Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #166  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ My favorite veggies are Artichokes,Mushrooms,Carrots,Cauliflower,Yellow Squash,Zucchini,Green Beans,Spinach,Potatoes,Cabbage and Pickled Okra. Yeah I like trying new foods.

silent ~ Yeah I would of been annoyed if someone kept knocking on my door if I didnt answer after awhile.

Beatrice ~ Welcome 2 The Thread, I hope you like it here

~Erin~ ~ Thats exciting that your gonna have a news crew interview you and your family. Please let us know how it went

Fiona ~ Yeah your right, If I dont get all 3 walks in every day, I at least get 1 or 2 in for sure. I would be excited about being able to going for walks again too, I hope your able too after your appt. on the 25th.

Dean and Jane ~ HELLO TO THE BOTH OF YOU

I havent walked today because Tuesday's are our running errands day so I wont get my walk in until tonight but Friday I'll be home all day so I'll be able to get at least 2 of my walks in if not all 3. Im excited to go to my meetings this week, I havent seen everyone since the last meeting which was last month so Im looking forward to seeing everyone. Im also going to another meeting on Thursday as well.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-18-2014 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 366/356/225

Ubee - thanks for the tips on pre-cooked food. I hear you on the freezer meals - I can never make them work (and get bored fast... ) But keeping some cooked protein and veggies and misc condiments around would be awesome. I see some creative stir fries ahead.

Also, totally can attest to healthy fats helping your mood - If anyone wants to chat more about the food/mood topic, I have plenty to share on that.

Dean - coconut coffee? yum. I'm a fan of pretty much anything coconut

Beatrice - Hello! I'm new here too and about the same h/w as well. Glad to hear your plan is going well.

Terra - Three walks a day sounds like a great (but difficult) plan. How long do you walk for? Where do you go?

As far as my week, had a bit of a bumpy road Sunday and Monday. Old habits die hard. Didn't eat much on Sunday and had an unfortunate encounter with a pizza that evening because I was so hungry. On Monday, I realized I'm still in the habit of grabbing a "treat" after work, and that habit is going to be a nasty one to break. I got some healthy meals that I can just heat up to avoid the post-work sugar-scavenging. We'll see how that goes.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #168  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinflight View Post
Beatrice - Hello! I'm new here too and about the same h/w as well. Glad to hear your plan is going well.
Hello and thank you, H&W buddy!

Sorry, my plan hasn't really 'worked' yet! I just changed my profile to reflect my current weight as my starting weight instead of my highest weight because I know that was confusing. I hit a plateau years ago and then slowly started regaining some of the weight I've lost, so although I'm still down from my original highest weight, I just today figured out my current plan, joined this forum, and re-dedicated myself to the journey, so I'm considering my weight today (360) my new (re)starting point!

I agree about the coconut coffee and coconut anything! Yum!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 366/356/225

Beatrice - H&W buddy - I hear you on the ups and downs. Glad you have a plan you like though, that makes it much easier.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:42 AM   #170  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

backinflight— I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on how food affects moods. I'm bipolar, so mood issues are no small concern for me. I'm doing the Atkins induction diet these days, and I find my moods are much more stable than in the bad ol' days when I used to eat sugary sweets nearly every day and my moods were all over the map.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning!

Starting the day with a protein bar and some coffee... Just the standard hazelnut today.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #172  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Good Morning everyone! The interview went great! My daughter was awesome!! I on the other hand was so nervous! Can not to find out when it airs. Going to head outside early this morning and try some walking. Figure I can walk the driveway while my DD waits for the bus. Normally I just watch from the window, but time for a small change
Old 02-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Dean please pass the coffee. This might be a full pot day. Oh I just remembered I have peppermint creme coffee! OK put a fresh pot on. I don't think I am allowed flavored coffees so I will have to see how it goes.
Erin so glad your families day of fame went well! Good for you for being so brave and fighting for what needs to be done! Love the idea of walking while waiting for the bus. Every bit counts.
Beatrice glad you are recommitting! I feel like most of us have to continue to recommitt/focus from time to time. Great job losing so much weight! Your plan sounds similar to Larrys volumetrics. I always tease that he has a magic scale because it always goes down.
Backinflight I find that many foods were affecting my mood. At the end of every day I could fly around on a broom. I'm not sure old habits ever die. Mine are always lurking.
Terra glad to see you like so many veggies and trying new foods. Now, do you like to cook?
Fi love how you inhaled the positive energies instead of cookies. Like the collage and thanks for letting us know what it says. I miss Betsy too. She always knows the right thing to say. When does your adventure with your great nephew start?
Silent I understand blah. If it weren't for you guys I would be a goner. Nobody wants to talk about weightloss in the real world. You are not screwing up you are learning. We are all a work in progress.
OK tasted my coffee and let's just say I over paid fot it and it cost .99.
Sometimes I get so content in life that I forget to strive for better. I need to think of a visual prompt to remind me to push through and get this weight off. Maybe a picture of what one pound of fat looks like???
What do you all do/use to stay motivated?
Old 02-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Fi - Glad you are slowly coping . Friend loss really affects me too. Just know your not alone in that. PS I am totally banking on spring sunshine for its mood boost affect.

