300+ And Getting Fit After 40 #320

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • That's a little unusual, Carol… my points usually go down one at a time. Did you also have a birthday? (They took a point away from me as a birthday gift this year

The crazy thing is, if you gain those 3 lbs back, they'll give you the point back.

Glad to hear you've been OP this week.

Me, I did a reality check this morning in hopes of cheering myself up and instead did the opposite. I realized that although I've done some regaining and re-losing, basically I've been maintaining for over a year. This is totally not cool.

Part of this can be ascribed to the fact that my online WW plan was in maintenance mode for a long time and I didn't know it. So I was eating at maintenance levels--not too surprising that I didn't lose. I've reduced my points for about a month now, though, and it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference.

I need a plan for how to get things moving again.

One thing I know I've fallen down on is trying not to sit for long periods. I need to get back in the habit of trying to get up and walk 2 minutes every 20 minutes whenever I possibly can. I know that really helps keep my blood sugar regulated.

I need to take my WW points even lower, but when I switched from maintenance to losing mode, the difference was 7 points, and I didn't think I could do that all at once, so I split the difference and went down 4 points instead. I need to keep cutting points until I get to the number the plan thinks I should be at.

I also want to increase my daily exercise and diversify it a bit. I've settled into a daily walking routine, with some jogging thrown in, but I think I should get back to doing yoga once or twice a week, some dance videos, and kickboxing.

Finally, a couple of other small changes: I'm going to try to spread my water out over the course of the day and make it cold water instead of room temp. I also need to try harder to get a full night's sleep. And, finally, I need to get back in the habit of planning AHEAD for restaurant meals, instead of making decisions when I'm there.

That actually adds up to a lot of changes. My goal is to make ALL of this habit by the end of May. Summer *should* be a great weight loss time for me, but it hasn't been the last two years. I want to make that different in 2014.
  • Happy Easter! We have no plans today so food should be pop!
  • Once again I didn't get here yesterday - UGH - I know coming here daily is a key to my success.

My fitbit is shipped - considering how I will set my initial goal.

Made it to the pool yesterday - thank goodness for activity points as I went over last night. Today's Easter dinner was just OK at my sister's house. Need to get it recorded but I feel certain I'm in good shape with it point wise. No dinner for me either.

I managed to get one flower bed cleaned out yesterday in the midst of errand catch-up. I can feel the little bit of bending, stretching and squatting I did. Looking at summer as a time of weight loss for me.

Time to go cut up the watermelon! Let's do this.
  • Happy Monday, everybody. Hope you had a great weekend.

I had a terrible day eating wise yesterday. Back on the wagon today.

Supposed to be high 70s here today! I put on a spring/summer dress. Last week it snowed one day. Go figure.

Two weeks of class left. As much work as I have to do over the summer, I'm still thrilled at the prospect of a few weeks with no class. What I don't get in money I make up in liberty.
  • I'm slowly, very slowly, getting it back together. By tomorrow I'll be back to tracking. I've been eating crap for no good reason. I think self sabotage has infected my brain. Grrrrrrrrr
  • I have no will power right now. I will so great one or two days and them blow it.
    Today I will try again!!
  • Judy, Debbie, I know how you feel. I just gave up yesterday.

Let's make today a great one. !
  • 1pop day down! I have a plan for eating out tonight! I really need to get my water in.
    Hubby gets his permanent set of dentures today. It's hard to believe it's been 9 months.
  • Not pop yesterday I had a plan for eating Mexican but hubby decided he wanted a Chinese buffet. I had one plate(food not touching) and a couple of more sushi on a second plate.
    I will try again
  • Having a rough time here, too. Trying again today.

Hang in there, Debbie, and all!
  • So far so good today!!
  • Well I made it before the weekend - calling it a NSV. I've had a POP week and am enjoying the motivation my fitbit brings. If not motivation, at least awareness of my movement. I'm taking the longer way to get somewhere else in the building. I just read the manual and I'm excited to learn I can use it in the pool.

I'm almost afraid to say I feel like I'm back in the swing adjusted to my new routine of being up at 4 and not back home until about 6. I've been POP all week including tracking everything. I'm looking forward to WI in the morning.

I have a road trip with my mom tomorrow and have a food plan in place. I'm really going to try for a POP weekend!

Angela - you have done so well - I can't wait to have results again and be under 300.

Judy - let's do this together girlfriend. I want that confidence back.

Debbie - summer is coming - remember all the increased activities we love to participate in rather than being on the sideline.

I've not been much support around here - feel like I step in and take what I need. Time for me to be a part of this!

Let's do this friends!
  • I made it today! Feels good to make wise choices !
  • Weigh in was down over 2lbs. I have to be happy with it and remember that it's a great loss since I wasn't on plan properly. Menu is planned for today!
  • WI this morning - down 2.5 lbs. I'll take it!