300+ Chat Thread: April, 2014

You're on Page 4 of 16
Go to
  • Just stopping in to announce that I was able to make supper without nibbling at all! This is huge for me. I'm usually full before I get the food on the table!

I had a stupid amount of energy today. Got a lot done at work and would have at home but I had company. My other big NSV was carrying the full jug for my water cooler one handed and up the stairs with ease. See? scale can lie all it wants.. I have progress. I am strong
  • Good morning all. Bill stopped by yesterday morning just as I was starting to post and somehow the whole day slipped away. Hope everyone is doing well. So many great posts to read!!!!

JanePlease share the energy as the housework awaits and all I want to do is read a murder mystery. Congrats on the NSVs with the water jug and getting a lot done at work. I loved the nibble story -- can relate because I was taught to cook by tasting everything to see if it needed seasoning. And then you were supposed to re-taste to make sure the seasoning was right. How's that for rationalizing my cooking behavior?!
    SamWow! Fitting into jeans that you couldn't even get closed just a short time ago. You are rockin' it! You said you couldn't believe that at 306 you can get into a 20. Well, all that exercising you're doing is really showing results. Good for you.
    FiLoved the gorp story although unlike Ubee I haven't named mine. Maybe I'll name it Steve after my ex-husband.....two things in my life that I'd dearly love to part company with. And a big woo-hoo on the cookies. Way to go. That is such a monumental step.
    SilentArcticYou ok? Hopefully you haven't felt like I'm pushing you to join in the calendar coloring for staying on plan. BTW, my calendar is still a pristine white so you can tell how this is going for me. Don't know if this helps, but any day I can see a difference in how I'm acting now versus how I used to be I consider as progress. So, yes, there are days where I am totally off plan in terms of calories, foods eaten, and carbs. But if I end up stopping the binge before I eat all of several different things, then I feel that while I'm still a long way from where I want to be, it's a lot better than where I was. You have lost a lot of weight, and we all need a rest once in a while. I may be rationalizing my behavior, but even though I'm now on the 4th time of losing the same 20 pounds, I feel ok about it because I know that in the past I would have just gained back everything I'd lost. Like you said. What you had to eat maybe wasn't great, but it was a lot better than how it used to be. And that's progress!
    Locke Hope today feels like a better day for you. We've all been there with you.
    Dean Sitting here drinking my pot of coffee with you.....and enjoying it immensely. Have a joyful day yourself.
    LarryGood for you for getting right back to it. With all your volunteer work especially with it centering around so much food, you're doing so well.
    Ubee Wonder how Mt. Washmore is coming along......I'm in the same boat. How's the Wild Woman emergence coming along? My goal today is to get to do some coloring.......time to have something staring at me besides a totally blank calendar page.

In spite of being retired, I still have a tendency to do "chores" on Saturday. The house needs to be straightened up, there's a pile of laundry, and Toby needs to have an obedience session. It's supposed to rain most of the day so outside work will have to wait. Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Jane - That is amazing!

Betsy - Thanks for the pep talk

Sam - You are doing so fabulously

Fi - you are such a good story teller, and what a good story Yeah for freedom from the cookies!)

I'm kinda meh, still grumpy, had a not so fun phonecall yesterday about my bloodwork, so I have to go in for more glucose testing. Boo! I don't really want a diabetes diagnosis as my 35th birthday present thanks :-| hopefully my glucose tolerance is okay enough that I don't need to go on meds.

But I ran through the whole range of emotions, I was mad at myself, but mad at the universe too because of course its now that I have been (despite my negative attitude) really trying to live a healthier life the past while so I was frustrated that its so not paying off.

And then wondering if I'm a fraudster, all my losses lately, the accolates for looking good from people, but maybe the weight lost HASN'T been for healthy reasons, I know weight loss can be a symptom of diabetes so it made me feel like maybe I'm a fake and a fraud and that even though I've been TRYING. I know I haven't been perfect and maybe all the weight I've lost since january isn't really because of the stubborn effort I've put in maybe its just my body being defunct. So I barely ate.

