Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #76  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, chalk up another crappy day for me. Depression pain and overeating to boot. I kept trying to do things for the BERP, but every time I'd do something as simple as bringing back the recycle bin from the curb, or carrying something upstairs, I'd get waylaid by the same ol' pain in my chest and have to go take another Geodon and lie down and moan for a while. And Geodon makes you lethargic and also makes you crave carbos like mad. There's a reason why mentally ill people get fat, believe me!

But I did make three annoying phone calls. You know, those phone calls you put off until they desperately need to be made so you have to do 'em when you're sick of thinking about them? Where you have to pretend to be in a pleasant mood while talking to total strangers? I guess I should give myself more credit for having checked those off my list.

Anyway, Wednesday is another day. It better be a good one because on Thursday my 14-year-old great-niece Grace comes over—not just to sort clippings, but to have dinner and play with art supplies afterwards. She's going to be a freshman in high school this fall. I like her so much I want to pick her up from school once a week and have her eat with Bob & me and then do homework in my collage studio. I ran the idea by her mother during the weekend at the farm, and she liked it a lot. I did that a long time ago for my niece Margaret, the one who has an 8-year-old son and lives nearby, and it worked out pretty well. I think Bob and I might have a lot to teach Grace, especially since she's going to take Latin and be a science nerd. =smile=

Sorry I'm not more cheerful. Thanks for the nice comments about my silly nudibranch collage. I'm thinking about each and every one of you.

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-15-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #77  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

My alarm went off at 8:00 AM but I slept for 10 mins after it went off so then I got up at 8:10 AM and got ready to go to school. Got to school around 9:00 AM and I dont have anything to do until 10:30 AM, I have a training at 10:30 AM and then at 11:30 AM I have a meeting and then I have a meeting at 1:00 PM and another one at 2:00 PM and then at 3:00 PM I'll go back home but while I was still at home I took my pills and gave Clyde fresh food and I let him outside. My only plans for today are the same plans I have every day which is to do my 2 mile walk work out dvd tonight. If I have places to go in the morning I dont work out but I make sure I still work out in the evening even if I dont work out in the morning so I wont work out in the morning until Friday but like I said I'll still do my evening work out.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. Just a short note this morning (Ubee, stop laughing!) as I've got to get to the gym and back home in a reasonable time frame as my nephew is coming down to pick up the RV.

Terra Sounds like you've got a lot going on at school and are keeping busy, busy, busy.
Fi Hope the crappy day ended at midnight last night (if not sooner) and today you're back to BERPing. The idea about having your great niece there one day a week sounds great -- special memories being created for both of you. I think Ubee is on to something with her BERP Be Gone pill idea -- we can call it BERPO kind of like BEANO only for projects instead of gas.
Sam You are just really rocking your whole approach to weight loss and getting healthy. And coming home to a prepared meal -- what a treat.
Ubee Nothing special with the boys. Grandpa will probably take them fishing which will involve 3 hours of getting ready and unpacking and about 20 minutes of actually being on the water before they're bored. It's hot here so I'll get out the Slip and Slide and their pool. Their uncle is coming out. I have to be a docent for the Co-op Garden Tour because in spite of telling them 4 weeks ago that I had to back out, they haven't found anyone. That translates into no one bothered. Definitely the end of things for me with the Co-op. Hope your computer is done acting out.
Silent Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you've got the flu or some sinus infection.

Off to the gym and then I need to get some stuff done in the RV so that my nephew can borrow it for the weekend. Tomorrow I'll do grocery shopping and poop patrol in the side yard since the boys play out there. Ick!!! On that happy and disgusting note, hope everyone has a good day!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Afternoon!
Betsy I love how you know I am going to be laughing at you! Sounds like you are doing a great job setting boundries with the co-op. Yes, that was sarcasm.
Terra I am glad you are having such a busy day. Did you do any cooking?
Fi I am sorry you are going through so much. Sharing your depression experience has been so helpful in understanding what a friend is going through.
I hope everything goes well with Grace. It sounds like it is developing into a great relationship.
Sam sorry still no picture. My computer sure is messed up. Anyhow keep up the good work! LOVE your energy! Chest bump!
So my life is just moving along. Nothing to report, just like Silent...
Old 07-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #80  
rockin' my 60s!

Definitely having a better day, although I can't say the same for Bob. He went out last night and bought boots & other necessary gear for the work he does at the farm, because he wants to go up there alone for a week. But he desperately needs to get his Land Cruiser emission-inspected so it will be legal to drive, and he's going nowhere fast on that project. He says I'm making it harder for him to do it by pestering him about needing to buy a new futon for the couch where I spend the bulk of my time, but I haven't breathed a word about that since last night. Oh well.

The important thing for today, in order to get ready for Grace coming over tomorrow, is to get my mood and my diet (they're linked, of course) on more of an even keel. So I've been working slowly on the BERP, trying to make sure I don't overexert myself and get depressed. So far, so good. I went through a bunch of old mail and consolidated it into just the people I really want to respond to. 'Couldn't resist writing a few postcards and one card while I was at it. There's been a huge tangle of stuff that needs to be dealt with all over the living room rug, and I reduced its size quite a bit today. I'm planning to make a display of some (lots) of the more aesthetically appealing handmade postcards I've received over the years, on the wall in the downstairs corridor. That will have the desirable result of getting "rid" of yet one more box of stuff I have to find a place for.

I'm pleased by the reactions to my nudibranchs collage, especially in that two people whose judgment I trust think the written frame around it is a good touch. I've been struggling for some time with the problem of what to do with the text I've been putting in descriptions under the Flickr scans, because I feel strongly that it's important to give credit for the sources of my images. A few weeks ago it just dawned on me: if I break out of the narrow postcard format and make my collages a little larger, I can hand-write those credits right on the collage—yay! I think it's something worth continuing.

I'm still too overwhelmed by the BERP to do much in the way of personals, but please know I'm thinking of y'all and cheering you on. I've been chuckling over the notions Ubee and Betsy have elaborated for BERP-Be-Gone and BERP-O. I'm sure when the day comes that you don't see the word "BERP" in my postings anymore, y'all will all heave a huge sigh of relief. Kitten pictures are so much more appealing! =laugh=

Last edited by Fiona W; 07-16-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #81  
Moving one day at a time

S/C/G: 450/399/160

Height: 5'2"

Nice to see so many familiar faces still here! I dropped off the face of the planet for almost an entire year. Not sure if anyone really remembers me, but I'm back on the bandwagon as far as calorie counting goes. I tried keto (low carb, highish fat, medium protein) for a month and a half and it was just too expensive so I decided that calorie counting will be my thing. In the past year I've moved and started working while going to school, things got so hectic at home while I was living with my mother-in-law that I completely fell off and gained back over 20lbs of what I initially lost. Now it's time to buckle down! No exercise really for me until I lose some ***. Anyway, how's everyone doing?!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #82  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ Yeah I was very busy today at school, Im was really tired by the time I got home today

Ubee ~ Yeah I love staying busy. Nope I didnt do any cooking today but I will cook tomorrow

Wheezypi ~ Welcome back to the thread
Old 07-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #83  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies..
Ohmygosh I wish my husband would go back to work. It's just harder with him here. I eat more, I can't do my routine because this is his computer so he's always waiting for me to get off of it. He's sleeping right now so I'm sneaking on. I have gained 3 pounds that I'm not proud of. What sucks is we are not even eating out because were trying to save money so not sure what's up there. I'm really hurting these past few days. I wish my body would not hurt so much. I found myself crying in the shower today because I couldn't reach my down to my feet to wash them because my back was hurting so much. Every time I go to the Dr for my back (and it's been years) they tell me it's weight related. I know it's weight related, but gosh I've been overweight a long time and my back just started hurting 3 or so years ago. I think I might really have something wrong so I'm going to chose another dr. and obviously get it together and lose some weight. When I get over 305 the pain gets so much worse. 20 pounds would really make a difference in my life right now.

Well, I will get more personal when my husband is not around and I can sit and read everything. I hope everyone is ok. See you soon.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #84  

Hallelujah!!!! It has cooled off and is supposed to be in the 70s where it's supposed to be during summer in the Northwest. I've spent so much time in the shower getting all the icky salt residue off of me that I'm turning into a prune. OK, might be TMI.

Ubee After this weekend, I am setting boundaries I can live with regarding the Co-op.......told them I would not be doing any volunteer work any more. I give this approximately 4 weeks before the next emergency occurs and I cave. Hope your computer gets fixed soon. Love them and hate them simultaneously.
Fi Hey, you're back to BERPing (sounds like the after effects of a spicy meal!). I like the idea of creating decorations out of some of your favorite cards as I imagine a lot of work went into all of them. And I missed the credits around the edge -- loved the collage, just missed that. Great idea. We should have a race as to who can get their ridiculously large project finished first. OK, you win.......I don't think I'll ever finish on getting this yard whipped into shape!
Wheezypi Yes, I remember you and am glad that you're back. Sounds like you've had a lot going on, and you're in good company as I'm trying to get back on the losing band wagon after having spent a year "maintaining" my weight. That means that I've allowed myself to yo-yo back and forth on the same 20 pounds. Glad you're back with us.
Terra What are you going to fix today? That fix is referring to what are you going to cook?

My nephew came for a whirlwind visit yesterday with the grands and their puppy to pick up my RV for the weekend. The younger one always runs to me and then declares that he's never been here before. Of course, he immediately goes to his favorite toys and knows where to find the Tootsie Roll Pops, etc., but he's convinced he's never been here before. My other nephew is coming out this weekend to help with the boys as I have to be a docent for this stupid garden tour......and it's supposed to rain. I know I'm going to be in a bad mood when I get home. Guess it will definitely be a crock pot meal both nights! Off to the gym, Costco, the grocery store and then home to do poop patrol and update a web site I'm supporting for the Lions' Club. Have a great day!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #85  
Turning Into A New Woman

Betsy ~ We had chicken wraps, Just incase there wasnt enough chicken to go around there was also ham and you could add cheese,lettuce,tomatoes,salsa and sour cream and as sides we had fresh pears and nacho cheese Doritos and cookies but I only had 1 wrap and 1/2 cup of the nacho cheese Doritos.

