Water-Check
Food OP-Check
Exercise-Check
Posting-Check
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Betsy, Ali and I are both in the May Day May Day Challenge. Why not join us there? Most people do really well. Let's see how competative you can get! I'll be nice to you over there BUT if I think you need a kick to get in gear I'll speak up over here. It let's me have a split personality. Also PLEASE do the same for me.
Has anyone had any luck creating new dreams?
Old 05-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Ubee I found that just after reading Betsy's suggestion...def psyched about it!
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:32 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Sorry to hear this Will def say a prayer for you.
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #81  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Ubee— I was completely stalled in my life and dissatisfied, then I created a new dream, just four years ago. And now I'm living that dream: I'm a collage artist. It all started with swap-bot. (Click on "About," read the blog, read the FAQs...) When I starting doing simple postcard swaps at swap-bot, I had no idea I wanted to be an artist, let alone something so specific as a collage artist. I just thought it would be fun to get interesting & friendly snail-mail from around the country—the whole world in fact. And it was fun! But then I saw swaps for beginners for making collage postcards, and other kinds of postcards, too, like doodle postcards and other easy stuff. So I signed up for those, and discovered, to my amazement, that I really enjoyed making things with my hands. And it's not at all about a fancy word like "art": swap-bot has all kinds of beginner swaps for every craft you can think of, and quite a few you've never heard of. It's something you might enjoy doing together with your daughter, Ubee...and who knows? Maybe it will awaken a dream in you, too. =smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Found the challenge, Ubee. I posted my starting stats as of Friday -- that's my "official" weigh in day in terms of weight that I record on my measurements record. I've had a good start because yesterday morning I woke up and had gained back 7 of the 9 pounds I'd just lost and then started a whoosh of epic proportions. Lost 4.8 pounds yesterday and overnight. All water, of course, but at least it's not showing up on my scale.

The pep talk helped a lot -- especially about doing this to myself and not wanting to end up in a wheelchair.

Fi, I'm going to check out swap-bot. The miracle of the Internet strikes again!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #83  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Debbie— I'm concerned about you, as you cope with that "horrible news" you got. I hope you're taking care of your own emotional needs. Are you ready yet to share with us what the news was?

Betsy— You said something to the effect of having unfinished craft projects, didn't you? Swap-bot is great that way, because when you sign up for a swap, you have a deadline, a date by which that project must go in the mail. And you get something in return, too: for example, you make a pot holder for someone else, put it in the mail, and meanwhile another person in the swap is mailing a pot holder to you. It definitely keeps your hands busy and away from food. And it's fun! Everyone is very friendly there: I have made so many friends through swap-bot.

Last edited by Fiona W; 05-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #84  

Fi thanks for your post. My daughter and I have started working on collages thanks to you! It turns out she is very artistic! I showed one to a friend and she though an art teacher had helped her. She has such a unique way of looking at things. It has shown us a whole new side of her.
Betsy that is a lot of weight for over night! Is that normal for you or did you drink a bottle of soy sauce? Did you let it get you down and use it as an excuse? Did you stay on plan and is that why a chunk came off?
Ali thanks for sharing you are doing Atkins. I also look forward to following your SUCCESS on May Day Challenge.
Deb, you are still in my prayers.

Vitamins-Check
Water-Check
Food OP-Check
Exercise-Check
Posting-Check
Old 05-11-2014, 12:11 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy

Ok, so I just weighed myself for the first time in about 5 years. I am on day 10 of a calorie controlled diet (1500 a day) and had decided that I wanted to do weekly weigh ins to see if it is working.
Turns out, I weigh even more than I thought.
I THOUGHT I weighed around 308 pounds/ 150kg. Turns out I ACTUALLY weigh closer to 366/ 166.4kg.
I already knew that in my head, I didn't realise how fat I ACTUALLY am.
I am not ashamed to say that those numbers made me have a big cry. I know I need to use these numbers as motivation to make them smaller, but it is so depressing. I had it in my head that I needed to lose half of my body weight. Now... it is so much more.
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #86  

Atalanta good news is that the heavier you are the faster it will come off If you stick to your plan! Having a big loss will help to motivate you even more. You can do this. What is your plan other then 1500? Will you be eating healthier? Doing research on how different foods break down in your body? Giving up sugar? (Not that you have to.) We are here but remember this will be tough love. Put some heart in it!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:38 AM   #87  

Hi @Ubee. I am on a calorie controlled, food provided plan. It is called LiteNeasy, a well known diet here in Australia. It is calorie controlled and healthy, balanced food. MUCH healthier than what I was eating before. It is great, because they provide everything I need except for skim milk, so I can avoid places that sell food. Temptation and weak impulse control are my biggest problems right now. It was just so heartbreaking to read those numbers.
I posted in here because it seemed more my style. I am new to this forum, but have been a little underwhelmed by the constant sob stories in some other threads across the site.
Honestly, I got myself into this mess and I need to get myself out of it. Part of that is taking ownership of these horrible numbers and doing something to change it.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #88  

I had a good day yesterday. Went and saw my sons family and then both of our moms. Makes for a lot of traveling but a really good day.
Food was pop.
My sister has breast cancer and they think it has spread. Will know more later this wk. Our mother can cancer yrs ago. So this really increases my risk of having it! Yet another reason to get this weight off and get healthy!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the prayers and keep them coming!!

Last edited by dgramie; 05-11-2014 at 09:10 AM.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #89  

Sorry to hear of your family problems, dgramie. I hope things get a little easier for you.
What did you mean by the food was pop? Is that good or bad?
I am not one for prayer, but I do hope your sister's situation improves. It is good that you are thinking of your own health too.
As a person with a LOT of current family problems, I empathise, however I have learned that I have to concentrate and be slightly selfish to put my own issues at the forefront too. Being healthy is a constant battle and something that effects everything around us. I am not half as useful to my family as I could be and a lot of that comes down to my size and mobility issues,
Being obese is easy... changing it is what takes the work.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning. I'm on some kind of whoosh of epic proportions. In the last two days, I've lost over 9 pounds in water. Of course, I had gained over 9 pounds over the course of 2 days last week, so for once it's nice to see it exit as quickly as it arrived. I imagine that a great deal of it has to do with going back on IF and actually sticking to plan for more than 20 minutes! Ubee, your pep talk helped immensely -- it was just what I needed. Add in the May Day May Day Challenge, and mentally I'm much more committed.

Atalanta Glad that you're finding your diet plan easy to be on and that it's providing healthy food for you to eat. And you're right. Getting healthy and forming new habits does mean that we have to put ourselves at least near the top of the list if not first.
Dgramie Sounds like a really busy day. So sorry about your sister's cancer, but am glad that you're aware that with the family history you need to be much more watchful of your own health.
Fi I really like everything you're telling me and what I saw when I glanced at swap-bot......except for the having to meet deadlines part. It will probably be something I look at for the rainy season, but for summer I'm so busy with yard work and outside activities that it's actually getting much easier to be "good" in the evenings. Plus Ubee gave me the much needed plain talk that I needed on another thread. Thanks, Ubee!

I need to hop in the shower and then get dinner (Midwest roots are showing through as dinner is at noon and supper is the evening meal) started. My younger nephew is coming out so we can celebrate his being hired on full time -- pot roast, mashed potatoes, buttered corn, applesauce, bread and honey butter, and Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Do you think that he is into carbs? I've done MFP for this meal and know what portions I can have so I'll be able to stay within my calorie and carb count for the day.

Hope all of you who are mothers have a wonderful day. Actually, I hope everyone has a wonderful day with mothers having an extra special day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote