Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300 Plus And Getting Fit After 40 #328

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #2  

Day late to December.

I didn't make good choices from Wednesday through Sunday. After stepping on the scale yesterday I was right back POP. I already feel better.

We leave on Friday for a Caribbean cruise. I need to remember how much better I feel when I eat sensibly. I am looking forward to this cruise with my fitbit to measure my activity also.

Let's do this!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #3  

I finally dared to get on the scale this afternoon, happy to see that I only gained 3lbs over the holiday break. Phew! I was scared!

gggirls a Caribbean cruise sounds wonderful! Have a great time! I never been on a cruise but I heard there is a lot of food all day long. Be weary! I bet there will be good choices all decorated out to look scrumptious.

Rainy day here, icy drizzle tonight. Tonight is pizza night, it's not delivery it's Digiourno. I limit myself to two pieces. My skinny son eats the rest.

Have a good day!
Ann
Old 12-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Carol,Have fun!!!!!!!!! Don't do what one of my best friends did a couple months ago. 1st full day out she was walking on the track on board. She tripped on a chair leg that had encroached on the track, fell, and broke her arm in two places. So much for trying to exercise while cruising.

Ann, Good pizza is one of my downfalls. I can lose my healthy mind for days after just one (eg: the first turns into many) slice. About the only kind I can eat, fulfill the urge and not eat crap for days afterwords, is Lean Cuisine French Bread Pizza. Probably because it's not great but not awful either.

I didn't weigh in this morning. Didn't want to face the scales but I did stay for the WW meeting. I need the meetings to keep me accountable and to pick up new ideas from the leader and my fellow group members.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #5  

Judy what an awful way for your friend to start a cruise! That must have been a miserable vacation!

Pizza is my downfall too. And we didn't have Digiourno. My daughter volunteered to pay for a local pizza place. Their pizza is sooo good. I have to come clean and say that I ate 3 slices, yes 3. Better stick to Digiourno, lol. I think Lean Cuisine makes a mushroom spinach pizza in a creamy cheese sauce that is good. Been awhile since I bought it and not sure of the nutritional values.

Tonight is hot dog night. I did good all day and I am staying on plan tonight.

Have a good evening!
Ann
Old 12-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #6  

I pulled M/T/W back together POP after seeing the scale on Monday morning - up 8 lbs. Yesterday was almost POP. We fly out this morning - my plan is good choices. I will also try to walk each morning. I love the time on the ship while all is quiet and walk at sunrise - so peaceful.

My goal for this trip was to not have to use a seat belt extender - I think it may be iffy but I'm sure gonna try!

Have a great POP week - see you in a week.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

I'm back!! Had to reset my password because I couldn't remember what I used.
Eating has been bad. Not watching it at all. Today I will track!! Glucose is inching up. Hubby's is high and he has labs in a few weeks.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #8  

I'm trying to stick to 3 healthy meals and one or two snacks, therefore staying on my WW plan. Don't know where my mojo went because as soon as I get in the car - it's gone.

Since we are dealing with heavy wet snow today I'm planning to stay in and being POP should be easy.

Hope everyone is trying even if success seems hard lately.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:55 AM   #9  

Yesterday wasn't pop but it was close. Trying again today!
Old 12-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #10  

Scales are up ..... again.

I talked to my WW leader and I'm going to try tracking my day starting at lunch and ending with the next day's breakfast. My worst time to snack is in the AM. So I'm going to try to fool my brain into "I have X # of points left for this morning - deal with it."

Got some info on the "not new but more user friendly" plan at this mornings meeting. Sounds like it may help me a bit more. They are stressing balanced choices at each meal rather than eating all of your points from only one portion of your options. Like not over doing either to the carb or protein side of your days meals. We'll see how it goes.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #11  

Eating is BAD!! Trying today to rein it back in. Scales are UP!
I feel so far behind ! I finally got shopping done. Well all but 1 item.

I am struggling with depression something new for me. I miss my sister so much. I know exercise and eating right will help more than anything.

Today I'm staying home and trying to catch up on a few things including laundry. My youngest cleared out the back room and I get to deal with the leftovers. I will be so thankful to have the extra room again.
A friend also wants to make curtains this week and today would work best for me. I don't have energy at night after babysitting all day and cooking and cleanup.
So starting today I will track.
Anyone make white chilli ? I made some yesterday and it was really good but lacking something.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #12  

I'm home!

Good news - we walked and walked and walked. The cobblestone of San Juan were tough on my knee but ended that day with almost 11,000 steps. Our day in St. Thomas I so enjoyed the water. DH was surprised how far out I went. It felt sooo good.

Bad news - eating/drinking choices were not the best. I did try very hard to get my water in. I could really tell when I didn't.

Need to pull this back together and not throw in the towel until the new year.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:56 PM   #13  

You're about to read something different about me. I've actually been POP since my WW meeting on Thursday! I think this changing the time I start counting my daily WW points from breakfast to starting at lunch is paying off. Yeah, it's a head thing. But it's limiting the # of pts I have left in the AM and I am very aware of it. To be honest, I'm having a hard time using up my points each day and it has been a long, long time since that happened. I sure hope this lasts!

Carol, NO throwing in the towel. You were doing well before you left. Put what ever you ate, or didn't eat on vacation behind you. Start fresh no later than tomorrow. You can do it.

Deb, you will rein it in. I know it! I wish I could help you with the white chili but I've never had it.

Ann, Angela, Ubee.... where are you.

If you celebrate the Christmas holiday it's time to put up that tree and make a list so you can use it to regift any candy or baked good you may find beneath it.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi All!
I am lurking as always. Trying to stay on plan as best I can over the holidays. Do not want to do a restart with the new year.
Judy that is great news that you found something to help you stay OP.
Deb, Carol,...if it is too much to be totally POP, baby steps are the next best thing. I am working on them myself.
We will do this!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #15  

Food is planned and today will be pop!!!
Closed Thread