3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread: July, 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/297442-300-chat-thread-july-2014-a.html)

Terra1984 07-04-2014 12:43 PM

Ubee ~ Yeah I agree cooking classes are better when you know how to cook, My walking is going good, Clyde is deaf so he wont be able to hear the fire works

I didnt get my morning walk in today cause my alarm didnt go off cause it was turned off, Im not sure how it got turned off but I'll be sure to walk tomorrow morning and I'll be sure to walk tonight as well. I need to clean the bathroom and dust the computer desk area and everything on the computer desk.

silentarctic 07-04-2014 12:56 PM

Terra- I think it would be fun to do cooking classes. I just pick up "inspiration" ocasionally from the internet. Probably more fun with other people around.

Ubee - Awesome Hubby NSV. Glad you are reenergized by this.

sassy - You can do this. Don't worry so much about the excercise , focus more about your eating you can totally do this. You'll be able to excercise more once you aren't carrying around as much weight i'm sure. Weigh loss is mostly based on diet anyhow. :) I'm fairly active and was, even at 320lbs... jsut proof perfect that active living doesn't really make you lose weight unless you accompany it with diet. What you eat is the key, :)

I'm alive, just busy, and having a hard time getting into weight loss mode, totally ate way too much yesterday for supper. Sorry ya'll I'm not super great company afew times I've started to tpe out stuff and then never it post... just not feeling the screen time these days either.

Sorry Ubee the mojo transfer failed at my end. I'm stalled out int he 290's it seems better than being stalled out in the 300's though right. ?

Life is unintersting sorry, its up to the rest of you to keep Ubee and betsy entertained with your awesome stories! LOL. This was my week.

Monday : Made Super for a BFF it was her birthday
Tuesday : Canada Day, helped with a community BBQ, and then kept a friend company while she unpacked.

Wednesday: worked out, then went tos ame friends while she unpacked went home early.
Thursday: Went home, didn't work out, was completely lazy did NOTHING, went nowhere, just ate :P
Tonight: Same plan.... maybe minus the excessive eating I hope. MAYBE go to the gym for a half-hearted workout. I am tired and just want to SLEEP this weekend.

Ubee 07-04-2014 06:22 PM

Glad to see the thread more alive. I am on here again because I really want to celebrate the 4th and we all know how...
Silent I think it is A O K that you are hanging out in the 290's. Under 300 is a good place for now. I've been hanging out where I am for a year but I made a committment and I won't give up. No pressure on the fun. Just glad to have you popping in! Besides my mind is scheming with all these Mr. No Sparks that is "visiting" Betsy.
Terra today is one day where it is a good thing Clyde is deaf. Will you be going to fireworks?
Sam almost sounds like you and hubby are having a second honeymoon period! I vote cutting up your bison burger and putting it on a bed of lettuce with your toppings, that is how I have mine. So yummy!
Angie come on girlfriend you can do this. So glad you came back to us! Start chatting everyday. It becomes addictive and you know you do so much better when you hang out here. Some of us are struggling with also but quitting is not an option. Trust me I tried. A few days off and I was lost. I do not want to give up.

Ubee 07-05-2014 10:12 AM

Good Morning!
Working on moving our firewood pile today. It is a reminder that when you start out with a big job ahead of you just keep working at it. It is like weight loss, sometimes you notice the progress and sometimes you get caught up in how much I have left to do.
Have a good day!