My hemaglobin levels are also low so I forced down a chicken breast and spinach salad for supper... I still had some wine when I went out (1 serving)... then drank water the rest of the night. Meeting up with friends for brunch (my idea actually) I'll make the best choices I can with our limited menu options. Anyhow sorry for being such a debbie downer lately, if my iron levels ARE truely low, i hope that's the explanation for my tiredness lately... I find that easier to fix (just eating more greens...which have been lacking the past couple of weeks) than if high blood sugars have been the tiredness trigger. Hopefully a spinach salad a day keeps the doctor happy :-|
  • Good Afternoon!
    I am having a great day. The sun is shinnng!!! We went for a walk at the state park and bought fresh produce. Now I have to continue to work on Mount Washmore.
    Silent I want to shake you and hug you! HELLO we've all been/are there. I lost weight and now my knee is being a pain. I yo yo does that make me a fraud? Come on we are all in this together. When is your birthday? I hope we will be having a party! You are all so important to me. I know my social life sucks but not on here. I can be chatty patty and I can't see anyone roll their eyes! We can all do this but yes it is going to take time. Silent you are awesome!
    Betsy I don't think you are rationalizing your behavior. We are learning. My kids always whine about how they don't know how to do things in school. I tell them too loudly "That is what you are going to school for!" To be honest I think we have screwed up bodies at 300+ and what works for others does not work for us and we have to figure it out. Get those colors out and lets aim for some stripes to start out with. Wild Woman is so happy to be back!
    Jane I love stupid energy! I hope it is ketosis. Wait, it is possible to cook without eating?
    Sam I know what you mean about everyone on here! I am so amazed at all your exercise. Keep it up shrinking woman!
    Fi The Cookie Conqueror! Now you are a super hero! So happy for you!
    Locke I hope you are having a better day! Keep posting it helps.
    Dean hope you are having a great weekend. You broke me down. I went back to my delish coffee. Our budget is going to have to be cut else where.
    Have a peaceful day!
  • Evening Everyone!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Didn't get much done around the house today....let me rephrase that...Didn't anything done around the house today LOL!!! I woke up early to take my temperature for my FAM charting. Not sure if anyone knows what that is...It's basically a way for me to keep up with my fertility and menstrual cycles since I don't always know when I am going to have one. This is the first month since the start of my journey where I think I've missed it, or it's incredibly late. I had one day where I thought it was going to start because of obvious signs, but after that day...no more. I've been reading a fertility book where it discusses FAM and how once you've got the charting down pat you can use it as a means of contraceptive, tracking fertility to get pregnant, or to chart your cycles so you know when you are ovulating and when you will have a cycle. I found a free app on my phone so it's been helpful so I don't have to use a paper chart.

DH and I went this afternoon to go look at the farmer's market to see what they have....We get there and the place is empty!! No one was there!! The sign says it's open year round, so I don't know what is going on, if they're moving it or if they are just doing some up keep of the grounds this weekend. I was kinda miffed about it because I really wanted to see if there were any fresh figs around. We ended up going to Sam's Club to grab a few things that they didn't have in when I did my shopping earlier in the week, then had to go to the local grocery store to get a few more things I didn't want to buy in bulk. I'm going to be making us some healthy stuffed peppers tonight...This will be my first time ever making stuffed peppers so I hope they turn out ok Today was work out #5 for the week for me. My body was really telling me it was pooped. I ended up only doing 20 minutes of HIIT and 30 minutes of yoga. Which I will say is better than nothing so I'm not going to complain. I've been hitting it HARD this week so I hope to see a loss for my weigh in tomorrow

Jane Great job at breaking the nibbling habit! You ARE STRONG!!

Betsy Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm hoping within the next couple of months I'll be able to comfortably wear those size 20's!! And I know what you mean about time slipping from you. That's how I feel today. My plan was to get this house in order so that next weekend I can tackle the crap in my closet and throw out a lot of junk! Well it's 6:30 now and I'm pooped from working out lol...I guess I'll just try again tomorrow!

