Old 07-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Default Pills 2 Help With Weight Loss???

What do you guys think about pills to help with your weight loss?

I've been taking a pill since May that curbs my appetite and with my 1200 calorie diet I've lost 13 pounds doing those two things for a total of 18 pounds, The first 5 pounds I lost on my own but Im so glad that I've started a 1200 calorie diet and started taking the pill that curbs my appetite it has really helped my weight loss.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Be safe, and no one knows your body like you & your physician so if works for you without side effects I have no judgement. That said, I was actually curious about something similar myself, I am not really looking for an appetite suppressant because my issue is more emotional eating than due to actual hunger. I was curious what products people are taking (vitamins, supplements, apple cider vinegar, spices, etc. to aid in weight loss.

For me I am currently taking (not everyday *blushes*) Organic cinnamon powder (I dust my desserts & oatmeal in this), Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs Organic raw formula being my favorite) mixed w/water, Natrol Cinnamon Chromium Biotin Tablets, Deva Hair, Nails and Skin vitamins w/Biotin and as of today I am taking Deva Flaxseed Omega 3 supplement.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #3  
Turning Into A New Woman

My doctor prescribed the pills so I think Im okay but thats for telling me to be safe
Old 07-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Obesity is never healthy, and anything you can do to help you lose weight can't be all bad. I feel that as long as you are under a doctor's supervision you should be OK. I would be afraid to take pills like that because of my many health problems and meds that I am on for them, but that's just me.

I also wonder how this will work long term. After you lose the weight and stop taking the pills will your appetite come back to what it was before?

Good luck to you with this!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/138/125

Height: 5'6"

A whole lot of people lose weight the first time they try a med - I did at age 18 with the old formula Hydroxycut. I only had 20lbs to lose back then, and 15lbs just fell off with that stuff.

It never worked the same way again, and I learned nothing from the experience. If anything, it was destructive, because it took multiple tries with other supplements later before I realized that the pill route is a one time deal, and that I was lucky I hadn't experienced the dangerous side effects.
jeminijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

My dr's have never prescribed me anything and I've been obese my whole adult life. I am loath to bring it up and I think maybe they feel like I have so much to lose that it would be bad to put me on pills for that long? I have seen people who are merely overweight be put on pills though. I think its an individual thing and depends on your health, what other meds you are taking, your personality and current mental and emotional health.

I also notice they don't really promote or suggest weight loss surgery to me either. When I know people half my size get it done all the time (again I am petrified of surgery so I've never brought it up).

I'm okay with that though, I've finally reached a place where albeit SLOWLY I'm losing weight (in the grand scheme of things.. the past 4 months I haven't lost a lb but... in general I'm finally under 300lbs, and before that I had "permanently" {3+ years} lost 20 or so lbs... Even if I keep losing 20 to 30lbs a year and keeping it off in the long run that works better for me than dropping 50lbs in 3 months, and then regaining it all and then some when I fell off the wagon into the ravine

Who knows maybe they sense I'm not really open to the idea. I am sure it works and helps other people but I feel like I'd be one of those people who broke the rules and would screw things up anyhow.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:18 PM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

Yeah My doctor hasnt suggested surgery either but like you I would be scared to have it.