Old 05-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #136  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

I am ready to have my butt kicked! I have been babying myself too much because I have been stressed out about a series of interviews I have had to go to trying to get a job training after 5 years of being unemployed. So I have allowed myself binge eating.

Now I forgive myself for that, but this job certification training course will start in August and after 8 weeks I should have a job - but it will be a 12 hour work day with lots of walking, so what good will it do me to ace the training if I fail the physical? All my studying and hard work would be for nothing.

I need to get back to my healthy eating plan, and I need to start exercising. I have been giving the dog a 1/2 mile walk 5 times a week and that is it for 3 months. It is time to bump that up, so I am gonna set some new exercise goals and and I am gonna work up a sweat! I need to do this - for my life!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #137  

Height: 5'7"

Well I am thinking my stomach must be nerves. I went to church and didn't overeat. We were having our meeting and I had to get up and go to the bathroom. This has happened every time I have eaten since Friday.

Food check
Water check
Vitamins check
Exercise check
Positive attitude. Check. Even though my heart is breaking.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

Ok, it sounds to me that some people (Ubee, lostbutstilltrying) are struggling this week.

Time to remember why you are here.

In between buses, on the way to work, I used to occasionally go to the cafe nearby and grab a bacon and egg roll for breakfast. Today, I switched at the stop before and went past that stop. There was a women there, at least my size - maybe larger - sitting in the shelter, eating from a paper bag. She was wolfing it down, obviously hurrying, and it revolted me. She looked so unhealthy, unattractive and frankly disgusting. I vow never to be that woman again.

My top reasons for losing weight are:
1. I want to be healthy: I want to make it past my 30s. I want to be able to keep up with my friends and take part in physical activities equally.
2. I want to be attractive: I am a hot fat girl - I am going to be AMAZING as a fit girl.
3. I want to be able to shop for clothes where everyone else does. I want to be able to follow fashion trends and dress accordingly, instead of wearing whatever fits.
4. I think it is going to make me a happier person.

What are yours?
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:34 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Angela/Vortex For travel I take fruit, veggies, nuts, cheese, and my new best friend popcorn. As for restaurants I've got nothing. I just know I can almost always find something healthy. The hard part is ordering it.
Betsy let me have it!
Lost we have got to stop babying ourselves. Life is full of stress. We need to only eat when we are hungry. There has got to be a way to change this mind set. Why do you think exercise has to be an all or nothing? Slow and steady. Try doing something more often. If you run 1/2 a mile and are exhausted the rest of the day wouldn't it have been better to have gone for 2 or 3 slow walks but gone farther?
Debbie it sounds like stress to me. I am proud of you. You are doing what I preach, staying on plan under extreme stress.
Atalanta thanks for your post.
1. I want to be healthy.
2. I do not want to die on my husband and kids (especially our daughter with autism) before my time.
3. I want to be active and able to keep up with them.
4. I do not want to be embarassed by how heavy I am.
5. I want to feel comfortable in my body.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #140  

My sister is terminal. It's a hard thing to accept.

Today I plan to be outside most of the day again. My flower beds are looking good. Garden is worked out again. I think my tomato area is ready for preen. That will cut my exercise down. I will replace it with more walking.

I want be healthy and fit because I have a husband who depends on me for his care. He is doing good right now but that is subject to change fast.
I have 5 precious grandchildren , my youngest hasn't even started having babies yet. I want to be here to cuddle them and also babysit them.
I also don't want to cause anyone to hurt like I hurt from losing a brother to a massive heart attack.
I want to be fit so I can continue to work with the children at church.
I want to feel good!!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #141  
starting over again

dgramie I am so about the news of your sister. There really aren't any words good enough, but we are thinking of you here
Old 05-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Ubee -- whine, whine, whine is better than wine, wine, wine. If you figure out why we do this and a way to stop it, write a book -- you'll be a millionaire quickly!

Deb -- So sorry about your sister.

1) Walking without pain -- heck, just walking!
2) Getting to enjoy retirement.
3) Being here to create memories with the grands.
4) Seeing and doing things that are fun and interesting.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #143  

First of all- Deb I hope your healthy eating and exercise give you the strength you need to face each day.
Betsy that was your idea of letting me have it? LAME! Sorry but that was your last chance for a long time. I am so staying on track!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #144  

My sister lives hours away but is always in my heart. I won't be able to be with her thru it. She has a long road ahead. We are planning to get together before things get bad.
Had a good day and got a 30 min walk in.
Coloring my hair now and plan to give myself a pedi tonight. Gotta get out of this mood and pampering might help.
Food was light today. I do think my stomach issues is nerves. So will just pray and take one day at a time.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #145  
starting over again

dgramie take care of yourself as best you can.

