3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread: October, 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/299606-300-chat-thread-october-2014-a.html)

Terra1984 10-01-2014 07:40 AM

300+ Chat Thread: October, 2014

Good Morning Everyone, Its Oct. 1st so its time for a new Chat thread.

MissBB 10-01-2014 08:01 AM

Eeepa! October. The year is done so, so, soon. Now I'm officially terrified!!!!!

Betsy - our winter temps are pretty good. The coldest it ever really gets in Sydney is about 7C... or 45F. But it averages around 14/15C - about 60F. I love the cooler months, but if you want a bit more warmer weather Autumn/Spring would be your best bet. You will occasionally have a freak hot day (100F plus) but it is generally much more tolerable (70/75 F). Airconditioning is basically in all buildings you'd go to as a tourist - hotels, malls, offices, theatres, museums - everywhere. It's the time outdoors that'll get ya - which is, really, the best way to see Sydney... and Australia in general! That's why in summer we tend to flock to the beach/harbourside - you get a beautiful ocean breeze and are as happy as Larry! Do come to Oz. It's pretty awesome!

Fiona - I totally am on board with the whole 'brain gets on the fritz' thing. I know that I'm useless on the 40 degree days. My brain just won't work. I'm back in the family home at the moment, which is a lovely place - but trickily designed and impossible to air-condition. Ceiling fans everywhere. Can't complain though... there's a rather nice pool ;)

Busy day, hormones slowly coming back into check. Put more effort in to eating regularly today (with school at the moment I'm often grabbing what I can, when I can). Made a big difference I think.

Hope everyone's Wednesday is fab :D

betsy2013 10-01-2014 12:33 PM

Happy October -- today is my grand nephew's 4th birthday and as usual I am wondering where the time is going. Seems to go so much faster now that I'm retired. We'll go up there this weekend to celebrate with the whole family.

OK, now a test of my memory from having just read the last postings in the September thread.......

Fi -- I cannot even imagine the challenges of being bipolar. My first thought was that having a little of the manic side would be good for me because maybe I could actually get something finished that I start, and then I read the rest of your post. Interesting that your Qigong therapist is excited about the results you'll see from the breathing technique after a year.

MissBB -- While there are many things in Australia I would want to see inside, I'm a "outside" person when I travel. Thanks for the info on best times to come visit.

Donna -- Sounds like you've had some real break throughs with your therapist. Hope your little one is feeling better and can go back to the pool with you. I am very impressed that you're trying to learn Welsh -- what are the roots for the language? We're on the same wave length with needing to do cleaning. Ugh.

Sam -- Back on course with both exercise and diet -- not a doubt in my mind that you would do this. And, yes, I do think that some of being successful is putting ourselves first at least some of the time.

Dean -- Oh, no. Glad it wasn't a serious accident, but what a way to start the day. Your coffee sounds wonderful and I bet it smells every bit as good.

Terra -- Thanks for getting us into the new month. I would have done it but it would have been around the 5th or 6th.

If I've missed someone, I'm sorry. Hopefully Ubee is missing us and not having some sort of personal crisis. Where are you,Ubee?

Off to the gym, stop by the pharmacy to get my flu shot and buy some cards for birthdays and anniversaries that are coming up, and then home to get the house straightened up. Oh year, I have to stop by my BIL's house to put on his surgical hose. One more week and then he should be released and both of our lives can get back to normal. Today is a big day in my life as Medicare starts today for me. This will result in a $300/MONTH savings on my premiums and a $2,500/YEAR savings on the deductible. I'm sure I'll find some way to spend the extra. :dizzy:

The new approach -- morbid though it may be -- is helping. Not 100% yet, but it is forcing me to stop before stuffing something in my mouth. Maybe a nicer way to think about this is in terms of asking if eating something will help with making me healthy. Anyway, I feel like the resolve to get the weight off and eat better all the time is beginning to come back. Off to the gym. Hope everyone has a great day.

ANTICAKECHICK 10-01-2014 01:14 PM

QUESTION LADIES.
I need some suggestions for how to keep my face out of the trough when I get home in the evenings.

Usually, I can keep myself busy enough- off work at 6, pick up kid by 630, at the gym by 7, gym for an hour, home by 830, then its dinner, baths, bed and I am ok. But, on nights where I don't have my son, or when I am off work early with more time at the house I feel like I can NOT keep myself out of the pantry! If it is not nailed to the floor it is going in my mouth. And then, of course, I feel beyond guilty. I have been pretty good the last month or two about not beating myself up too bad, or jumping off the wagon with both feet on a week long food bender but... I don't WANT to just be shoving stuff in my face! I'm not hungry, but its like I CAN'T stop myself! What is wrong with me??? And HOW do I make myself NOT do that?

Terra1984 10-01-2014 06:36 PM

Betsy ~ Your welcome, I like starting the new threads

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and I started watching for my bus at 7:30 and then I got to school at 8 am and I didnt leave there until after 4 pm and I didnt get home until after 4:30 pm. I just got done eating dinner and I'm about to go take a shower. I hope everyone is having a nice day.

Fiona W 10-01-2014 07:51 PM

AntiCakeChick— My suggestion is that you find something to do with your hands that is so rewarding, so much fun, that you go right to doing that and never think about eating. It works for me: I'm a collage artist. In other words, find yourself a hobby, a craft, an art form, a music form, an avocation... you get the gist. Once you get really engaged in your new pursuit, your hands will be too busy to reach for the munchies! What have you always dreamed about doing? Go for it! Take lessons if necessary, try Swap-bot, there are zillions of ways to find something exciting to do that does not involve food!

SamIAm86 10-01-2014 09:46 PM

Evenin all!!