Silent You are NOT a fraud!!! From the way it sounds your weight loss was due to your efforts of trying to lose. Not at the chance that you may have diabetes. Stay strong!! If it turns out you do have diabetes then you will just have to watch everything even harder...No point in getting upset until you really know what's going on. We all love you here and wish the best for you!! <3

Ubee Thanks for the love! It's ok if you don't have a huge social life, I don't either, and I'm perfectly fine with it. And I can assure you no one is rolling their eyes when you talk here. We all love ya!! I am really surprised with myself with all of the exercise. I don't know what has gotten into me. I guess my desire to lose the weight and get healthy and the motivation I have all around me with you guys, my IG, my friend who is a Beach Body Coach...Nothing but positive vibes all around me. I really think I'm going to knock it out of the park this time!!

I am pretty excited about tomorrow..DH suggested that we go to the beach for a walk!!! He is very deficient in vitamin D because of his hormone problems so he really needs to get as much natural vitamin D as possible. Now that the weather is beginning to be nice, that's when we really try to get out in the sun and go for walks. I'm hoping he wants to do this more regularly. His eating has gotten better, but it isn't perfect. I'm noticing that he has lost a little weight probably. Every time I tell him it looks like his belly isn't as bloated he doesn't really get upset, but he doesn't believe me. I told him he should get on the scale just to see, but he won't, and I'm not going to force him. I'm sure if I keep eating the way I am, that he'll start to eat even better. He practically eats everything I cook for dinner now, but will still have his mashed potatoes and pasta for some meals that I wouldn't want that, like spaghetti or for instance tonight with our stuffed peppers. I think it's ok, I just wish he would look at his portion size with that kind of stuff. His doctor told him several months back he was pre-diabetic but it almost seems like he isn't going to care until it's too late. But at least he's doing a lot better than he was.

Anyway, I'm going to stop gabbing! LOL!! I hope everyone has an awesome evening!!! Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in and I'm hoping for a good loss!!
  • Sam vitamin d helps so much! I was deficient too, so now I get outside as much as I can.

betsey & Ubee I didn't know I could not nibble either! It's empowering though. It's my new goal to stop completely.

Got down to 371 yesterday, and even after dinner at Red Lobster I maintained it today. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me tomorrow!

We did a crazy amount of walking yesterday so I got lots exercise. Found a great antique store too. Great day, now back to the weight loss!
  • Just a quick check in for today...I'm down 3 lbs this week. Getting ready to have brunch with DH and head out to the beach for a walk!! Still need to take my measurements today too. Hope everyone has an awesome sunday!!
  • Good Afternoon!
    Sam and Silent you are both so close to getting under 300! Yipeee!
    Jane get ready to say HELLO to a new decade!
    Just a quick "Hello" and "We can do this!" today.
    Busy day and going to get a walk in.
    I want to lose weight and I will!
  • Good morning all. Still raining here, but we're supposed to have some warmer, sunny days soon......the yard awaits!

Sam Yoo Hoo on the 3 pounds! Hope the walk on the beach got that vitamin D going. Sounds like not only are you getting healthier, but it's spilling over to your guy even if he isn't really acknowledging it.
    Jane You're going to be hitting the 360s soon -- way to go. Sounds like you've had a great weekend. Should we make signs for our kitchen that say Nibble Free Zone?
    Ubee How well I remember when those first really warm days would arrive in the Midwest. I think everyone who was mobile would end up outside for a celebration of having survived another winter -- which was truly a bad one for you all this year. Hope that Mt. Washmore gets conquered today.....mine is done, but then I only have to wash for one person. Glad that Wild Woman is back and for giving me a boost on not rationalizing. I need to spend less time thinking through this and more time doing.
    Silent Arctic YOU ARE NOT A FRAUDSTER. Sorry for the shouting, but wanted to make sure you heard that. The blood work is worrisome, but the next readings may be back in the healthy range. And you know we all hope that diabetes is not diagnosed. The hemoglobin levels may explain a whole lot of what you've been feeling lately. The main thing is you're doing the right thing by going to the doctor, figuring out what's what. Glad to see that your social life is picking back up. I've always been in awe of how busy you stay, and you haven't posted much about it lately. Hang in there. We all care about you.

