Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #46  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

It's okay mountain, you can't expect to spend so much time with someone, and not feel something for them, or regret the situation that you were in and all the time that you spent there. It gets easier with time. Cut yourself some slack.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. I hate to mention this because so many of you are in the midst of one of the longest and worst winters since they started keeping records, but it's another gorgeous day here. Maybe we need to just convene a meeting of the chicks at my house!

Scoble -- Just being aware that there's a high likelihood that you'll want to use food to substitute putting a cigarette in your mouth is a big step. Quitting smoking was when I found out that I am totally orally fixated! But, quitting smoking was the best thing I have ever done for myself healthwise. Why don't you start a reward fund. Every time you want a cigarette and have to fight to resist it and fight to resist eating something not on plan, put the cost of a pack of cigarettes aside. By the time the urges have passed, you can get yourself a nice treat.

Terra -- Sounds like you're one of the people trapped in the throes of winter. Hope your OB/GYN appointment goes well -- always hated going to them!

Tootsie -- Love your imagination -- stinky Play Doh. Maybe you should contact the Play Doh people with the suggestion although I don't know what they'd call it!

Fi -- So glad that you bought the trekking poles. I use them a lot as well. Do yours have the cushioned bottom? It's a spring in there so that they give with each step. And I totally understand about trying to find a wide toe box walking shoe. Somewhere along the line, I went from a AA shoe to wearing a walking shoe that is an EE width. You'll do fine with having your great nephew there with you although it will definitely be a change in your day. Is he anywhere near Grace's age? Maybe they can hang out a little together on Friday. Hope your mobility comes back soon, but glad you're having a 0/0/0 day.

Magpie -- Sounds like you have a great artistic streak in your soul. My ordered little mind that is so wonderful at doing project work would never think of leaving the lights up all year and swapping out the bulbs. I so envy and admire people who not only think outside the box but don't seem to care if there's even a box involved!

Shan -- Welcome back. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and have experienced the joy of shopping being a fun activity again!

Andrea -- Being that close to the snacks would be an all day challenge to me. You are showing great fortitude in resisting it at all! I love your morning posts. You sound like I used to be -- get in to the office before anyone else to just have some quiet me time and get my day organized.

Donna -- Of course you crashed. It showed great fortitude to have gone this long before the crash. And it's ok to let your little boy understand that you're hurting in spite of this being the best thing for both of you. Yet again, wish we were neighbors.

Since the weight is not coming off easily or at all and since I have yo-yoed for most of my adult life, I am looking at some real behavior modification. Started with reading Brain Over Binge and it is definitely helping on controlling the urges. I spent a good deal of time yesterday with again reading about serving sizes and recommended number of servings each day. I realized that in spite of tracking that I was probably having between 1,000-1200 calories per day, I was more likely having closer to 2000-2500. I have always eyeballed serving sizes with the occasional (very occasional) nod to measuring such as for dry cereal. Well, I need to start measuring a lot better and tracking the number of servings that I'm having each day. Even what is listed as being at the 1600 calories/day level would be a lot less than I've probably been eating. I really want to get this weight off, but I also want to keep it off this time. And that means I've got to finally learn what a serving size really is and start eating at those levels.

In the meantime, it's time to start cooking. A friend went in for knee replacement surgery, and I'm fixing them dinner so they'll have food for the next few days. And then there's the endless housework -- time to dust again and Toby has managed to drag in enough of the outside that I need to vacuum as well.

Sam and Ubee -- Where are you guys? Hope you're both ok.

Have a great day.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi everyone.
I'm doing well. Food is improving.
Will be busy for next couple of weeks so I will check in but not be so chatty.
Have a peaceful day!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 339/329/146

Aww, Plucky, I have arthritis, too! I'm always so scared of the ice! I swear, I covered like four times the distance I should have, shoveling today, because I kept running back to get more salt, so I'd have somewhere safe to stand!

Mountain_Walker, hey, that's totally understandable. I'm proud of you for walking away! And I'm in awe of you for keeping on a brave face for your kids. You're amazing!

Betsy, I'm a weird combo of left-brained and right-brained. I probably stole the Christmas light idea from someone more artsy. But it's fun!

~~

Today I am working on part of the application process for a REALLY cool job, which I hope I get! It's part-time, so I will still have lots of time to do website projects for people, but it's a lot steadier than my freelancing has been. And I'd get to teach! Cross your fingers for me?

Otherwise, today I shoveled snow, and I made chayote "baked apples," which are pretty good, but I haven't been on Ideal Protein (my diet of choice) long enough to mix them up for real baked apples.

Drinking lots of hot tea and hoping to get over the last of my cold.

Thinking warm thoughts for all of you!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:52 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I gained ergo I am grumpy lol. Part of me doesn't even want to go out tonight because I am 4 lbs up this week. And I am busy all weekend which makes it harder to eat healthfulky if I am not at home much . Although part of me wants to cancel all my plans and stay home...
Old 03-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #51  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Just checkin' in and givin' y'all a new picture: Nénu on Bob's shoulder. I wanted cats who would be shoulder cats, but I didn't anticipate the fact that they would spontaneously climb us whenever we are standing next to something—like the bookcase you can see there—they want to jump over to. Neither of our previous pairs did that!

