Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Judy - woohoo!!!! Where are you headed for the weekend?

Angela - thought of you today and doing DVD's - I think I'll pull out my WATP for the weekend. Hope you're having a good day.

Debbie - great choices. You are so right about activity here - and I'm very happy to be part of it.

Big wave to everyone - especially the lurkers.

I had another POP day, thinking I have a plan set for the weekend. First step is hitting the pool tomorrow morning.

Let's do this!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #17  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I'm off to a dog agility trial at a farm in the hills outside of Saratoga Springs. I got conned into serving on the trial committee because there are not a lot of club members (it's a national group) in the area. One of the go getters convinced the Board that this was the only location in New England/ NY / NJ that she could find. It's in the middle of nowhere.

We'll have fun

Last edited by j-ann; 09-04-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:24 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

We are going to enjoy another weekend without company. Walmart and grocery on the list for today. I am looking forward to just relaxing.
We will be eating at Mexican today. I am going to do it like I use to when losing before.
I am down 4lbs in 4 days know it won't continue but I will enjoy it while it lasts.
I am excited, my new yarn will be in today.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #19  

I logged on yesterday to post, got distracted sending an e-mail and off I went.

Made it to the pool this morning after tweaking my knee in the middle of the night before. Little stiff but all worth it. Getting my yellow lab adjusted to anti-seizure meds won't take long hopefully.

Have a POP menu planned for the week and have sent DH grocery shopping to avoid any encounters with things calling my name.

Judy - sounds like fun!

Let's have a safe, POP weekend.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #20  

Hi! I am 45 and 300lb exactly. Thank you DGramie for showing me this thread.
I am following the diabetic diet and so far have been "good" except for last night I ate 3 pieces of pizza. So now I know a trigger food.
A little about myself....I am married and 3 kids-14,20, and 21. I like genealogy, though I haven't done anything with my family tree for awhile due to depression.
My goal is to become healthy, fit and trim. I want to have the energy to go hiking, and other fun activities without holding everyone up and sweating like a pig and breathing hard like I am going to die of a heart attack.
I would like the bedroom to be sexy again. In my 300lb world it ain't so.
I would like not to have to go to the bathroom 6 times per night and worry about peeing my pants during the day.
I wear a cpap at night for sleep apnea. I would love to get rid of it.
So now that my complaints and statements are out there, here I am, lol. I really want to do this, this time. I want success. I see that many of you are doing just that and hope some of your success and tips will rub off on me.
Ann
Old 09-07-2014, 08:42 PM   #21  

Welcome Ann! Deb didn't steer you wrong - there is a lot of support here for the issues facing us in this journey.

Well I have to say I'm glad the weekend is over. It was POP but boredom certainly wreaks havoc and uncertainty.

Need to figure out exercise again.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #22  

Hi Ann, Glad you've joined us!

I had a great time except for stupid calf and ankle cramps from spending too much time both walking on hard cement and sitting sitting for long periods of time. I do want to go back and explore the area. It's beautiful and there's so much Am. history, that I didn't appreciate when I was younger. It's only 2 1/2 hrs from home - an easy day or weekend trip. My eating could have been better but I can say it was not a disaster. Back on plan 100% this morning.

Carol: You're right. Boredom is dangerous. I'm getting better at keeping my hands, and head busy. I'm trying to keep my needlework, or a book right at hand or to grab binoculars and just head to the park for a short walk.

Deb, Angela: How was your weekend?
Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #23  

I had a good weekend. It wasn't perfect but not bad and I'm calling it a success!we always eat out on Saturday and I made it work.
Scales are still down 4lbs.
Kids came home and ordered pizza and hubby and I had a sandwich as planned. It is a big step to skipped pizza!
We didn't walk over the weekend. We did get out and about so I feel like it was exercise. We went back to our DVD today. Hoping maybe to walk tomorrow morning outside.
Welcome Ann!! I really think you will like it here!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #24  

Weigh in this morning was -4lbs. I have to be happy with that. I was hoping for more because scales haven't moved since Saturday.
I know we need to increase exercise up to a mile tomorrow. I also know I need to watch sodium a bit closer.
So this wk I will watch sodium. I think we are going out of town for sat night. I will really try and stay focused
So how is everyone doing?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #25  

Deb, how could you not be happy with a four pound loss????? 4 lbs is amazing!

