300+ And Getting Fit After 40 #320

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Deb, Carol, I need that "it's easy" feeling back. I'm swimming in junk food. Today's already shot. I'll try to finish out the day w/o it getting any worse and try to get back on track tomorrow.
  • I woke up hungry - ate normal breakfast and was hungrier. My resolve was not strong when DH suggested my favorite lunch place. My choices were poor.

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • We ate Mexican for lunch. I had 10 chips. No shells with my fajita and stopped before I felt full. A huge improvement for me!!
  • So far today I have reeled myself back to being POP. I worked in the yard for an hour or so before the storms hit - I know I won't agree tomorrow but it felt good to bend and stretch.
  • Ready for a pop week!!
  • Hello dear friends!

It's been so long since I have been here. I have gained sooooo much weight back and I'm terrified of it. I have had so many medical issues and my doctor says that I shouldn't worry about losing the weight but.. I am. I am weighing in this morning at 291! That is a gain of 80 pounds!!! My body is hurting so much and I need to be here for support. I feel confident that going back to basics will help me so... I hope you all are ready for my silly posts.

I was in a rear end collision in September with a car hitting me on the freeway going 65 and I and everyone else on the freeway were stopped. I have really struggled getting over that and then on December 19th I was rear ended yet again by a teenager who was texting. I had a 6 hour surgery on my stomach and parts inside and it has been extremely debilitating between the medical stuff and pain and limits that the doctor set on me.

I almost didn't update my tracker or say how much I weigh but.. I feel like that is really going back for me. For me it is freeing to not let weight be your determination of who you are. I am not a number! I am Annie The number will change but I will always be Annie!

Okay.. Enough rambling for now. Good to be back and can't wait to support all of you ladies and gentlemen as I am supported. Also.. I haven't looked around the site much yet but I am going to start planning on moving my body a certain amount of minutes each month as I did in the beginning! I am super competitive with myself so having a goal to beat helps me.

I am planning on moving my body at least 1/2 hour per day for the rest of April that is 90 minutes for today and the next 2 days!

Blessings all,
    Annie
  • Oh Annie - I'm so glad to see you here! I'm so proud you can update your ticker. I've also gained quite a bit of weight but not so brave.

Today has been a POP day. Need to check and see how my steps are.

Let's do this!
  • Carol.... Hugs. We CAN do this. I really know that being without weight loss support the past 11 months due to our move back to CA has been a huge part of my gaining.

About my ticker... I remember how ashamed I was for anyone to even guess my weight so to say it out loud takes a lot of my power back (my own strangeness).

I did 30 minutes of exercise today which is something I haven't done in months!

Blessings all,
    Annie
  • Annie-welcome back dear friend. I have also gained a lot of weight back from my lowest. I have gained about 60. I'm mad at myself but all I can do is get it back off.
    We can do this!!! I will make a new ticker also!
  • I had a POP day but didn't get much exercise.

Annie - you are so right, perhaps admitting it to myself is hardest.

Let's do this!
  • Hubby is still sick. Praying antibotics kick in soon.
    We had a light supper and I had a sweet tooth. I don't get one often! Hubby had candy bars stashed and I wanted one really bad. I said NO!! That's not been happening! Feels good to have stayed pop!
  • Hubby is feeling a bit better. His fever is way down but not normal yet.
    I am unsure of what food will be today. I am not eating at church tonight.
    I am still struggling wanting something sweet. I will not give in!! This is the longest I have stayes op in a while.

I have some cute clothes I got last summer that just don't look good. I'm hoping to be in them by June. I have a dr appt in mid to late June and want good numbers. I really want 20 lbs off by then.

Angela heather Judy. How are y'all?
  • Almost POP yesterday. Heading in the right direction any way.

Glad your DH is doing better Deb.
  • Good Morning all.
    Deb, so happy to see you are okay (storms)! I really used to hide behind that scale number. I was always (to me) Fat_________ like Fat daughter, Fat sister, fat wife, fat secretary etc. So.. I will not let the number on the scale define me or control me again (I hope). Sorry about sick hubby. That is such a great NSV about just saying NO to candy bars! You rocked it.

Carol: xoxo Great job POP!

J-ann: Heading the right way, woot, woot!

As For me: When I read what Deb wrote about clothes in the closet for summer.. UGH! I have so many cute things for summer and I can't get the capris (not one pair) zipped up. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday that I'm hoping she says I can start to exercise again. I have been on extreme strict rules since surgery on the 18 of March and I'm super ready to swim again. I need to get my body back in shape and I'm not talking about the size as much as the feelings I have about myself and the aches and pains that are coming around in my back and stuff due to not moving.

Okay, Today is the last day of April. Move your bodies and be POP!

Blessings,
    Annie
  • Hello
    Hi Everyone,

It's been a while - well, a long time really.

It's been an interesting 18 months. We went to the UK for a holiday and basically, I never returned to my 'diet - lifestyle' changes, I returned to my old habits and regained some of the weight that I lost.

I had episodes of weeks where I stuck to my plan but found my weight loss was sporadic, if any. It left me feeling a quite disillusioned and wondering if I could succeed with just diet and exercise alone.

In the middle of March I developed chicken pox and it gave me a week of contemplation and not being able to ignore things, or be too busy to stop and think about myself.

I've been on many 'diets' over the years and whilst I kept at least half the weight off that I lost last time, I did regain some and knew that I needed to change things.

I'd been looking at and considering surgical intervention, for example, gastric sleeve but am really worried that something might happen and I would be unable to work. That would cause a really big issue for us as I earn more than my husband and we have 2 kids in private schools. It's funny - my weight is not healthy but I can't afford to be sick!

I had to see a different GP when I found I had the chicken pox because my usual GP was away. It was the first time I saw him and he commented on my weight and asked what I was doing about it. He suggested prescribing a medication to assist me.

At first I refused but read up a lot regarding the drug and after a week went to see him again and was given a prescription.

I wanted to return to this forum because I really liked being a part of the group and found the support wonderful. However, I feel embarrassed that I have resorted to medication to assist me and at first did not want to say anything, but that feels dishonest.

I will have been taking the medication for three weeks tomorrow and things are going really well. My weight is now less that the last time (only just - about 2 pounds) I posted on the forum.

I have minimal side effects, just a dry mouth (not such a bad thing, means I drink more water), don't sleep as much as I used to (but still get enough sleep). The most wonderful benefit is that I rarely feel hungry. It's WONDERFUL.

I still eat but eat healthy choices. Because I'm not hungry, I don't eat as much, so my portion size are smaller.

Another benefit is that I now have a lot more energy. I'm now exercising on daily basis - just walking on a treadmill but that's something that I wasn't doing before.

I'm used to metric, and started again at 130.7 kgs. So am setting my smaller goals at 10kgs increments.

My 'long term' goal for the moment is to crack the 100 kg barrier.

I'll be over the moon and ready to set the world alight when (not if) I make it to 75kgs. I know that it is still in the over weight BMI range for me (need to be under 68kgs for that) but I have not been that weight for over 20 years and when I was, I looked so slim.

So, here goes ....... another roller-coaster ride and even though I know it's not going to be all downhill, I hope the finish line is lower that the starting point.

I'm so pleased to see familiar faces (names), I feel like I'm back with a group of friends I've not seen for ages.

Bek.