3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   10 Days In The Life Boat #90 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/295318-10-days-life-boat-90-a.html)

j-ann 04-29-2014 06:58 AM

10 Days In The Life Boat #90

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to stay dry in the boat and not fall out.

j-ann 04-29-2014 07:02 AM

I've got to work on this one again:

My goal this leg is to ask myself "Is this worth it?" and answer truthfully, every time, before I put stuff in my mouth that is not part of my food plan for the day.

Ubee 04-29-2014 10:52 AM

Whew Judy I thought when you asked "Is this worth it?" that you were taking about the effort we put into losing weight! Thanks for starting a new thread.
My goal will once again be to get all my water in. When I do that everything works much better.

StephanieAZ 04-29-2014 01:10 PM

Okay, I am going to work on getting my servings of fruits & veg, dairy and water in because I haven't been doing very well with that.

StephanieAZ 04-30-2014 03:16 AM

I'm gonna declare today dry, although the day wasn't 100% perfect.

Water: 67% (can still work on this as I'll be up for a while)
Dairy: 100%
Fruit & vege: 100%

Big improvement over recent days, so I'm okay with it.

Hope everyone had a good/DRY day. :)

j-ann 04-30-2014 08:16 AM

Wet again. :(

Ubee 04-30-2014 11:27 AM

Dry.
Dry off Judy and get in the boat. I need help rowing.
Good job Stephanie!

StephanieAZ 05-01-2014 02:21 AM

*hands Judy a towel*

We can do this!

Today was dry for me, even though I got a REALLY late start (zzz).

Water: 100% (!!! finishing the last of it as I type this, but DONE)

Woohoo! A bit irritated that WW tracker is down for maintenance because I really want to plan for tomorrow before bed, but that's life.

Ubee 05-01-2014 10:15 AM

Good job Stephanie!
Got splashed but stayed in the boat.
It was after lunch before I realized I hadn't started my water. As usual no water meant too much food.

j-ann 05-01-2014 11:30 AM

So far so good today. Went to WW. Stayed for meeting. That should help.

Steph and Ubee, tie me to my seat ..... PLEASE!

Ubee 05-01-2014 11:57 AM

Judy no way we are going to let you back in the water.
Staying for the meeting was a good move. We need all the support we can get!

StephanieAZ 05-02-2014 01:12 AM

*gets out the duct tape for Judy* :D

Great job staying at the meeting. I will admit that I haven't stayed at the meetings for 3 weeks now, but I am switching to a new time tomorrow and will be staying!!

Way to go Ubee for staying in the boat.

I stayed dry today. Finishing up my water as I type again, but it will get done.

I've started dual tracking (WW and MFP) over the past couple of days and it's been very enlightening. It's okay for now and it's giving me more insight into what I am eating, but I am hoping it won't overwhelm me. If so, I will continue with WW and drop MFP as WW has been working for me so far.

Water: 100%

j-ann 05-02-2014 07:52 AM

Where the heck did that wave come from? :(
Oh well, meals planned today so I can go out to dinner and stay w/i my points.

Ubee 05-02-2014 10:33 AM

DRY???
Judy you can do this! Go to a meeting twice a day if you need to until you get back in the zone.
Stephanie good job!
Anyone see Angela or Jennifer? I miss them...

StephanieAZ 05-03-2014 12:48 AM

Today was not great. I went to the WW meeting this morning & weighed in with a 1.4 lb. loss. I have been weighing in on Mondays, but I think Fridays will work better for me.

Water was difficult today & I didn't get anywhere near what I wanted down.

Water: 33%
Dairy: 66%

I've got tomorrow planned out food-wise and we are taking a trip to Whole Foods, so I am excited about that because I have never been! :) I really struggle with fruits and veggies because I don't particularly care for fruit (strange, I know) and the veggies I like are very limited (broccoli & green beans are basically it for non-starchy vege). I am trying to broaden my horizons, but it's difficult. I have been an avid salad-hater since a child, so that's out. :( I have thought about trying to re-train myself to eat salads because it would be SO much easier, but I haven't put any plans into action yet. Scared!!

Ubee 05-03-2014 08:59 AM

Dry.
Nice loss Stephanie!
I used to hate salads until I tried different ones. Lettuce out. Greens in. Chicken, toasted almonds, craisins, blasamic vinegar with olive oil. Tastes totally different add berries, nuts, seeds all kinds of stuff give it a try.
I think there may be a thread in the main forum for the veggie challenged.

StephanieAZ 05-04-2014 02:01 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Ubee! I have looked at the veggie challenged thread before but may need a refresher. I am just going to have to take baby steps, I think.

Got splashed today, but not a total loss.

Water: 100% (finishing up now)
Dairy: 66%
Fruit & vege: 80%

On the plus side, I had accepted that I was NOT going to finish my water today, but I started getting the munchies about 20 minutes ago and decided to get a glass of ice water instead of reaching for food first. So I consider that a good NSV!

Hope everyone (where is everyone?? lol) had a good day. :)

Vortex_VVV 05-05-2014 09:34 AM

Get the duct tape back out. Wow. I really got wet.

First day of finals week. A good time to get back in the boat.

My goal for what remains of this leg is just to stay at or below 40 points per day and schedule exercise (and then do what I scheduled, of course).

Ubee 05-05-2014 10:27 AM

Wet weekend. No surprise there.
Good job Stephanie!
Glad to have you back Angela.
Has anyone seen Judy?

j-ann 05-05-2014 11:10 AM

i'm here. Dragging myself back in again. I'm getting good at out swimming that shark.

StephanieAZ 05-05-2014 01:47 PM

Woohoo! Welcome back Angela and Judy. Climb aboard and grab an oar. Let's keep at it. *hands Ubee a towel*

Got splashed a teeny tiny bit yesterday, but mostly dry.

Water: 83%

Food is planned & tracked for today and tomorrow too, so I just need to stay the course and get those waters in!!!

Let's do this! :)

StephanieAZ 05-06-2014 01:10 AM

Wet, unless I can pull off drinking... oh... 90% of my water before bed. :dizzy: I napped this afternoon and ended up sleeping longer than planned, but no excuses really!

Water: ugh

j-ann 05-06-2014 07:20 AM

Damp but in the boat! YAY!

Ubee 05-06-2014 09:25 AM

Dry.
Thanks for the towel Stephanie.
SO good to see you Judy.
Let's practice really hard and see if the next leg we will all be able to stay dry the whole 10 days.

Vortex_VVV 05-06-2014 12:32 PM

Wet again yesterday.

I got outside for my exercise, and was glad to see that I don't seem to have lost ground stamina-wise. It was hot but I kept my walking pace high and did one and a quarter mile in 33 minutes, which is a little faster than usual for me.

But eating was awful. I'm starting to get a handle on what's going on, I think. So, here's to a successful day today.

Vortex_VVV 05-07-2014 02:28 PM

Damp yesterday, but drying out.

Ubee 05-07-2014 05:40 PM

Dry yesterday.

StephanieAZ 05-08-2014 02:03 AM

Woohoo! Good job. Glad to see everyone in the boat. :D

I got splashed yesterday AND today, but I'm hanging in there. We got a volleyball net for the pool, but it was too cool today to try it out. :( Maybe by this weekend...

Ubee 05-08-2014 11:07 AM

:swim:
It is just water it shouldn't be a hard thing for me to do.

j-ann 05-08-2014 11:10 AM

STOP

OARS DOWN.

Take a moment to stretch and head on over to berth #91 for the next leg.