Terra1984 07-05-2014 12:26 PM

Silent ~ Yeah it is better to cook with people

Ubee ~ Yeah on the 4th of July and for the few days fire works are going off it is good that Clyde cant hear cause if he could he would be really scared, When he could ear he got scared of the fire works and he would get scared from thunder from thunder storms too. Scott and I can watch fire works from our drive way so we dont have to go anywhere. I dont know if this is how is it every where else but here in Kansas you can set off fire works a week before the 4th and on the 5th but not after the 5th.

sassyangies 07-05-2014 01:42 PM

Hi ladies.. Ubee and silent thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate that. Day 2 of being focused and On Plan. When I say on plan I just mean that I'm in the game eating what I need to eat and staying around 1500 calories. Yesterday I took fruit to work and had a snack in between each meal which I didn't do before and it seems to be helping. Knowing that the snack was coming was really helpful. TOM is here so I know I probably am not going to see much weight come off the first week, but I'm ok with that. I just want to get back into the swing of things and get this thing going.
Ubee I definitely need to think like you and think that quitting is NOT an option. I honestly need to do this and keep at it. I was telling my husband I'm too young to be in this much pain and to be stressing all the time about my health and weight.
I hope everyone had a great 4th and I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I work Fri Sat and Sundays so I'm going to be super lazy before work today. I didn't get home until 2am last night and my husband took my son out for the day so it's just me. I'm going to sit on the computer for awhile, then watch a movie.

Ubee 07-05-2014 02:39 PM

Terra I am sure we have some kind of law around here BUT I am sure not everyone follows it. That is so nice you can watch the fireworks from your driveway. I used to love fireworks but now that we have a daughter with autism fireworks are a nightmare. How are the walks?
Angie glad to see you back for day 2! When I saw your post I let myself get confused with not quitting meaning always on plan. Funny how we are so quick to beat ourselves up. Did you enjoy a good movie?

As for my firewood pile, once again like weight loss. Just when I get into it something distracts me. The important thing is for the pile to not grow larger while I am distracted. Know what I mean?

silentarctic 07-05-2014 03:39 PM

Still a dull girl, was sleepy an played radio bingo last night. I had the best intentions today to clean but it hasn't happened so much. So easily distracted by shiney things like guitars, and smartphones (I have a "Minion Rush" addiction problem it seems). I did get a little bit done I mostly just shifted clutter from one place to another alas. I never seem to make real progress...

Ubee - You and your overactive imagination, I swear lol. Hope you make progress on the firewood pile I feel like that's my housework. It doesn't really look cleaner than when started this am (however my own fault I took lots of breaks).

hope you all had fab 4th of july's sorry almost forgot its a celebration for you folks! :)

SamIAm86 07-05-2014 10:10 PM

Quick check in...Just got back from my afternoon at the beach...We almost thought it wasn't going to happen because the park was so full we had to go to another one about 15 miles away. We ended up eating a grass fed beef burger instead of the bison to save a little money but man was it so lean!! It was well worth the wait. I did end up eating it on a bun but only could eat about half the bun so I guess that's ok. We ended up walking about 3 miles afterwards so hopefully I burned what I ate and still have a good weigh in this week. I haven't been doing the HIIT cardio as much since DH has been wanting to go on walks and hiking but I'm still getting my weight training in so I hope that helps. I may need to work in the HIIT on days I weight train too even if its just a quick 20 minutes then weight train. I really think that has been a huge help in my weight loss.

Anyway, tomorrow would normally be my rest day but I'm going to work on abs since I'm too tired to work on them tonight after all that walking. So this week will be 6 days working out! Woot woot!!!

Night all!!

OregonGal1964 07-05-2014 10:51 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Jima, I'm 49 years old, am 5'3 and weigh a whopping 330 lbs. I have a really bad back, so have gotten really sedentary the last couple years...problem is, i didnt give up any of my soda (12 pk a day) so the weight has really piled on. My plan is to only have one can of soda every two to three days, and walk as much as i can... i logged my food in another site for a few days, and even eating more than i usually do, but without the soda, i was still under the cals i should eat for the day...so i'm sure giving up that much soda and walking will slowly but surely win the race:)
Another problem is that most of the things i enjoy mean sitting for long periods..ie crochet, sewing, pc gaming. So i have made a rule for myself that i cant do any of those things till i have the walking done for the day...is a lil more incentive to get off my rear end.
I'm not doing a specific diet, just cals in vs cals out... that's why i am allowing myself a soda ever few days... i love it, and don't want to have to completely give it up.... just cut wayyyy down and work it into my cals...on my soda days i won't have it till i have worked off an extra 170 for the day ...then i will feel better about having it;)
i'm looking forward to getting to know you all...hope you are all having a good day.

sassyangies 07-06-2014 12:10 PM

Hi Jima,
Welcome. Looks like your off to a good start. That soda will get ya ever time ya know. I used to be addicted to Diet coke. Oh my I had to have my diet coke every day. I've recently quit so I know exactly what your going through. Keep it up. You will win that race!!