Everyone I did my eating and extra exercise goal for the first time today!

Now it wasn't a hundred percent perfect as there was some construction on my walking trail so it was a smidge under a mile because of a detour, and the yoga was just simple stuff - but I did the chair exercise with weights even! and both meals were mostly salad today! plus I did lots of housework! I really really had to force it - it feels very unnatural, but everybody starts somewhere I guess and I just couldn't report back here that I didn't even do one day, so your tough love is working!
Old 05-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 366/328/143

Height: 5'6"

drammie - my sincere sympathies to you and yours. Very sad news.

On plan today - even bought dinner to work because I think I am going to be here for a long while. Trying to increase the number of steps I am doing a day - taking the long way from the bus to work, getting off the bus a couple of stops early on the way home. Doing the little things to start.
Atalanta83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #147  

Good job Atalanta! Do you have a back up plan for the days you don't bring a lunch and end up staying?
Lost I too find the tough love working. Now lets work on day 2.
Deb good plan. I need to do some upkeep. My eyebrows need their own zip code.
I did well yesterday. The scale is still up from the popcorn/nacho pig out. I am digging deep so I can have a loss this week.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone - hope you don't mind me jumping in!
I've been here before, and here I am again. My last successful WL journey was several years ago. Three weeks ago, I was at the doctor and weighed in at 325 lbs. I finally managed to gain back all the weight I had lost - UGH. I decided then and there that I was tired of being so overweight. I started watching my calorie intake at that moment.

I started counting calories, and have just added exercise this week. So glad this support group is still here! Here are my reasons for losing weight:

1. I'm tired of being fat!
2. I want to look decent in pictures and not feel like I have to hide half my body behind someone else.
3. I want my clothes to look good on me.
4. I want to be more healthy - no more "on the border" high blood pressure, AC1, etc

Last edited by texscrapper; 05-21-2014 at 08:49 AM.
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #149  

Welcome Tex! sounds like you are off to a good start. Just want to make sure you are aware we are a tough love group. If we see you slipping up we will call you on it.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 AM   #150  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Debbie--Much love to you and all your family, dear friend.

Lost--You mentioned the job you are hoping for requires a physical. What will it take to pass it?

I've had two bad days. Bad binge Monday, another of slightly less severity yesterday. Yesterday was the worst day I've had since I started WW at Christmas 2012. I kept thinking, why am I even trying? I should just quit WW, quit 3FC, stop pretending.

But I know if I do that, I won't maintain what I've lost--I'll go back up. So it's not an option.

Moreover, no matter what I was telling myself yesterday, it's not impossible. Others have lost 100+ and even maintained their losses.

And the point. What's the point? The point is to be comfortable in my body. To fit into airplane seats and not be afraid to take an overseas flight. To be able to try things like kayaking. Maybe to stop taking meds for blood pressure and diabetes. To be able to buy any clothes I like. To not be embarrassed to see myself in group photos. There are lots of points. (Yesterday it felt like there weren't any... so thanks for bearing with me.)

So, here comes trip 1. The first few days are likely to be the hardest. Scrabble Tournament, 3 days. Two challenges here: eating and exercise. We'll be in a hotel with limited other restaurant options. I've been at this hotel before, and as I recall they do have some healthy breakfast options, so I'm not too concerned there, but lunch is challenging, so I guess I should plan to take lunch food with me.

Exercise during the tourney is even more of an issue. We'll be playing 8 hrs each day the first two days, so that's a lot of sitting. There is a bit of a park near the hotel, so if weather permits DH and I could go for an outdoor walk in the evening. More importantly, though, I probably need to plan to walk briskly up and down the halls whenever I get a break between rounds (but I can't count on getting those).

After the tourney, exercise won't be a problem. We're headed to Wisconsin for a few days, where state parks and walking tours are on the agenda; then to Chicago, where again I plan to get us on a couple of walking tours--in any case, we're staying right downtown, near the places we want to go to, so we'll walk to the Art Institute, to the symphony, etc. All that restaurant eating can be challenging, but what I need to remember is that upscale restaurants usually have more healthy options, so I just need to ORDER them. ORDER the healthy options!

Now, I just need to get through today and tomorrow without getting into giving up mode again.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 05-21-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote