Old 07-10-2018, 02:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 336/314.5/150

Question Could do with a little help please.

Hey, just looking for some words of wisdom because I feel like I'm constantly going back over on my self..
For example I joined SW and I lost 16.5lbs in week 1
The next week I'd lost another 5lbs
Great 21.5lbs in total and 3 certificates to boot.
But oh my the stress??? Straight away after those 16.5lbs I gained back 5 overnight (I thought water retention etc etc etc but it took a lot of effort to shift it and then ANOTHER 5lb)
And same again this week in the past 2 days I've regained 3lb again! (Likely due to carbs, had syn free roasties 2 days in a row) so today I'm cutting back to attempt to get rid of the issue but I keep working back over on myself.. it's like I'm working hard to lose weight(yes weight, not fat I know) I already lost??

I don't even know why I'm posting this, but if you have anything to say on the topic please do.

Feeling a bit stressed about it all..

Little about me And my journey/goals in note form:
22, mother to a 2 year old girl, law student, I even attend summer university for leisure (head start on upcoming year), I started dieting again when I had to get my crutch out of the cupboard because I couldn't even walk a rooms length, have signed up to a transform training programme which is a 6 week diet and exercise plan (workout with trainers) and if you lose 20lbs or more you get a full refund of the price. (Motivation) which starts July 30th just in time for me to go back to uni for 2nd year at the end of September. I want to be around 150lbs. I have an interactive thyroid for which I have never stuck to my medication before. It's currently the longest I've ever taken it (over 1 week) so I'm 90% sure my dosage isn't correct yet either. So a lot going on (I can't even be bothered to mention the rest lol)
SarLou96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:49 AM   #2  

I think you are being too hard on yourself. Just take it slow, try new eating habits and maybe start a food journal to find out what foods work well for you. As long as you are trying that is good! This is a journey full of discoveries you will unfold.
e_boh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 336/314.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_boh312 View Post
I think you are being too hard on yourself. Just take it slow, try new eating habits and maybe start a food journal to find out what foods work well for you. As long as you are trying that is good! This is a journey full of discoveries you will unfold.
Well I achieved my 2 stone award recently in under a month so I think it's starting to look up
SarLou96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:19 AM   #4  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi
I began losing weight by setting out plates of Healthy 'sliced foods' to snack/graze on day & night: apples, carrots, broccoli, berries, etc. Protein to toss in, setting on top of a green salad I make the evening before; I have absolutely No excuses to eat Stupid snacks anymore, I have a plate conveniently in 2 rooms. My energy & muscles have improved to.

I printed out a calorie/fat chart saying what exercise activity & how long it would take a active person to do to burn up the food. I'm +50 yrs & I don't exercise daily, I'm happy to get 3 miles daily on my Fitbit & lift handweights & on the weekends to use my kayak & go stand-up paddle boarding.

I substitute healthy ingredients & use a recipe for pre-packaged boxed store foods & use half the salt, etc. I cook & bake very similar just Healthier.
​​​​​​
W.Watchers has a very good points system, I bought their shopping food points guide book with a eating-out point guide included when I attended a free meeting to see their plan. I don't have the time or $ to weekly weigh-in, so I didn't join. But the points book is a good guide when buying food ingredients & packaged foods & eating out.

I hope that something I do is helpful to you. I'm happier with my body & my life since I began these food changes

I have a son that's 40 yrs old who is obese about 250#, 6' tall, handsome, but single because he's insecure being overweight. He's got 4 University degrees & earns 6 figures yrly at his corporation & so I feel powerless when I bring up his weight being unhealthy. He's got the brains & the $ to get slimmer, but he won't see a doctor for a physical, I think it's his stressful career or his thyroid making him obese & that's dangerous.... I'm scared for him & he won't listen to me because he does eat healthy food most of the time. If he had a girlfriend or a wife he'd see a doctor....

Thank you for listening to my worries about my son, my husband & I pray for him daily to see a doctor & get his healthy body back, it's been several yrs since his weight was below 200#.

​​​I pray that you find the answer to your problem & your wishes become your reality soon

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarLou96 View Post
Well I achieved my 2 stone award recently in under a month so I think it's starting to look up
e_boh312 is offline   Reply With Quote