Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Getting Fit After 40 #334

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #2  

I have been struggling. I am doing better and plan to be a lot healthier by dec. We still have time to make this our yr to get the weight off!! Let's do this! Let's post and encourage each other. We all know how to lose and NOW is time for me!
Old 06-02-2015, 11:09 AM   #3  

I am going to start out eating less and making good choices. I'm sick of counting calories. I know it works if I stay with it. But for now good choices and as much clean food as possible.
I know I will slip but no cheat days. Just a cheat meal and the follow it up with a light meal to help counter act.
What's your plan?? Who's with me?? Let's save our thread!
Old 06-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

I also need to eat out less and make better food choices. I think they way I'm going to get started is by giving my refrigerator and pantry a thorough cleaning out. Today or tomorrow would be a good time to do that since Friday is trash pick-up day. Once everything is cleaned out then I'll spend some time this weekend planning meals and shopping.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 367/301/???

Height: 5'8

I do great all through the work week. I plan my meals and snacks out, and really stick to my plan. Then the weekend comes, and I act like a mad woman. I eat out a few times, or I have an event and I act like I have never eaten before...or I drink a few too many glasses of wine or sugary cocktails. Every Monday morning the scale reflects my poor choices, but on the following Saturday mornings I have been having losses. If I could just control that weekend eating, my losses could be better. I don't know why this is such a struggle for me
Old 06-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #6  

So excited to have new friends on this thread.
I ate more today but still pop. Really watching processed carbs.
Hoping to continue.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 367/301/???

Height: 5'8

I am trying to watch my carb intake too. Recently was taught how to really read food labels, and I never paid attention to the sugars and carbs before. I always just looked at the fat and calories. I think next week I am going to try and not eat any carbs after lunch. I love tortillas, so that is going to be really difficult...but I will give it a try. Wishing you all a great day...it's finally Friday!
Old 06-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I had a good chat with my WW leader yesterday. After reading the comments above you'll easily be able to guess what her #1 suggestion was: "No eating out until you get 100% back in control." I always end up at places that trigger over eating stuff that I know will shorten my life if I continue along the same road.

So fridge is full of delicious, healthy selections and I'm going to do my best to get my head back to where it was 3 years ago when I'd lost that first 75 lbs.

Wish ne luck!
Old 06-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #9  

I'm back on program. Able to get my points under control for 3 days in a row. A couple choices were not great but I was able to work them in without any disasters. Did not eat out! YAY!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #10  

I am struggling. Hubby insisted we eat breakfast out on sat. It threw my day way off.
Today we are grilling burgers for lunch. I should be pop. My plan is to eat a half bun.
Lots of housework to be done before church today. Then maybe some cleaning on drawers and stuff.
I really want to tackle my basement but will have to do it a bit at a time.
Pineapple will be our bite of sweet for the week. Hubby will end up cheating if we don't have something to satisfy his sweet tooth.
Exercise? I really have to tackle it but just unsure where to start. Guess it's back to the gazelle this week. I would love to jump on my mini-tramp but not sure my knee will let me.
Exciting news, I have tons of little tomatoes on my plants. My squash is looking great but no blooms yet. My Cukes are really taking off and I expect to have them out my ears. My peppers are sad looking this year. Hopefully this hot weather will help them. I am ready for fresh veggies.
I agree with not eating out. I get lazy and give in. I need to make a plan to help avoid it
Old 06-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #11  

Good job Deb! Your garden sounds wonderful.
I'm still okay on points but found pretzels in the car. After I ate them I had to rework my day to fit them in. Grrrrr!
Old 06-08-2015, 09:55 AM   #12  

Been busy this morning and just remembered I hadn't eaten. Guess I will grab a activia.
Today should be pop
Old 06-08-2015, 11:01 AM   #13  

I had a late POP breakfast myself, Deb.

Finished off yesterday POP!!!!

Heavy rain and probable nasty storms almost here. Paige the Pointer is in her Thundershirt. It's kind of like a swaddle for an infant. It looks like a tight doggy coat and it lessens her crazy stress level during storms. She's gotten really bad about storms as she's aged.

I have a POP day planned too. I just need to stick to it.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #14  

Pop day yesterday. Working on it again.
My goal is to start cooking more. Just not in the mood to cook at all. But I know I have to.
My energy is low. But working on it also.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #15  

Let's chat it up ladies!!
I'm pop again
Closed Thread