I woke up at 7:00 AM so I decided to get up at that time even though I had an hour left to sleep,My alarm wasnt gonna go off for another hour but oh well anyway I got up and got ready for school and after I got ready I let Clyde outside and took my pills and gave Clyde fresh food and I ate breakfast, Now its almost time for me to watch for my bus, Im going to school for cooking class and peer support today, Im also going to school an hour early today so I can get help with a job application. My other plans for today is to get my 2 mile walk in this evening and thats it, Maybe I'll do a little sewing tonight too.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Evening!
Betsy I really hope the Lions won't be as annoying as the co-op. Your icky hot weather is headed my way. Thanks a lot!
Hang in there Angie. Do the best you can and know we are here for you!
Terra are you working on your quilt at school?
Wheezy welcome back! It is so good to hear from you.
Fi I just got one of those cartoon emails and one of them showed a doctor saying "Ladies you only need to tell your husbands to do someting once, they will get it done. You do not need to keep reminding them every six months." I for one enjoy hearing about your BERP and kitties!
Hi Sugar, Silent and all!
I know my life is boring but I am excited to report that I bought new curtains today! That was the good news. The bad news is I need a new chair because one does not match the new curtains. Oh well maybe next year.
As for my Way Of Eating I am trying not to stress and just make it the way it is going to be and stop obsessing.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #87  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Nope I only work on my quilt at home
Old 07-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone....
Checking in....tired as all get out. Went to the gym today again with my friend. We kicked major butt!

Too tired for personals but hope everyone is well!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #89  
rockin' my 60s!

Well, my great-niece Grace rescheduled for Friday because she had a conflict with a swim team event, so I spent the day doing fun stuff: preparing a series of postcards I'll be sending out one a day to a dear friend in Australia, and working on a cat collage I'm making as a present for my breeder.

Then in the evening Bob and I went and picked up the long-overdue replacement for the futon I live on every day. We had to wrangle the new futon into his Land Cruiser, wrangle it into the house and out of its plastic wrapping, then wrangle the cover off the old dead futon, then...oh, I won't bore you anymore: the upshot of all that wrangling is that I am sore! I tried to do my leg exercises, and it was just a joke. Even my toes are sore. I sure do miss having a 25-yr-old body that used to view such chores as a piece of cake.

So it's an early night for me. Muesli, a bit of reading, then blotto...I hope y'all had a good day. =smile=
Old 07-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #90  

Good morning all. Just a few notes before I do a quick vacuuming (I live in eternal hope that Toby will one day not bring in half the yard with him) before I go meet my niece to pick up the grands and the puppy for the weekend.

Terra Love the idea of the chicken wraps. With a 7 and 3 year old to fix meals for, I bet they would love to be able to "fix their own meal" with a wrap. Now, if you have any hints for how to keep 50% of it off the floor, that would be appreciated, too. Oh well, I'll have 3 dogs in the house this weekend so I imagine all food scraps will be instantly cleaned up.
Ubee You're ahead of me......I keep thinking about doing some redecorating, but that's as far as I get. Do you like the curtains? If the chair is in good shape, could you just get it reupholstered? Not obsessing over food plan is something I'm working on, too. Trying very hard to get into a portion control mind set and accept that to some degree it's not what I eat, but how much. Working on selections, too. Man, changing life long habits is HARD!
Sam You must have kicked some serious butt because you have more energy than any three people I know.
Fi Yes, our aging bodies do have a sense of humor and I'm convinced that there's a piece of mine that laughs each time I try to do something that I could easily do in my 20s. Glad you got your futon project completed. From the sound of it, you did get your exercise in, just not in the normal method.

My nephew has called 3 times with RV questions......they use it every year, but don't use it often enough to remember how some of the things work. Plus, I think he worries about things getting broken while they're using it. He and the boys slept in the RV last night while they are in line in a gravel parking lot to claim their space today for the big soccer tournament this weekend (nephew is playing). The boys were excited. My niece and I think he's nuts. My blueberry bushes are begin to produce berries, so the boys will help me with picking this weekend. I should end up with about 3 berries between them eating them as they pick and wanting to take them home. They both love them and since I planted the bushes for them, seems only fair. Other than that, just have the dumb garden tour this weekend so I'm going to be tied up with stuff that I don't want to do. Ggggrrrr. I know I get myself into these messes and that just makes it worse. OK, need to get my act together and get the vacuuming done, me cleaned up and go pick up the boys. Have a great weekend -- probably won't post again until Monday or Tuesday.
Closed Thread