Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning!

Been overwhelmed with activities and work the last several days, so I've slacked on posting. Sorry about that...

I've gotten in some good walks, and done OK moderating portions. Haven't been willing to step on the scale for the last week or so, however. I need to get back on the horse, but on the other hand, I'm not ready to see anything negative. With the sunshine and good weather, I've been really feeling good, and I'd like to keep that "vibe" going!

I've had my hazelnut coffee this morning, and its a bright, sunny day here in TN. Have a great day!

Dean
Old 05-14-2014, 10:12 AM   #107  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Betsy ~ Yeah LOL

Silent ~ Yup I am

Ubee ~ Yep I plan what Im going to eat before I go out, Most of the time you can find a menu for the place you want to eat at online.

I changed my S/C and My sig. to what the doctor's scale said yesterday, I could of swore my scale said I got down to 288 but maybe I was wrong, I have a habit of holding onto the wall when I first step on the scale so I dont fall and maybe I forgot to let go of the wall.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Dean nice to see you! I know what you mean about not wanting negative. It can be a trigger.
Terra keep on walking and counting your calories and your scale will eventually get to goal. You can do this!
Fi I like this collage best! Nothing like spooning to make the world go away... Love the WISCONSIN get together! I heard it is a beautiful state!
Sam I'm so glad life is better today. I admire you eating your own salad instead of going out. I used to do things like that when I was losing.
My thought for today is: I want to be thin BUT do I want to do what it takes to get thin and stay thin?
Have a peaceful day.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning everyone. It's another gorgeous day here -- why do I get so much more done when the weather is like this?!

Silent Glad to see you posting....what's going on with you these days?
Ubee So you're the cheap entertainment, huh. I prefer to think of it as offering a warm respite from the day's challenges. (Yes, it's a happy place here in Betsyville.) I could come to Wisconsin. I'll even bring my own accommodations. Wonderful memories of every summer spent on one of the lakes up by Hayward. On your thought for the day: Yes, you can.
Fi Glad that you're feeling better and smiled at Bob's care and spooning in taking care of you. Love the new collage! Making collages is a lot more fun than all the cutting, sorting, and filing work, isn't it. Glad the family analogy rang a bell -- having people in our lives whom we count as family even if we aren't related to them adds so much to our lives.
Dean Glad to see our favorite coffee guy back with us. Sounds like you're on a roll and stepping on the scale will happen when you're ready.
Terra My scale is 4 pounds lighter than the doctor's. It doesn't really matter which one you use to track your weight loss as long as you're consistent. Which one did you use to get your starting weight?
Sam Glad you're feeling better today. Sounds like you've got a great husband -- and glad that he's sharing the experience with you! Your family means well, but it's tough to deal with when a "compliment" comes out as a negative.

Meals are all mapped out for today, first load of laundry is in the washer, headed off for the gym, and then more yard work. I've got a lot of catching up to do in the yard work arena!
Old 05-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #110  
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

Dear everyone...

google Riva del Garda;-)
Tomorrow we'll go to Verona to give my shakespearian soul a deep touch.

The food is not very tempting, I'm a little bit disappointed, expected lots of Mediterranean healthy food...but we don't find it.
Glad we rented a flat and do our own cooking.

But everything else is overwhelmingly beautiful and we walk and talk and smile a lot.

I'm sad about my weight at the moment so today...quite depressed for letting that happen.
I'd love to go mountainbiking or surfing. i don't even fit i to italian us sizes..

but i try to just go on...day by day...

hope you do the same with me
Old 05-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #111  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Howdy folks! I'm checkin' in briefly before my evening session of clipping magazines...I had a good day, it's just that my primo morning time was consumed by going way across town to see my shrink. He's cool with my waiting to withdraw from that one medication until later in the year...he's always cool with what I want to do.

Now if we could just get our Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage sorted out so I don't have to pay full price for my meds—but that's a long story. Suffice it to say that the federal bureaucracy is unbelievable Kafkaesque. "You can't get there from here," was the constant refrain I heard after half a day of fruitless phone calls. =sigh= Oh well, it's just money...money never gets me down.

I hope y'all are havin' a good evening...oh! I almost forgot: I have an NSV (non-scale victory) to report. Last night I got up from a sound sleep to go to the bathroom, and somehow managed to trip on the bedclothes and fell to my knees on the soft rug. I blinked for a second—didn't hurt myself, of course—then I tipped forward a little, lifted one foot and planted it on the rug. Then I just used that thigh muscle, and was standing up again. What a piece of cake! I went through a long period where falling down like that was a major event, because I was so heavy, it was really hard to get back up without assistance. I think y'all know what I'm talking about! But now, between my leg exercises and weighing around 70 pounds less, getting up off the floor is just not an issue. Yay!! I'm so pleased with that.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #112  
Turning Into A New Woman

Ubee ~ Thanks for the encouragement

Betsy ~ I found out about my starting weight at the doctor's office
Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #113  

Good Evening! I joined this forum at the end of March with intentions on becoming active and getting on track with a new healthy lifestyle. April was a tough month for me and I ended up putting myself on the back burner once again while I dealt with some family drama and work stress. I've been reading through the May chat and feel like I am getting to know every one a little.
As for me, I am sitting here writing this and can see my elliptical in the background above my screen. Oh do I hate that thing, but I know I am most successful when I am using it. My knees are terrible so we bought the elliptical for the low impact. Every couple weeks I recommit to using it. These days I am only doing 10 minutes at a time because my back and knees really start hurting around that point. My plan is to add 5 minutes each week.
My eating plan is going okay. I am in a routine with a bagel thin with a little bit of mustard and turkey breast as my breakfast. I've introduced a lot more fresh produce into my lunchtime routine too. In my first month I am only down 6lbs, but in all honesty, I was really only focused for about a week during that time.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi That is my FAVORITE collage you've done yet!!! Star Wars is one of my favorites!! AWESOME JOB on the NSV!! I'm clumsy so I definitely know how it feels about the falling hehehe...

Ubee Thanks love...It feels good to be out of my funk...I do like your thought for the day...I have those thoughts often...but I know how bad I want it so I just keep pushing through.

[/B]Betsy[/B] You're right. They are more of a you should be happy I even gave you a compliment kind of family lol....Sounds like you are a busy bee again! Hope that is helping with the scale!

Dean Seems like things have been busy for you. Glad to see you posting! Coffee sounds amazing as always!

This is just a quick post this morning as I eat my oatmeal with berries and sip coffee at work. Time got the best of me yesterday with the shopping for groceries and I forgot to post so I am making up for it this morning. Yesterday was pay day so I got a bunch of stuff done on my rest day. Tuesday night I ended up walking with my friend around the market common here for about 2 miles after I had already did HIIT for 45 minutes, so I got a real good work out for that day. Tonight I'm going to do some cardio and work on abs!!

I'll post later tonight as well! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #115  
Turning Into A New Woman

Arubalover14 ~ Welcome to the thread, We look forward to learning more about you.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning!
Terra it is raining today so I may have to go on the treadmill. How is it by you?
Sam I too stock up on healthy foods on payday. You are really pushing through on your exercise. Good job!
Welcome Aruba! your stove has two burners. One of them is for only you!
Fi LOVE the NSV! Mind if I ask what you ended up sending Robine for her birthday?
Sugar let's be done being sad about our weight and excited about our future! Next year you will be so much thinner when you go on vacation!
Betsy seriously take your rain back! I now need sheep for my grass. Yes, I too get so much more done when the weather is perfect. Notice the perfect. Need to get things done especially weightloss when life isn't perfect.

My husband commented yesterday about how eating out isn't as enjoyable anymore. We think it is because life is more enjoyable and we no longer need food as that reward/hapiness. Hope we are right.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning. Another gorgeous day here -- love these stretches of great weather both because I get a lot done and because it's just beautiful to look at Mt. Rainier and the surrounding territory. Puts me in a positive frame of mind.

Terra Sounds like using the doctor's scale for tracking weight loss is the way to go. Or use yours at home, but just know what the difference is between the two.
Sam Good for you with walking AFTER doing a workout. Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday.
Arubalover Welcome back! I, too, hate the elliptical, but know that I get a good cardio workout on it. I might suggest adding a minute each week instead of five and building up your endurance a little more gradually -- especially if you're having pain in your knees and back.
Fi Congrats on the NSV with getting up easily. That's one of the many, many things I'm looking forward to.
Sugar Sorry you're a little blue, but right thought about just going on day by day. Continue enjoying the beauty around you while you're on holiday. Maybe setting being able to mountain bike and surf as goals will help you with the weight loss journey.

The yard work plus going to the gym plus eating on plan paid off yesterday as I was down 3 pounds this morning. The yard work was really strenuous -- probably lifted and moved a couple of tons (seriously, each bag of mulch was 2 cubic feet and was wet which added to the weight) yesterday. Off to lunch with a girlfriend today -- think I will have a somewhat off work day, but want to make sure I stay on plan eating wise. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:07 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Afternoon Everyone!

Posting a second time today since I missed out yesterday

Just finished a quick work out. I focused on abs today...didn't do any cardio. Just a 30 minute workout but if all you're doing is working out your abs, 30 minutes is plenty I think. I am sitting at the table feeling the burn!!

