3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300 Plus And Getting Fit After 40 #327 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/300271-300-plus-getting-fit-after-40-327-a.html)

gggirls 11-01-2014 07:54 PM

300 Plus And Getting Fit After 40 #327

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

gggirls 11-01-2014 07:56 PM

OK - we're heading in to the holidays with November being here. I'm hoping/planning to continue my POP ways until Thanksgiving - one day off then right back on. What about you?

gggirls 11-02-2014 01:27 PM

I fell apart late last night. Good thing it only lasted about 30 minutes - still did a lot of damage.

BarbPA 11-03-2014 02:36 PM

Yes! I plan on being on plan! I do have a girl's night out on Friday which will be a little more relaxed, but I am counting calories, logging, planning....

I am starting physical therapy on Wednesday for the pain I've been having in my knee/hip. Sounds like I have an IT band injury. PT should help and get me back to the gym!

I am already thinking about Thanksgiving dinner and what I'm cooking. I do plan on making sure I have a couple healthy options!

Can't believe it's November already!!!

;)

annsokos 11-04-2014 11:51 AM

Hello Ladies!

gggirls, you did a half an hour of damage, I did a whole weekend of damage and the scale knows it. It started with Chinese on Friday and Mark brought home a Halloween cake from work, Saturday was more cake, Sunday was Mc Donalds. Sounds terrible doesn't it? I looked in a book I have on the diabetic diet and I can have 1 egg roll or a cup of a meat/veg in sauce. So next time I'll order the szehuan sp? chicken in a pint and be on plan. Can order an egg roll too and it eat for lunch the next day.
So we had a setback, but we just move forward cause that's all we can do to reach our goal!
Barb I'm sorry about your knee but glad that you are getting physical therapy and soon be as good as new!
I too am going to take the day off on Thanksgiving. What are you going to do with all those leftovers?
Ann

j-ann 11-06-2014 12:35 PM

My choices may not have been the best over the last week but my "Oh my God I've got to be good for the rest of the day!" must have worked better than I imagined. I lost 2.2 lbs this week.

I'm stunned!

BarbPA 11-06-2014 01:39 PM

Hi Chicks! :wave:

Judy - YAY on the loss!!! :D

Ann - Thanksgiving leftovers. Yum! :) I am cooking at home this year after going out for the past several years. I plan on making sure there is a healthy option or two. Not over doing desserts. Will have to be smart with the leftovers. The stuffing is the hardest thing to avoid.

All is going fairly well here. I've had an up and down week, but I will prevail! I just had lunch which was delish - spaghetti squash with ground turkey and veggie pasta sauce!

On Thursdays we usually go out to a local diner for dinner after my son's gymnastics class. I'll have an egg white omelet and fruit.

For now it's back to work. Just had to take a lil break to say hi!

:) Barb

dgramie 11-06-2014 03:58 PM

So much going on here but I am still pop! I think I am to numb to eat. My sister is on life support again. Doesn't look good this time. My sister inlaw has been given 2 months. I am fighting the same old cough and crud. On meds again.

dgramie 11-07-2014 01:32 PM

I am feeling much better today and am hungry!! I will have to watch it to stay pop!!
Thinking of putting up my Christmas tree early. I am torn because I like thanksgiving but I have a free weekend and time to do it. I think it might lift my spirits to have it up.
I have sure enjoyed a beautiful tree out my dinning room window. It's a deep red color with a tree next to it that is brilliant orange. I love fall!
I'm still crocheting to keep my hands busy.

annsokos 11-07-2014 02:13 PM

Deb. I am so glad that you're feeling better today. I have been thinking of you and your family.
The woman down the street has her Christmas lights up and a cute little snowman in her front flower bed. It looks pretty.
I miss our maple that would give off beautiful color each fall, but we had to cut it down, one of the hurricanes (can't remember which one) did a number on it. Lucky it didn't hit our house, we had a foot to spare for one big branch. My neighbor has a maple so I enjoy her tree.
It has been cold and windy today. A day for tea and snuggling up.
I wasn't POP yesterday, but am today. Good for you Deb for staying POP all through this difficult time.
Have a good day Ladies!
Ann

gggirls 11-07-2014 07:01 PM

Ive had a POP week and made it to the pool this morning. Plans are to go again tomorrow morning.

Barb - good luck with the PT. I'm in the middle of the injections for my knee. Unfortunately my insurance will no longer pay for the ones I've had such success with for many years. I also just finished up a spaghetti squash I had roasted with some ground turkey and sauce. I bought another squash at the store today.

Tonight is lean pork tenderloin with roasted cabbage. DH has been wanting to go out but so far I'm good at home.

dgramie 11-08-2014 08:38 AM

I have a 2lb loss this week. My scales have been jumping around a lot. I can tell in my clothes I'm losing and even though it's slow it's working.
I can tell the gazelle is toning me.
I am taking sat off from dieting but trying to be mindful still and not go crazy.
My sister was able to text some with me yesterday. She is still on the vent and trach is being discussed. Please pray for her.
Going out running with a friend today. Hitting a few sales and a bazaar. Hoping to find a new craft to keep my hand and mind busy.
Hugs to all!!!!

mountain walker 11-08-2014 09:25 AM

Hello ladies getting fit! I thought that I would post on this part as I have now started to go to the gym....so feel I am making proper efforts to moving my body in a meaningful way. I was rather saddened by how stiff my knees are especially my left one. I was unable to use an ordinary static bike and struggled to use a recumbent bike. Following 1 gym session and a good swim and stretch in the pool my next gym visit was a bit more successful and I used the recumbent bike without problems!
My plan is to gym it 2-3 times a week, swim once a week and walk the dogs when the weather allows. Here goes!
Keep up the good work ladies.

Ubee 11-08-2014 10:11 AM

Deb, I will be keeping your sister and all your family in my prayers.
You are doing a great job with the stress. Hang in there.

annsokos 11-09-2014 12:57 PM

Happy Sunday Ladies!

What a night for my front yard....I slept right through it. It must have been a drunk driver. He/she missed the telephone pole by inches because we had a reflector there that went flying, dug into the railroad ties of our driveway, hit another reflector, took a big chunk of grass, hit our mailbox, completely took it out of the ground onto the yard followed by large stones I put there, threw the mailbox into my neighbors yard. I'm mad, but glad that he/shes didn't hit the telephone pole. They must have done some damage to the undercarriage of their car. Pieces of their car were on my lawn and street.

I am losing the weight that I gained. 2 more lbs to go. I did Chinese last night but was on plan. I ordered a pint of Szechuan chicken, skipped the rice. Tonight is hamburgers and a salad.

I am tired today. Feel like taking a nap.

Ann