Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Ubee - So I did only a little housework, at least the entry way is livable and while its not CLEAN I wouldn't cry if someone saw my livingroom , be embarassed still but... I wouldnt' feel the urge to cry Of course there is still the rest of the house that needs lotsa TLC as well. I'm not sure but Ubee is there a varriance in your activity levels? Or maybe hormones? I don't know I am simultaneously never full but never 'starving' until I start to eat and then I just can't get enough ever I have to pull myself back by sheer force of will and stop the eating. :-| I think maybe I'm just not self aware enough to 'feel' the hunger properly. I don't know if I ever will be. I'm working on it...

Larry - I'm glad you figured it out and caught it intime to take your water pill! go Ubee for being helpful! Glad others understand it, especially which you'll see below as lots of "big dates" are coming up for me. Vacation, bloodwork (I'd like to see lower trigliceride and cholesterol numbers).

So here's why I'm feeling a deadline:

18 days to beach vacation.
34 days to health appointment/bloodwork
52 days until my birthday :-|

I wish I could just set targets but I know my body doesn't work that way. I would LOVE to be under 300lbs by my beach vacation but that's not very realistic. 18 days is not a lot of time to lose 10lbs when you've already ditched alot of the water weight etc. I'll admit it its still a dream... and might be the small chance of acheiving that that rules my choice the next 3 weeks.

We shall see, I have to workout tonight and then maybe (not likely) chip away a little more at my housework. Unless I have to work late, I hope that doesn't interfere with my workout plans I will be a grumpy chick if that happens for certain.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #242  
Technology for the Loss

S/C/G: 372/346/330

Height: 6 feet even

Ubee - It does seem like that sometimes. Like one day, I find I will easily feel full after one meal. The next day, I don't feel as satisfied. I guess it's just the rocking until my body gets adjusted......

Larry - How does water retention affect your body? Just trying to understand more about the water thing...

silent - Found out through the radio the Olympics was closing. Shows you how connected I've been to this lol. On another note, I'm beginning to feel like I should stop doing this daily weigh in. It's been good to understand weight fluctuations around TOM but mentally it makes you focus even more on the weight loss journey and your current lbs. Weekly or semi weekly weigh in is better I'm leaning toward....

Nneedovmotivation - Welcome! I'm new here too and have found everyone to be supportive and learning a lot from everybody. We're all in the same boat trying to get onto another one lol

I'm happy my weight is going back down again

Last edited by gurlnextgen; 02-25-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Silent entry way done and living room good enough sounds like a job well done. I think people find my house relaxing because it is not something found in a magazine but more like great grandmas. Everything is used or loved. I used to be like that where I would eat a massive amount of food before I would feel full. Two minutes later I would be thinking of what would be my next food victim. You are going on a beach vacation? Please have a pina colada for me! I know you are private but can you share what part of the world. Where is Betsy? She would be thrilled to know you are going on a vacation! Your birthday is right before our wedding anniversary. Hopefully I will remember yours. I knew Fi's as on the 22nd but I thought it landed on Tues. Hope you get your work out in. Don't want you to be grumpy!
gurl that scale can be a bugger if we give it too much power. I used to weigh weekly until I stalled now I weigh daily to try to figure foods out. Fi weighs in once a month. Find what works for you and don't be afraid to keep switching everything in your plan until you find peace.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #244  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey folks, I'm busy-busy-busy with replying to mail, since it's the last week of the Month of Letters challenge, but I wanted to report that I finally got to see the cardiologist today, and guess what!! the results of that ultra-stressful stress test I had last month are normal, normal, and more normal!

Now that dancing carrot is the first animated image I've ever used, so you know how truly thrilled I am to hear that my ticker is in tip-top shape. And the cardiologist even ooh-ed and ahh-ed over my weight loss since the last time I saw him. So whatever the deal was with that chest pain I had in early January, apparently I have nothing to worry about. Even Bob was happy, and he's clinically depressed!

I'll be back after I make it through this pile o' mail...
Old 02-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Fi!
I got a good laugh about even Bob being happy!
Old 02-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurlnextgen View Post
Larry - How does water retention affect your body? Just trying to understand more about the water thing...
gurlnextgen The affect really depends upon what is causing the retention . Retention of water in addition to weight gain also manifests itself as a swelling of part or all of the human body. This swelling is called edema and it can be mild or severe. It can be caused by something as simple as too much sodium (salt) consumption or it can be caused by one of several more serious conditions such as congestive heart failure. There are two kinds of edema. If you take your finger or thumb and press fairly hard on a swollen area, in my case my ankles, hold that pressure for a minute and then let go. If a noticeable depression remains where you were pressing, you have pitting edema. The more serious conditions are frequently but not always associated with pitting edema. The Mayo Clinic has good reliable information on this subject at http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...s/con-20033037

Last edited by Larry H; 02-25-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:40 PM   #247  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Yeah yesterday was so nice but today has turned really cold and they are calling for snow tonight but Im just hoping we dont get alot. Nope I didnt find any good finds or interesting veggies but Im always on the look out for both.