Ubee I'm thinking about you hun and hope you are ok...I know we all get busy sometimes, just hope nothing bad has happened.

Donna I'm glad to hear that things are going great with your therapist :)

Miss BB Fi hit the nail on the head. Ya gotta find something to keep busy that you enjoy. For me it's makeup and video games. By the time I've gotten off work and exercised, eaten dinner, feed my animals and shower there usually isn't much time before bed but I love playinh with makeup even if I don't have a call to do a job...I used to make youtube videps but put that on the back burner until I get my health in order.

Betsy I'm feeling a lot better now that I have forced myself to be 100%. Good news to hear about your insurance premiums :) and high five for a gym day!!!

Today has been a bit of a mental struggle...it's the 23rd anniversary of my father's death. He and my mother were hit by a drunk driver on their motorcycle in front of our house. My dad hit hid head on a rock in our front dictch and caused major head trauma and swelling of the brain. Doctors tried to do surgery but was left in a coma and died. I miss him so much...it has been a hard life growing up without him here...especially knowing that justice was never served to my family...the guy got off with only serving 3 months in jail while awaiting trial. There was more than one person in the car and since it was a hit and run they couldn't determine who the driver was and let them all go free. This year has been slightly different than past years...I haven't cried which will be the first time in 23 years that I haven't...I guess with the recent loss of my friend I just have no more tears to shed. I'm just glad that I have a good man in my life that loves me for me...he won't ever take the place of my father, but he has filled some pretty big shoes in being there for me when I grew up my whole life feeling that I was alone.

Today I took a rest day from exercise since I got home late from the grocery store. I've already packed my bookbag to go straight after work. Gonna do a little cardio and work on legs. Stocked my pantry full of good foods...it felt so good :). I also got some ingredients to make a clean and healthy version of a non dairy pumpkin spice coffee creamer. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

Hope everyone had a great day today! Check in tomorrow

Terra1984 10-02-2014 06:08 AM

I woke up at 4 am. Its now 5:02 a.m., I'm currently eating breakfast, I'm gonna watch for my bus at 7:30 a.m. and I'll probably get to school a little after 8 am and I wont leave there until 3:30 pm and I probably wont get home until 4 or 4:30 pm. I hope to get my 2 mile walk in tonight but I didnt walk last night, Its okay to have a day off from working out.

vwdeano 10-02-2014 06:46 AM

Good Morning!

Looks like some Autumn Blend this morning...

I had been trying not to be so obsessed with the scale, but when I checked yesterday I was up a few pounds. I've been working in walking and bike riding every day as much as I can-looks like I'm going to have to be a bit more vigilant with portions.

Oh well, its a new day.

Take care,

Dean

Ubee 10-02-2014 11:50 AM

Hi Everyone.
Thanks for your concern. I am OK and just working through some mental stuff and putting myself on the back burner. Didn't realize I had even stopped posting. My brain is so fuzzy. I will pull myself back together soon.
Ubee

betsy2013 10-02-2014 11:53 AM

Yet again I typed out an entire reply with personals only to have posting problems. Seems to be because I'm doing it on the ipad instead of on the desk computer -- don't know if it's a wi-fi problem or what, but irritating.

Anyway, not going to retype everything. Hope all have a good day.

mountain walker 10-02-2014 02:18 PM

Blinking good news!

Hello my lovely friends.
Firstly.....ubee what can we do to help? I my thoughts lovely.
Betsy...Welsh is a really ancient Celtic language and has the same roots if you go back far enough to Breton and Cornish. It consequently doesn't have words for some modern things which makes a conversation in Welsh interesting to listen too! I now live in an area that is very proud of it's Welsh speaking history so I thought it was about time I learned! It will also help my little boy. Although he is taught through the medium of English, there is still a lot of Welsh spoken and he is struggling a bit!
Deano....hope there was no whiplash? Not a great start to your day though!

I have had the most amazing day!

Firstly I went to help out at a Mum's and Toddler's group and really enjoyed it.....I have been once before but it took a while to build up the courage to go again.
Secondly.....I went into a Charity Shop and there on a Sale rail was a beautiful Jacques Vert skirt and top in exactly the right colour with a matching hat. All for £10!!!! It is a size that I could wear now but would be a bit snug but as I lose weight I could easily have it altered. As I have only paid £10 for it I wouldn't mind paying for that. The thing is....I would like to lose stones and stones before the wedding but am now under no pressure to do it to sqeeeeeze in to a Mother of The Bride outfit!

Gotta Go........dogs are going doolally!
Have a great Day

SamIAm86 10-02-2014 10:17 PM

Checking in...too tired to post but I have stayed OP and got my work out in and managed to drink 168 oz of water today...go me!! Tomorrow is Friday...so ready for the busy weekend ahead :)

Terra1984 10-03-2014 06:30 AM

Dean ~ Yeah my mom says I weigh myself too much so I need to try to not do it so much.

Ubee ~ I'm sorry to hear your having problems lately, Just keep in mind you can always come here to talk about your problems, We are all here for you.

Betsy ~ I hate when I type out a big reply of personals and I lose the post some how.

Donna ~ Hi Donna, How are you doing this morning?

Sam ~ Congrats are drinking all that water yesterday. The most I can drink in a day is 72 oz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 3 a.m. cause I went to bed early last night. I was sleepy all day yesterday due to the weather when its cloudy and rainy or stormy, It makes me more sleepy then when its sunny. My plans for today are to get my 2 walks in, My morning walk and my 2 mile evening walk with my dvd. I also plan to go shopping today, Food and non food shopping. Well thats it for me so far today, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

vwdeano 10-03-2014 06:52 AM

Starting a new day with a nice weekend on track!

Hazelnut this morning. Doggies were sleeeepy when I headed out for the office.

Have a great day,

Dean