Sam sounds like you had a good time. I wish I lived near a beach. I love going in the water. It's awesome that you got so much working out in and that your husband is right there with ya.. Good for you!

Ubee I started to and then my Dad called because his 90 year old neighbor needed to go to the store and she as afraid to drive her self. My dad doesn't drive so he called me. So I ended up coming home and just taking a nap before work instead. Good luck on that firewood pile.

Silent I absolutely hate house work and never really get any done. I usually will invite people over because I know that I will get this sense of urgency and start cleaning an hour or two before they get there and it gets done.. hehe..

I'm happy to say I'm at day 3 and still filling ok and still OP. These shakes I'm making with the slimfast powder and fruit are really helping me stay full longer or at least I don't feel like snacking at all day. I just need to start eating more veggies.
Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

SamIAm86 07-06-2014 12:47 PM

Happy Sunday everyone!

I slept in wayyy late today. Just got up about 20 minutes ago hhaha!! Happy to report I lost the 2 lbs I had gained the previous week as well as an additional 2 lbs so that's a total of 4 lbs this week!! I'm getting closer to 70 lbs lost. Probably won't be at my 6 month weigh in but I'm ok with that. I'm still working hard and getting close to my overall goal.

No personals today. I have to get ready to do some chores. Have a great day everyone!

Ubee 07-06-2014 07:21 PM

Busy day but I had to stop in and say "Hi" to my friends!
Sam I slept in until 6:30 and thought I was in heaven! I say keep on working out with hubby, that is one plan that you will not get bored with.
Angie good for you on day 3! One bite at a time, one day at a time. I am there with you on the housework. Nasty stuff. Floors are my biggest down fall.
Welcome Jima! I understand about the soda. I just started again with my cappacinos after a year and a half break. I don't want to give them up but I need to find a balance and that is hard. I am also very sedetary but I'm working on it and I need to keep reminding myself to move. Love your avatar.
Silent my wood pile is moving so slow. I am so out of shape. I am exhausted from just moving a little yesterday. This is going to take longer then I thought. I did have a social life today! I got to visit my friend I only see every few years.
The sugar monster is still taunting me and I am still giving in... EEEH! Someone make it stop! Yes, that someone has to be me. Need to put on my big girl pants!

Ubee 07-07-2014 09:36 AM

Good Morning!
Hungry today.
Be back to chat later.
How is everyone doing?

silentarctic 07-07-2014 11:55 AM

Sassy - Glad you were on plan. Good luck with getting more veggies in.

Sam: Way to go!

OregonGal: Your on the right track starting with giving up soda. It's one of those things that is basically not good for us in any form. I know I still drink too much of it, especially on weekends more than anything.

Ubee - At least the woodpile is giving you a forced workout? Hopefully your not too sore from that.

It's rainy and icky out today, btu the fiesty mosquitos still tried to get me on my way to work. I thought I was safe with the rain I guess it didn't cool down enough. I mean I was find so Its better than it was on the weekend but really. Wind where are you my friend... I can tolerate rain, cold, snow, but mosquitos tend to deter me from outdoor activities. Ours are hardcore you need more than just a breeze or some deet to keep them away. (seriously I've been drenched in repellant and still had clouds cluster around me. I must be that sweet ;) LOL.

Feeling off today still I think it was because I was stuck inside most of the weekend. I really wanted to get out and do something but the bugs made that not much of an option. Also just stressed. I might have a very long day at work. Which i should get back to!