Yesterday was not perfect. I used a few extra points for carbs. I can do better.

Hoping I can make the rest of the week POP.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #26  

Judy I was really hoping for a big big number since it was after a big gain.
I thought since I was at a 4lb loss on sat I would have more movement by today. It just didn't happen! I am happy to be losing again!!

Let's talk about carbs. Which ones do you avoid? I have always watched carbs somewhat. Since being diagnosed pre-diabetic I am more aware of just how many I eat a day. Seems like every diabetic goes super low for the day. Hubby's dr goes with 45gm per meal. I know I can't eat that many grams and lose. So what's your thinking and what has worked for you?
Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #27  

My scales went down another lb.
Food was pretty easy yesterday.
I have church tonight but will be fine. Dessert will be skipped!
My blood sugars in June was 120-135 range in the am in June. Now my numbers are in the 85-100 range. I am excited to see what my dr says.
Hubby has had some med adjustments. So please say a prayer it works.
Exercise is still hit and miss. I don't see any today. Well unless you count chasing kids.
Have a great day.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #28  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA. What a week. What a couple of weeks, honestly. I don't expect things at work to slow down, even though they should, so I have GOT to figure out how to make time to TRACK, EXERCISE, and POST. I'm going to keep this short today, though, and set the goal to just make sure I show up again tomorrow.

Welcome Ann!

WTG, Deb... 4 pounds is 4 pounds!
Old 09-11-2014, 11:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 310/178/148

Height: 164cm / 5'4''

Default Hello again

Hi Everyone,

Doesn't time just fly....... I took on some extra work over the June/July break to raise a little extra cash for the school fees as I took a large pay cut when I accepted my current contract. This resulted in working the equivalent of two full time jobs and still squeezing the family in amongst it.

Term 3 is always a challenging term, there are our regional and national Oireachtas for Irish Dancing and my son came 2nd again at the regional Oireachtas held a few weeks ago and the his Under 15 8 Hand Mixed Ceili team came first in the state the following week.

It's also competition time for Rhythmic Gymnastics and my daughter placed first overall in her first two comps and has qualified for the state championships to be held in October.

Both children have celebrated birthdays and are now 12 and 14 years old.

To top it all off, because I have such an easy and relaxed life I am enrolled in a M. Phil. program again with a completion date of end 2015.

When life became too busy and complicated I my weight loss plan and goals suffered. I've been off plan throughout all of this (I think it was around the beginning of July when I last posted). I haven't restricted my diet and I haven't exercised. I also stopped taking the medication at the time. I didn't want to 'waste' taking the medication if I wasn't going to live the lifestyle.

Despite all of this, I have only gained 1 pound!!! I have eaten rubbish - lollies, chips etc but must confess I have limited the amounts and did not eat anywhere the volumes I use to ..... perhaps, moderation really is the key - once I achieve my goal!

So, here I am .... feeling very slack, like a 'fairweather' friend (to coin a phrase of Anne Shirley - I love Anne of Green Gables) as I am only around when I need something .... for this I sincerely apologise to you all.

My aim for this phase I of my weight loss journey is to post regularly (I would like to say every day but that would be a commitment that I know I will not be able to meet) - at least once every two to three days. This will endeavour to maintain my commitment to my program and also provide some support for others.

It's been lovely reading all of your posts (I read the last couple of pages before typing this). I appreciate your honesty and that especially has been motivating for me.

See you in the next few days.

Bek.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #30  

I was up 0.2 lb yesterday when I expected a loss. Not sure if that's what sent me into a tailspin but I ate crap all day. Today is a new day and I'm going to try really hard to stay on plan.

Welcome back Bek!
Closed Thread