DH wanted a sub for dinner tonight so I picked him up one since I work right next to a Subway. I don't know what I want to eat...will probably do my stand by egg bowl because it's quick and easy and good if it's just one person. Last night I wasn't hungry so I didn't eat dinner. I think that is a first for me in a LOONNNGGG time. I drank a cup of coconut/almond milk and called it a night. I was over my neighbors apartment for a good while after I got home from grocery shopping yesterday and didn't have much of an appetite. Pretty sure my body is going through some change I never have before. Pretty much this whole week I haven't had much of an appetite. Well, not like how I would usually. I am still eating, but I'm actually stopping when I feel full instead of clearing my plate if I made too much food. I don't really know how to explain it since I've never really felt like this before...I guess my mind and body are now in synch and it's kinda weird...I've always had this finish what's on your plate mentality since I was a child since it was drilled into me, so this is different for me, but I am really liking it. I don't feel like I'm starving myself, I just don't eat if I'm not real hungry, or I'll eat something small. Maybe my portion control is paying off in a big way now? I don't know lol..I'll stop the blabbing haha

Ubee I am learning whether I like it or not, exercise plays a huge role in weight loss so I am trying really hard to make sure I do it. I am happy that I've worked up to doing a minimum of 4 days a week. But I try really hard to do 5.

I am pushing HARD this week! After Monday being such a blah day for me, and having a little breakdown (I still stayed OP), I realized that I am worth the hard work, and even if I struggle, this is my journey and no one else's. No one can do it for me, I have to do it myself if I really want it, and I do. So I am striving for 100% POP week and exercise week. Not that I have been off plan really, but I was not watching my carbs as much as I should have and was allowing myself to eat them, which I know for me is going to make it harder. I am really hoping that for my 4 month weigh in I make it to a 50 lb loss. I only have 5 lbs to lose, but with the past couple weeks being 1-3 lb losses I may not make it. If I don't, it's still ok, but would be super cool and make me happy.

Well I think I'm going to hop off here and make some dinner and then get on Pinterest to look up different stuff. I love that site and haven't devoted much internet time for myself lately since I've been trying to be busy with other things. I hope everyone has a great night!! One love!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #119  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, I hit the wall on clipping magazines last night. I still have stacks & stacks to go, but I can't do it any more, not for a while. My eyes are shot and my scissors arm, too.

So I spent part of the morning on the phone organizing to have about 1500 books picked up by a cool organization that distributes them to various disadvantaged populations: schools, prisons, etc. They were excited when they heard that about 1200 of mine are brand-new, mint condition, never been read. They're left-over review copies from my days as a book reviewer. They plan to bring an extra-large truck for my collection, and what is really wonderful: they provide the boxes and the labor! All I'll have to do is point my finger at the piles and say, "There they are." It will be amazing to have the full width of our upstairs hallway available again, instead of one whole side of it being lined with books two layers deep!

And I did other things, too, like planning for what goes where after this happens and that happens. I'm especially looking forward to moving my whole postcard collection upstairs into a bookcase in my collage room which will become free after Bob helps me box up those books for storage in the basement. My postcards outgrew the tiny bookcase they've been in about two years ago, and they've completely overflowed into a passageway that I need to use a lot to make further progress on the BERP. Postcards are raw material for collage, so they belong upstairs with my boxes of clippings and other hoarded paper.

And I'm going to recruit my niece Margaret to help me box up more books in my collage room for storage when she comes over on Sunday. And then there are even more books down in the living room floor-to-ceiling built-in shelves that Bob made which need to come down, be sorted, and mostly go into storage. The freed-up shelves in the living room will enable me to move a huge pile of miscellaneous books I've acquired since our shelf space hit capacity out of the corridor between the front door and the kitchen! (Yes, I read a lot of Kindle books on my iPad, but not everything is available in Kindle form, especially the older literary & cultural criticism that is the bread & butter of my reading/thinking/writing life.)

I'll stop at that, because if I went on, y'all would become exhausted just reading about it. =laugh= I sent a funny postcard with a cat on it to my breeder today, and I plan to send more at a rate of about one a week. Oscar and Nénu are on my mind every waking minute, and I won't be surprised when (not if) little leggy orange fur-balls start showing up in my dreams...

I'm wishing you all the best for your eating & exercise decisions, my wonderful weight-loss family!
Old 05-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #120  
Foreign User with Heart

S/C/G: 323/see ticker/165

Height: 1,72m

Thanks for all your support...it would be a lot harder without you.
I'm just afraid that I'll fail again-like every time before.
I try not to think about it...but there seem to be mirrors everywhere anx all this small Italian women and all this sportive tourists. I wish I were one of them...tourist...not Italian..gg...

I fell in love with a bike today but unfortunately can neither afford it nor take home with me...
but that's a better reason to come back here in 2-3 years than the great gelati;-)
and for the meet and great although I think we'll end up sw in the States for that...

Now I'll just look around some olive fields and enjoy the sun and the wind.

Have a great day...
Closed Thread