Very snowy here today, so my get-together w/ Grace will be early: her street has not been plowed yet, so Bob will go get her in his Toyota Land Cruiser. 'Talk to you again later, probably tomorrow. I hope y'all are having a good day, snowy or otherwise. =smile=

Last edited by Fiona W; 03-06-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #52  

Your cat has HUGE ears, Fiona! I've never seen a cat like that! It's cute, kind of like the kitty version of a Fennec fox.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:08 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 432/378/150

Fiona The ears and the shape of the cats head reminds me of a Siamese. Beautiful cat!
Old 03-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #54  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for your comments on my kitten, magpie and Scoble! They're 10-months-old oriental shorthairs, a breed that was developed in the 1960s. The aim was to create cats with the long, lean, big-eared physique of a purebred Siamese, and basically every color in the cat rainbow. This is our third pair of this breed: we always get a male and female that are littermates. We like this breed because they're very social, especially with humans but also with each other. They're our children... what else can I say? =smile=
Old 03-07-2015, 09:46 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow Chicks… it has been almost a week since I posted… not because I didn’t want to but because my computer had a virus or something… I finally got that resolved Thursday but was kind of afraid to try anything until I could make sure it was gone. Other than that glitch, I have had a pretty good week actually.

I have used my UP MOVE all week and I love it… I am going to act like it is very accurate but really at this point I have no clue how accurate it really is. BUT I do know one thing it has really improved my motivation and has me working in extra steps every day. I have started out slowly with it just trying to improve my step count every day. Yesterday I recorded my highest which was 6500 steps. I am working toward 10000 steps daily so in a week and 2 days I am doing 65% of my goal.

Thursday we had ice on the ground and I could not go anywhere so I did Leslie Sansone on YOUTUBE in order to get my steps in. Yesterday it was cool but I took one of the dogs around the block for a walk to get steps in. I can tell it in my feet when I get up in the morning so I know I am getting in more movement so that in itself is a very good thing.

I think it monitors sleep fairly accurately and I have read in several places how important that is to losing weight so I am happy with that part of it.

I have stayed within my calorie count most of those days. I use CALORIE COUNT app and website to keep up with that part of my journey. I have not been very strict this time around so far just staying within reason more than anything. Once before when I was going to the doctor he put me on 1700 calories but this time he didn’t say anything about a number but specifically put me on magnesium and vitamin D.

I researched my blood work levels and I seem to be having some issues with thyroid. I am going to try to address those with vitamins as opposed to medication for the time being. I have started a good multi vitamin and am going to support that with kelp tablets which are high in iodine. In 3 months we will do follow-up blood work.

I am just so happy to be back on track and to be back here. I am not going to address every single thing everyone has talked about right now but I did get a few laughs especially about bikini season. I can remember a time when I had a picture taken of me in a bikini but was way to self conscious to wear it out in public and I looked pretty darn good. Oh to weigh 131 again.

This is the first day of SPRING BREAK for me and I hope to get the lawn mowed. Hopefully the sun with come out and it will warm up and melt the last of the snow off so I can mow. (I think this is the first time every that I have had snow at spring break LOL).

I hope you all have a PERFECT On Plan day!!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:20 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 432/378/150

Fiona We have 3 cats. All kitten rescues. The oldest is 16. We found her by a hospital dumpster. And like you, they are our kids. They keep me sane when life is crashing down around me. If I ever figure out how to post pictures I will do that so you can see them.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Gorgeous day here so I'm going to work on getting the RV ready for it's spring tune up, get the tabs on the plates, etc. Laundry, yard work, and refinishing the chairs will round out the day/weekend. Oh yes, must set the clocks. Becky is over for a day long "play date" with Toby and I just saw Toby flash by with something hanging out of his mouth........which means he's gotten something that he's not supposed to have and is trying to run off to hide before I take it away.

Still struggling with any significant progress on weight loss -- just can't get through an entire day on plan. But today is another day! Have a great one. Got to run, but just wanted to check in.
Old 03-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvw34 View Post
Leslie Sansone on YOUTUBE
You're a genius! Why didn't I think of that? (I even looked for her on Netflix, but didn't think of YouTube!)
Old 03-07-2015, 05:29 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I started my weight loss journey Monday and so far feel motivated. But I know me, and I know that doesn't last. I hope joining this forum will help, where I can find support, and share victories. I look forward to getting to know you.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_magpie View Post
You're a genius! Why didn't I think of that? (I even looked for her on Netflix, but didn't think of YouTube!)
LOL... well I don't know about a genius more like a cheapskate... plus it's so much easier for me than plugging in a dvd... you can find so much on YOUTUBE and the thing is she has her own channel so it must be legit...

CINDY!!! I think you will love it here!!!
Closed Thread