Nothing got done around here yesterday other than I decided that a rainy day deserved at least an hour of reading my murder mystery. I ended up falling asleep in the recliner and slept for 4 hours. I was able to sleep last night, so guess I had just worn myself out doing who knows what. Much more committed today in all ways. One of the things I am learning from this is that not only do I have to eat right, but that my mood, energy levels, etc. really impact how well I do. I am beginning to be convinced that being healthy means you love yourself as much as you love others. Doesn't turn us into selfish, self-centered people, but it does allow us to put enough focus on getting healthy through eating better and exercise and just not letting ourselves get to the exhaustion point. OK, on those pearls of what are probably obvious to everyone else words of wisdom, I shall go make a taco salad.
  • Betsy ~ Nope there isnt a campus associated with my school

Silent ~ Yeah my walks having been going good.

Ubee ~ Thanks, I agree that life important lessons arent taught in real school, I enjoy volunteering.

I havent walked today but I walked around the mall for 3 hours with Scott yesterday so I think that makes up for not walking today but I'll be sure to walk again tomorrow.
  • Hello everyone. I started my weight loss program this time weighing 316.8. This is the most I have ever weighed. I am happy to say that I am back under the 300 lb mark after 6 weeks of Ideal Protein. Has anyone else done this program? If so, how long was it before you started having trouble loosing the weight or started loosing very slowly.
  • Back after the weekend.

Geeez, it really goes by fast. The missus and I spent several hours at the car dealership buying a new mini cooper clubman! Should be a fun commuter car for me.

Weight is fairly static this week, though. Down slightly, but so little its best to consider it the same as last week.

Hazelnut is brewing, and making the office smell GREAT!

Have a great day!

Dean
  • Good Morning!
    Dean nice ride!
    Welcome rmcjaug! Congrats on the loss!
    Terra 3 hours in the mall is a lot of walking! Good job! How is the calorie counting going? Are you finding it managable to stay with in your range?
    Betsy thank you for your post. I was feeling a little down today. You are so right about how are mood is so important! Also it is important to take the time and energy to take care of our selves!
    Scale is stuck at 261. I guess I am going to have to put in more effort.
    Have a peaceful day!
  • Well to be fair, I didn't nibble while I cooked yesterday. (Just grazed the rest of the day). What did I get for my trouble? A 1.8 gain this morning, pushing the 360's back even further! grrrr!!!!!

Back to behaving myself today. Got work big wigs coming, so I should probably go get ready fairly soon. Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning all. There's some weird big yellow thing up in the sky. I think I remember it being referred to as "the sun" but it's been so long since we've seen it without a cloud in front of it that I can't be sure. Obviously if I were John Denver, I would have written sunshine on my shoulders makes me loopy. Now the big debate.......go up to the mountain or get something done around here.

Jane Hang in there. After maintaining at your weight for a year, it's going to fight you for every ounce you want to lose for awhile. And, then, of course, when you're ready to just chuck it all, you'll suddenly have a big whoosh for no reason. I really do believe that our bodies hit set points and they don't change from them easily. Good luck with the big wigs in town today. Will the result of their visit be that you'll finally know what's up at work? The stress from that can be having an impact, too.
    Ubee It will come unstuck. And I'll be happy to share my sun caused nuttiness with you. It's hard to take care of ourselves because we're always so busy taking care of everyone else. Not sure that we'll ever be in the first position, but we deserve to at least be on the list!
    Dean Neat new car and it will make the commute more enjoyable (hopefully!). Enjoy that coffee.
    rmcjaug Welcome! Sounds like you're making great progress. Don't think anyone on here is on Ideal Protein, but there are other threads devoted to the plan.
    Terra 3 hours in the mall would definitely count as a walk for me. Heck, it would count as a marathon.

Finally got the taco salad fixed, and it was great and very low in calories. The house is in desperate need of cleaning, so that's going to happen today and then hit the yard when it's had a chance to dry out a little tomorrow. Love the days getting longer and warm weather coming. Hate all the spring cleaning work in the house and yard that's associated with it. Oh well, I need to look on it as good exercise, something that I struggled horribly doing a year ago, and items that can come off the to do list. Have a great day everyone.