Old 05-14-2014, 02:12 PM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

I normally get fajitas to stay on plan. But last night I got a different meal and ate most of it. I normally eat half and being home half. I was really hungry and ate more than the 8 chips I eat. I had worked hard outside and thought I could handle the meal and just eat half. Nope!!

I'm back at it today!!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Water-Vitamins-Exercise- Check Food- Iffy
Deb, thanks that is what I get too.
Ali, 48 is young. Sweets in the store can be tricky. Some days it makes me crazy and others I could care less. Sugar makes me want more...
Betsy how much do those bags weigh? Interesting about IF. I've given myself a 6 pm cut off time and it helps.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't replied sooner - work has been kicking my butt this week.
Still sticking to the diet and being a good girl. It seems to be working!
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #109  

I did good at church last night. I put a few chips on my salad but just a few, loaded it with lettuce!!
Food isn't planned yet for the day but it will be pop!!
No outside time today. It's rainy and cold. The kids have gotten use to be outside all day playing and hate being inside all day. I agree with them!!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #110  

Deb did you make a plan? Inside days bring about mindless eating for me. Be careful.
Atalanta keep up the good work!
Ali & Betsy look forward to reading your new posts later today.
I am going to use the May Day challenge as more inspiration. Keep the pressure on me to see a loss every week please.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #111  

I have a plan. Huge taco salad for dinner today. Lunch will be determined based on timing of naps. Lol
Starting Monday I plan to start eating more veggies. Hubby and I are going away for the weekend and am going to eat off plan. My plan is 2 op meals a day and one off.
I am dealing with tom and know I won't be posting a loss this wk.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. I'm able to post, but barely.....my fingers seem to be the only working part of my body that isn't screaming at me this morning. Evidently, I'm not still in my 20s any more (for those of you who don't know, I left my 20s about 4 decades ago!).

dgramie A weekend away is always fun and as long as the OP meal isn't too wildly calorie laden, you might get through ok. Have a good time.
Ubee The bags of mulch were 2 cubic feet each (so big bags) and dry they probably weigh about 35-40 pounds each. Unfortunately, they sat outside in the rain for a couple of weeks so they probably weighed between 65-75 pounds......I'm feeling it today, but got them all moved with some help from the guys I hired to weed whack my very steep hillside. Reward was a 3 pound loss yesterday as I didn't eat as much and obviously burned calories like crazy since I also went to the gym in the morning. I'm using the May Day challenge the same way! Great minds think alike.
Atalanta Good for you on sticking on plan when having a hard week at work -- that's one of the hardest things for me to do!
Ali Same buying patterns for me -- I now refer to it as mindless eating because most of the time I would grab something and then not really taste it because I was wrapped up in getting home.

Going down to Olympia today with a girlfriend to the Farmer's Market and then out to lunch. I'll have the fish taco, my one glass of wine I'm allowed each week/month (I'm on warfarin for A Fib, and liquor really messes with the readings not to mention basically empty calories), and have planned on a veggie frittata for dinner tonight. Definitely won't lose, but hopefully won't gain either.

Have a great day. This thread has helped so much because I know if I screw up that Ubee's going to let me hear about it......and that's exactly what I need!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #113  

Posting & Water - Check
Food - Check until I ate a big bowl of popcorn
Exercise - Nope
Old 05-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #114  

Food check
Water check
Vitamins check
Exercise no
Positive attitude. Trying hard lol
Old 05-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Betsy2013 - I am so impressed that you are up and about so much. When I am not at work, all I want to do is nap on the couch. You are an inspiration! Sounds like you are battling some health stuff there, but still working at the weight loss. Why do you think you won't lose? It doesn't sound like a fish taco or veggie frittata is too bad - it all depends on how you prepare them.

dgramie - hope you have a great weekend away. We all need time away from it sometimes, but just make sure that you are back on the wagon when you get home. Try not to eat too badly whilst you are away - you would regret it in the long run.

