trying to lose weight. I'd get so upset with myself that I couldn't do something that I would end up crying, get mad at myself and keep pushing on. It's been a hard road...a VERY hard road. But I'm still here, and I'm still trying. If I don't lose another pound at least I can say I accomplished something, and I'm never giving up on myself no matter what.

Time for a shower. Workout made me pooped and now I'm hungry . Take care friends and be well!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone, just thought I would give a quick positive update. Today my work situation changed for the better. I was responsible for organizing and hosting a major community event and it went off even better than I ever could have imagined. Everyone in the community is saying how fabulous I am and how great the event was. Anyway, I was on cloud 9 after that. Then today, my friend alerted me to a newspaper article that had been written about the event. Not only does it publicly sing my praises, it also almost shames the department of my nasty colleague, saying how they will have to lift their game if they want to try and match what my department is doing. Haha! Now I didn't write the article (obviously) and I was worried about potential repercussions at work, but after much thought, I have decided not to care. I might not be getting the recognition I deserve at work, but the people in the community are recognising my contributions and really, they are the ones paying my bills, so as long as I have their approval, that is all that matters. For the first time in my career, I have felt respected and appreciated, and it is wonderful! I hope everyone is having a great week, I am trying to be good as I have a weigh in and full measurements to be taken next week, and even though I am used to having them done, it still makes me a bit nervous! Thanks again to everyone for your support, I am very fortunate to have amazing virtual friends.
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:29 AM   #75  

Just a quick fly by this morning but wanted to share my battle of the cravings with you -- and for once I won.

I've been craving potato ships. So far I've been winning, but seems like every day about 3:30 I just want some chips and the rubber band aversion therapy isn't taking the cravings away for very long. Yesterday I convinced myself that I could have chips for supper and would forego the onion dip and the almond M&Ms that always seem to also end up in the cart!!!! I even got in the car and drove to our little grocery store and then it was like there was a big stop sign because all of the first row of parking was taken. I took it as a sign that I was not supposed to have those chips so I just drove out of the lot and went back home. Then I had a little Tootsie Roll Pop craving battle after supper, but staved that off with the rubber band snapping.

The good news is that without all the carbs, fat, salt, and sugar my body decided that it was time to shed some water weight. It meant getting up 4 times during the night, but I'm still feeling smug about having stayed on plan and beating back the cravings. If I can do this for another 4 days, I definitely won't get them so much.

Anyway, got to run to the gym but wanted to share. Only this group can understand these cravings and fighting them off!