Old 01-10-2015, 07:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 362/311/187

Height: 5'7"

Smile Introducing...me :)

Hi, everybody. My name's Debbie and as my forum name suggests, I'm from Australia. I've been looking for a support forum which isn't part of Facebook for a while now. I've just come across this one and it seems like a supportive and friendly place, which is just what I think I need right now.

I could honestly speak forever about my lifelong struggles with my weight, and no doubt it'll come up in things I post from time to time, but right now my focus is on doing this once and for all and getting to a healthy and happy weight. I'm 48 now and if I don't make more positive steps, I feel like it may never happen for me. I've already made some inroads into my weight mountain, as (hopefully, if I set it up correctly) will be showing up somewhere in my stats, and I still do qualify (just) as being over 300lb (but if it's too close to being under, I'm more than happy to move to another more suitable forum), so I have a ways to go yet. The reason I've been looking for a forum outside of Facebook is pretty simple. Many years ago I lost 45kg (over 100lb) through a forum called Calorie King. It was immensely helpful at the time. Once Facebook came along, gradually everyone moved over to that. I'm still part of a little splinter group we used to have called Over 50kg to lose, but it's been 10 years since I first joined that and pretty much everyone in the group, much as I like them all, is stuck and not getting anywhere. There still is a forum on Calorie King for people with a lot of weight to lose, but there's hardly anybody posting because, you guessed it, they are on Facebook now. I'm about to take a month break from Facebook starting tomorrow and I'm feeling like I really need some new positive input, and I have already seen some great stuff here so that makes me happy enough to use this carrot smilie!

So, that's a bit about me. I'm so looking forward to getting to know you all better
OzDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Welcome Debbie!
I am no longer 300+ but I do hang out here. The 300+ Club is a great group of supportive people who get all the things that go with being 300+ or having been 300+. I know I would not be where I am today without them.
I too started in my late 40's with the get healthy now attitude. It is working. I have committed to being healthy. I am taking a slow road at times because I keep learning so much about myself and how I got to be 300+. It was not as simple as I thought nor as complicated as I sometimes think.
I do think you are going to fit in great here.
Good luck on your journey.
Ubee
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

Thanks for the welcome, Ubee I too am doing this in a very roundabout way this time, with little losses, then pauses, then bigger losses. I've recently gone through a gain period due to a whole raft of factors but I've arrested the slide before it got too out of hand and I'm ready to move down again. And the issues are so far-reaching. I know people say it's as simple as eat less and move more; well, if that was the case, why are there so many very overweight people there? So it's always great to find a group of people who can relate to these circumstances
Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #4  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Welcome Debbie ~ When you feel comfortable Please Join Us in the 300 + Chat Thread for Jan.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:36 AM   #5  

Hi Terra. Thanks - I'd love to I'll try not to act like too much of a noob!
Old 01-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Lightbulb I'm Back

Well...I've been away from 3fat chicks, for over 5 years. A lot of great things have happened in that time! Our 3 Children are married with babies of their own. I'm Grammy to 5 of the most beautiful "Little Angels" in the world....but due to a very bad bout of depression, gained all that I've lost, and gained a WHOLE lot more. {you can see from my weight line below, WOW, really need to change that! very depressing to look at!} Oh well, since the New Year, I've been trying again!! So far the scale is going in the right direction!! I look forward to making some new friends, and getting back on track!! Hi Everyone!!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:47 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

Debbie ~ You'll be fine

Sue ~ Welcome Sue, You can also join us in the 300 + Chat thread for Jan. when your ready
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 AM   #8  

Terra, I have another question. I do have a Wordpress blog and I would be happy to share the address for it, but it looks like you can only share blog addresses which are through the 3FC site. Is that correct?
Old 01-18-2015, 09:00 PM   #9  
Turning Into A New Woman

Debbie ~ I'm sorry but I dont know the answer to your question, I hope someone is able to answer your question

Last edited by Terra1984; 01-18-2015 at 09:01 PM.