Terra - Your doing so fab

Backinflight - I hear ya. I desperately need to do some cooking I've eaten all the meals I've frozen so now I'm back to scrambling to figure out dinner.

Dean - I haven't had hazelnut in a while. mmm flavored coffees. I should treat myself soon.

erin - So glad you had a good experience, and are finding small ways to add activity to your day.

So tired, didn't sleep again until 1am this is getting to be annoying. But last night was alright, went to a coffee house that some of my aquaintances were performing in. It was "open mic" but I think most people had practiced at the soundcheck on sunday. It was a decent time and got to see an old friend whos in town for a couple days for work so that was nice. We're suppose to try and meet up for lunch at some point but she's pretty busy. I need to remember to ask them for NO bacon bits and cheese on my salad if we do go out for lunch. Salads at restaurants are sneaky that way *glare*
Old 02-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #175  

Trapped on a lengthy conference call... Ready for a bit of lunch...

Turkey burger and fruit might do the trick. Local joint called Cafe 4 in Market Square...

Dean
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #176  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
What do you all do/use to stay motivated?
Well, trying to change my habits this time around...so now I'm determined to focus on how I feel and my measurements instead of just that number on the scale. I've always heard from others how important it is to look at your measurements when you feel your losses are 'slow' and I never have, time to change that.

Also, I've got clothing in about three different sizes in my closet...trying to keep a few pieces one size smaller than my current size toward the front as a sort of daily motivator!

My lunch today was boring but fast...PB and banana on Arnold health-full nutty grain bread. I've purchased only this kind of bread for over a year now and our store just discontinued it, when my current loaf is gone I guess that's it! It's probably a sign that I should stop eating bread like seemingly everyone else in the world, but I don't know if I'm ready for that hurdle yet...
Old 02-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #177  

Hmmm, not sure I can completely give up bread. Limit yes-give up, no...

I can restrict sweets almost to nothing, but bread is harder to do. I AM a sucker for peanut butter, though(in moderation because of the points).

Dean
Old 02-19-2014, 10:00 PM   #178  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Whooo...'just did my 600 leg lifts for the day, and I'm trashed. I didn't do my exercises for several days there, then I pulled a muscle in my back while raking leaves, so I had to postpone them for a few days more. It's hard work gettin' back in the habit.

I'm doin' great in general, but I'm not sleeping very well. Every night I'm up 'til 3 AM, 4 AM, even later, 'cause I just can't get to sleep. That's one thing I don't like about avoiding carbohydrates...and I've been especially vigilant lately, because I really want to see a good number on the scale on the 22nd, my birthday.

Dean— I know what you mean about bread...I haven't eaten it in many months, and I miss French bread in particular: brie just isn't the same without spreading it on that crunchy crust and soft interior.

Beatrice— Gosh, I envy you that you only have clothes in three different sizes. I have clothes that start at size 12 and go all the way up to 5X! My T-shirt collection alone takes up a lot of space. I'm a bit of a clothes hoarder, I guess: I just can't bear to part with cute clothes that have nothing wrong with them except I haven't fit in them since the 1980s. Ubee asked about motivation: that's one of my biggest motivators, because every time I go to get something to wear, I'm confronted by this huge mass of clothes that don't fit me. It's embarrassing! I can't wait for the day when my clothes will fit neatly in one closet and a chest of drawers, and I'll get back a whole bunch of badly needed storage space. Oh, and you're absolutely right that your measurements and how you feel are so much more important than that silly 3-digit number (despite what I said above about the 22nd).

Ubee— Reasons I have to be motivated? Well, I just mentioned my clothes storage problem...

Here's a short list of other motivations, in random order:
—turning 60 in one year
—possibility that I have a heart condition
—strong desire to avoid getting Type 2 diabetes
—knees: I injured one of them 2 years ago, and it's still kind of hinky.
—living in a 2-story house: I want to float up the stairs.
—being annoyed by my belly fat
—getting tired easily while doing the least little bit of physical activity
—like dancing! I love dancing to rock-n-roll: I want to have stamina again.
—travel: I want to fit easily in airplane seats.
—getting back some semblance of my hourglass figure: I used to have a small waist.
—wish to be able to move around my crowded studio more easily
—wish to be able to stand up for longer at a rock concert or in an art museum
—it'd be nice to have an avatar with my face, instead of the Bride of Frankenstein.
—being more comfortable about meeting my online friends in person
—wearing my old silver jewelry: rings, bracelets, short necklaces
—making it so my sweet husband doesn't have to worry about my health
Old 02-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Yesterday was interesting. Our Shriner's Club had a social with a 50's style sock hop theme. We had a soda fountain and I was the soda jerk. I spent all evening scooping ice cream and making sundaes, floats and milk shakes. Now for the strange part, although I love ice cream I resisted and did not have any. Not even the tiniest bite I am calling that an NSV for me I finished the day yesterday at a very low 738 calories.

Today was also a good day for me and my calories were more reasonable today at 1,227
Old 02-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #180  

Larry-sounds like a HUGE victory to me... ice cream is a pretty big temptation...

Fi-I think you could put brie on a SHOE and it would taste good.

I will admit, I'm conducting a meeting with my employees today, and brought donuts... I'm having ONE... And then I'll call myself names the rest of the day, LOL.

Have a great day,

Dean
Closed Thread