Hi, I'm new here

• Good Evening everyone! I'm new here (obviously). I wrote on the Bio post but just wanted to give a little more info more info about my goals and why I'm here. I need support. I tried Weight Watchers, but I didn't like going to meetings. I am much more an online person, but I need people to be accountable to who understand and relate to my struggles.
    I have dieted so many times, only to give up and gain back more each time. This week I feel like its different. I started on Monday. I just want to feel better. I'm tired of being fat and running out of energy. I'm tired of my knees and back hurting, and I'm tired of being judged for my weight. I miss playing softball. I want to get on an airplane without the looks of disgust from people hoping that they aren't stuck sitting next to the fat lady.

I have a brand new nephew, just a few weeks old and I never want him to be embarrassed of me. I want to take him to do all the fun things that my aunts used to do with me. I also want to try snowboarding with my husband,and be able to fit in a snow suit that I don't have to special order. I want my ankles to fit in our wakeboard so I can try that too.

My husband is very supportive but he has the metabolism of my dreams and a sweet tooth that could only be satisfied in a place like Willie Wonka's chocolate factory. So while he says all the right things, getting him to skip dessert or keep the sweets out of the house isn't always the easiest. He is the ultimate enabler, and I have pretty bad will power. We are both working on those things though.

I'm an emotional eater, I eat when I'm mad, sad, happy, well yea, I pretty much just eat. I have decided that my focus is going to be on portion control and calorie counting. We have an elliptical in our house that up until now has been used more for a laundry drying rack than a piece of exercise equipment.

But here I am, ready to change. This week has gone surprisingly well. I am tracking my food on my fitness pal and I have done the elliptical every day so far, except today but I'm on it after this post! I've been doing 10-15 minutes a day this week, and plan on building up from there. I'm trying not to weigh in till Monday so that I won't be tempted to slack off this weekend. Weekends are hardest for me. With my work and school schedule during the week, I can keep myself pretty regimented.

Well now I guess I have rambled long enough! Hope to get to know some of you here soon.

Thanks for reading,
    Tracey
    Starting Weight 313
    Goal by Memorial Day Lake House Trip with Friends: 290
    Goal by November trip to the Caribbean: 250
  • Welcome and good luck with your program.

You sound like you do have your work cut out for you with a husband like that lol. Maybe you could find a gentle way to punish him if he offers you sweets as an extra incentive for him to help you.

You have so many good reasons to lose weight. I wish you much success.

You'll find reading some of the articles on nutrition wonderland website interesting. They are about hormones that influence our appetites such as seratonin, insulin, leptin and even dopamine. I found them very interesting and useful. It will give you insight into why you are always hungry.

Bear in mind as you are increasing your exercise that weight loss should be about 80% diet and 20 % exercise. Not that there is anything wrong with doing more exercise than that but it can be hard to keep up in the long term. I have always found it so. There are some people who can keep doing but many who can't.

Getting my diet into an excellent position for maintenance is my preoccupation. Though i do intend to get fit again and in fact talking about one activity on another thread has motivated me to start sooner than i intended. One of the things i'm doing is quitting sweets which i love too much. But they are the death of me. It takes a while to get ones head around that and you may not need to. you might be able to learn to eat sweets in moderation. I wish i could.
  • Welcome 2 The Forum, When you feel like it Join us in the 300+ Chat Thread for March.
  • Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you with us & look forward to getting to know more about you and follow your success.

Quote: My husband is very supportive but he has the metabolism of my dreams and a sweet tooth that could only be satisfied in a place like Willie Wonka's chocolate factory. So while he says all the right things, getting him to skip dessert or keep the sweets out of the house isn't always the easiest. He is the ultimate enabler, and I have pretty bad will power. We are both working on those things though.

I'm an emotional eater, I eat when I'm mad, sad, happy, well yea, I pretty much just eat.
    I could have written this part of your post myself, so I am familiar with some of your struggles.

You have a good plan in place and some great goals. I wish you the best in your weight loss journey!!