Larry ~ Yeah I know walking while shopping is a good work out but I use the shopping cart when Im shopping cause I dont have very good balance due to my C.P. but I know I would get a better work out by not holding on to the cart though.

Today I havent got any walking in because we've been running errands since 7:15 am this morning but I'll be sure to walk tonight before bed. We didnt get done with errands until 3:00 pm this afternoon.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-25-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra1984 View Post
Larry ~ Yeah I know walking while shopping is a good work out but I use the shopping cart when Im shopping cause I dont have very good balance due to my C.P. but I know I would get a better work out by not holding on to the cart though.
I have a niece with C.P. so I know your challenge with walking. My hat is off to you and a well done for using a shopping cart instead of an electric cart. I think using a cart may actually be more exercise. You have to push them, they are not self propelled.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 PM   #249  
Turning Into A New Woman

Larry ~ Oh okay Im glad Im actually getting more exercise by walking with the cart
Old 02-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Glad to hear everyone is staying strong!

Starting the day encouraged, and hope everyone is the same.

Fi and Terra-good work for the both of you. So glad to hear about the positive results, and glad you're keeping on track...

Didn't check the scale today, still going to try to weigh once a week on Sundays. Just too much excitement for me if I check it once a day(I go up and down and up and down, etc., LOL).

Dean
Old 02-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #251  
Turning Into A New Woman

Dean ~ Yeah Im glad Im keeping on track also

I dont have time to walk this morning but I'll walk at 2:30 pm and again tonight before bed.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:51 AM   #252  

Fi - Yeah glad you you go good news!

Ubee - Thanks for the encouragment. Ps shhh I'm going to cuba for a friends wedding so it'll be funtimes with a fun group of people and should be easy to continue to lose weight there. I'm pretty sure I did the last time I was there, the food in general isn't appetizing to entice me to overeat. I might even bring some food with me this time, like fiber cereal bars for breakfast or something because I usually am too lazy to go eat buffet breakfast.

gurl - You have to do whats right for you if weighing less often makes you more sane then totally do that. Me I need the daily weigh ins to keep me accountable. I never notice my clothes feeling tighter and I see the same person in the mirror through at least a 70lb range. My mind is kind/deceptive that way . In one way its great because I haven't let my obesity stop me from pretending I have a normal life in most ways.

So I tried to be active last night, I did a half assed job at step class, but I stayed through belly dance (I'm so uncoordinated) and tried the Kangoo shoes. I was so tired I for once didn't have too much trouble going to bed at 11 O clock at night. I think I'll stay through at work tonight though, I didn't pack my workout gear even though I probably should try the zumba class tonight, I most likely won't

The exciting thing is they are going to try and open a fitness center here the grand opening is suppose to be this weekend as Pricey as it is I'm buying a membership. Even though I have lots of other stuff going on its another thing to add to my list of 'options'. I know my activity levels need to increase anyhow. I don't do enough to make up for my sedentary lifestyle. So hard with a desk job!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 356/356/225

Height: 5'9

New and jumping in here. I am curious how much water everyone is drinking daily? I have heard 64 ounces is a base and being overweight you should actually drink more. Is this true?

Is this ok to talk about in the chat thread? Is there something more specific y'all talk about?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:16 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Good morning all. Yes, I'm still amongst the living and am sssssooooooo glad to finally have enough time to myself to get to post again. I tried to read all the posts from the last time I was on, but am watching the clock as my BIL will be by soon for me to put on his TED hose for him.

Since last update whenever -- my BIL is making wonderful progress. The PT guy has told him to exercise LESS. They tell you to do the exercises 3 times a day or 2 times when you have PT. Well, he is serious about this, so he was doing just that. The physical therapist said that they tell patients that hoping that they'll at least do the exercises once a day. So, they've told him to back off a little. Staples are out, he decided on Saturday to move home on Sunday (across the street), so I'm sort of getting back into a more normal groove. Still have to drive him everywhere and take him to all his appointments and as I mentioned help him put on his TED hose, but at 3+ weeks, he's walking with a cane and almost off of the pain pills completely. He was a wonderful patient -- we didn't have a single spat although I was absolutely exhausted from all the fetch and carry and dog sitting and toting. I have discovered that I would make a lousy nurse!

And on the diet front, I didn't lose much in the month, but at least didn't gain any either. I've ordered the Volumetrics books that Larry suggested -- interesting approach and maybe one I can live with.

Lots of new people on here in addition to our faithful group. It was great to try to catch up, and hopefully I'll be able to get back in the groove of writing a lot more frequently. My BIL goes for his checkup on the 14th so I'm hoping he'll be released to drive by then. Considering that he about shot me across the room with the leg press into the exercise ball maneuver, I'd say he has the strength to slam on the brakes if needed.

Sorry I didn't do individual ones. Glad to catch that Fi and Ubee both came through your own physical trials AOK!
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #255  

Amber - we talk about whatever we want to So it's fine . I personally don't remember to track my fluid intake, I just drink what I feel like. More on some days, less on others, I drink a couple glasses in the AM and before bed, and then the rest whenever I feel like it {Pre workout, during workout... etc}. That's what works for me.

Betsy!!! Yeah glad to hear from you.
Closed Thread