I am finding it easier to stick to the diet when I am at work - I get pre-prepared meals delivered once a week, so it is really easy when there is no temptation around. The biggest temptation is when I am out in the real world. I just started week three today, though, and haven't cheated yet (except for wine and I am not planning on giving that up any time soon). I had committed to only weighing myself once a week, but had a moment of weakness yesterday morning and weighed myself to see if the diet is working. It is! From Sunday morning to Thursday morning I lost 11 pounds! I am amazed. I know the number is high because it is the beginning of the diet, I have so much to lose, and my body is adjusting to the new regime. I know it won't be this great the whole time, but man... it was really nice to see some pay off.
Not really looking forward to the weekend. Lots of temptation when I have nothing to distract me.
I bought a fitbit flex yesterday and am expecting it to be delivered today. Does anyone else here use one? My biggest issue is that I don't exercise and need some motivation. I think that having a wristband lighting up and reminding me will be really helpful. I have also started recording my calorie intake on My Fitness Pal (phone app) and have synched it to the fitbit app. I think using technology to make me accountable will help me stick to the program.
Heavens knows, I need all of the help I can get!
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #116  

Weigh in today shows a 1lb gain. I am fine with it because Tom is here.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #117  

Greetings!
Deb one pound for TOM sounds like next week might be really good. He usually weighs more then one pound.
Atalanta if you want to commit to a certain amount of exercise you can do it on this thread and we will kick your butt if you slack. Ride that rapid weightloss honeymoon as long as you can!
Betsy did you stick to your plan?
Ali, lemc where are you? I hope you don't have your head in the sand.
The sun is shinning and I am in a good mood so should be on plan today.

Last edited by Ubee; 05-16-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. It's cooled off and feels delightful. Plus I have the window open next to my desk and the smell of lilacs is wafting it. Free aromatherapy!

Atalanta Yes, I'm up and about a lot......which is much easier to do when you're retired like I am! That pesky work week doesn't end up using up all of the day light hours. Health issues are normal for my age (mid 60s), but I do think that losing weight will help with managing them. I didn't think I'd lose because I wouldn't have any control over what they put in the tacos or how they fixed them plus I had a 3 pound loss the day before and I never lose 2 days in a row unless I'm sick. And congrats on the 11 pound loss!! Yes, it's the beginning of a diet and you're having a whoosh, but it's 11 pounds you're not carrying around and it's so motivating to see those pounds come off when you weigh in.
Dgramie I'm with Ubee -- 1 pound for TOM isn't bad at all.
Ubee Stuck to the plan until I got home and went off on a popcorn binge. Did you mentally send me images of your popcorn. Then as long as I was at it, I finished off the ice cream from the weekend. And had some toast. Serious kicking needed here!

Off to the gym, then cut the grass and trim, then I need to figure out how much dirt and compost and manure (all in bags) to get to fill up the containers I'm going to use to do my gardening this year. I want to get them all filled and planted next week.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Atlanta --- wooo hooo!! congrats to you!!!! )

You also Deb, 1lb with TOM is amazing!

So glad everyone is doing well!!

I"m still here, no head in the sand for me Just busy with work and my daughter had her spring band concert last night. I hate posting from my tablet so I've been using my work computer lol I'll try to post some over the weekend from the tablet but if you don't hear from me that's why I'll be back on Tues (I'm off work on Mondays)

Monday is also my daughter's field trip to the state capital where I'm still nervous about those dang seats! I'm tryinng to take everyone's advise and not be nervous but I can't help it. I don't want my wide load to be across two seats lol

I'll eat breakfast before we go that morning - lunch I ordered a sandwhich but will drop the bread when I eat it (Atkins - low carb, meat and toppings is fine). If there are chips and stuff I will skip.

Dinner will be at cici's pizza - I'll plan a salad and just eat the toppings off a slice of veggie pizza, no crust.

I haven't been happy wtih my weight loss but figured out I think I had a little to high fat ratio on my plan when I started watching that - dang cheese is killing me lol

So I cut it down yesterday and the scale reflected a 1.2 loss over previous day. I'll take it! 2 lbs to go and I will have lost 20lbs total! wow, still hard to believe.

gorgeous weather here too betsy and ubee - enjoy it!!
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #120  

Ali good job planning and taking the time to figure out what is working and what isn't. 18 pounds is great. Keep it up! Have fun on the field trip.
Betsy come on I want you do behave! This is not OK. I want you to be able to travel without a wheel chair! I know you do IF. Maybe you could have a cut off time at night like I do. Mine is 6 pm and I have stuck to it except for one day this past week.