Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 01:14 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Hye guys so 308.8 screw it I updated lol. I've seen it enough and if I can see that after what I ate yesterday then my body obviously thinks its real. I had a killer breakfast with bacon and eggs during olympic closing ceremonies. And then at enachos and wings and chicken skewers and just way too much stuff in the afternoon evening. So yeah I must 'really' be around 308. I'm good with that.

I slept in this morning I was about to leave for work and got a message that we are shut down due to extreme weather conditions which honestly worked out for me I needed the extra sleep I was still tired because I woke up super early yesterday to watch the hockey game. I slept over at a friends so we could watch the game together in the AM, we went back to sleep after and then made brunch during closing it was fun.

Then went to another friends to "stitch" and then our usual walking dead sunday plans. Even though I didn't do anything exciting it was a full weekend. The R&R I'll get today because of thew eather is fine by me!

ubee- No mojo I tried for a little bit though but I get so distracted. A friend called with the hockey watching plan and it didn't take much for me to say "sure! let me pack an overnight bag" lol.

gurlnextgen - Welcome, yeah I try not to let the fluctuations bother me or I'd go nutty. As long as you know you've been sticking to your plan that helps too.

Erin - good to see you so positive

Terra - Keep on walk-starrin it

pkstracy - thats so awesome, I probably should but won't adupt a lot of those habits.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #227  

I am so tempted to crash diet. I won't, but gosh the temptation is there. Knowing that if I just did something like a master cleanse I'd probably see number close to ifnot below 300 is very tempting. I am smart
enough to know thats not a long term solution but if I can't admit to you guys that the thoughts are THERE who else can I admit them to. Don't worry I've eaten today and have plans for supper as well. I just want this desperately. It feels like its JUST out of my reach. I'm scared that its going to take so long that I get discouraged.

Off to shake these thoughts away by dancing to music (try and make myself do some housework but lets be realistic I'll mostly just dance around like a crazy person) and probably watch a funny movie.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!
Silent,so happy you are moving on down! Sundays meals sound like you might want to try Atkins. If anyone wants to try it read the book first. Most people do it wrong. It is not all bacon and steaks. There are these strange things called veggies you have to eat. Jersey Girl runs the Atkins forum on here and she is great. Funny you mention the crash diet. Sometimes we just want it now. I was just reading up on them and it is so tempting but I think I am starting to figure this one out so I am curious to see how this week goes. You will not get discouraged because I will be right here along side you plodding along.
pkstracy I do part time flylady. Not perfect but progress. I love her. Good job on your two pounds! FYI there are no "rules" about having to respond to everyone just do what you are comfortable with. Some of us do better when we are more active plus we like to
Terra our Walk-Star what are you having for your breakfast supper tonight? How warm is your weather getting to be?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #229  

Ubee - No atkins for me, it was actually not a very atkinsy day for me. With breakfast there was also an orange and toast. And the nachos I had in the afternoon were all carbs. So no... not my style. Honestly I'm more likely today during this storm day to cook up some sort of quinoa and broccoli (cuz thats what I have in my pantry) caserole that I'll eat for the next 4 days. That's IF I clean my kitchen I set a timer and gave myself 20 minutes to get my entry way livable which sounds kinda pathetic but its the first thing people see. I never have anyone over but if friend comes to pick me up for something at least the place they would stand to wait is now , not completely horrifying. Mini break time and then maybe I'll tackle another 20 minute task and just try and do as many mini jobs as I can to break it up. I'm not good at marathon style cleaning where I clean for hours on end.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #230  

Silent I do 15 minutes at a time. Getting started is the hardest. Also not getting side tracked is a close second. In my house the first room is the living room and I do the same. I could never have an open concept home.
How cold is it that YOU have to stay home? You are way tougher then the rest of us. Thanks for not rubbing in the hockey medal. We drove by a Canadian flag yesterday and lets just say my husband is a sore loser.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I had no weight loss or gain this week.

My body must be in an adjustment period. I had a calorie deficit every day
and I have been really careful to keep my sodium intake low.

This is my daily calories and my daily average for this past week.

Monday 825 calories
Tuesday 738 calories
Wednesday 1,227 calories
Thursday 979 calories
Friday 1,914 calories
Saturday 1,595 calories
Sunday 893 calories

My daily calorie average for the week is 1,167

I also had a significant calorie burn from exercise that is not included.

Last edited by Larry H; 02-24-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #232  

Larry hang in there it will come off. Keep doing what you are doing. Are you retaining fluid? How are your ankles looking? Any shortness of breath? Are you drinking enough water?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #233  

Thumbs up Im in need of motivation (Nneedovmotivation)

I have always been a plus size chick . But as of the last couple of years I have gained nearly 100+ pounds. I had a baby in 2011 and I can no longer use the excuse of "babyfat" lol . I'm married to a loving husband who wouldn't care if I was 125 or 325. The problem now is within me . I feel fat. I don't feel sexy and I want to make a change. I feel like I need support of people who can relate. I'm just in the need of a lil motivation.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Larry hang in there it will come off. Keep doing what you are doing. Are you retaining fluid? How are your ankles looking? Any shortness of breath? Are you drinking enough water?
Ubee - You nailed it! I pressed my ankles and sure enough I have pitting edema. That is a sure sign that I am retaining fluid. I had not checked because I was real good at keeping my sodium low. Evidently something is going on. As a cardiac bypass patient I will keep close track of this edema.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #235  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

pkstracy & Nneedovmotivation ~ Welcome 2 The Forum and this thread

silent ~ Thanks, Will do

Ubee ~ Well I went ahead and made Chicken Alfredo with Angel Hair Pasta instead,The weather today got up to the 50 degrees but its been even warmer lately. How's the weather where you live?

I wasnt able to get my 2:30 walk in today cause mom wanted to go shopping when she got home and when she call and told me to be ready by the time she got home I didnt have time to walk then I just had enough time to get ready but Im still gonna walk tonight before bed. I hope everyone is having a lovely night

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-24-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #236  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

Wow Larry, that's one major calorie deficit you're working with! Hope your fluid issues get worked out and you have better WI results.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:19 AM   #237  

Needmotovation! hope you don't mind I changed your spelling but I am daft and it will be easier for me to remember. So what is your way of eating plan? Have you written down your non scale goals to help you when the scale gets stuck? The good news is they (whoever they are?) say the less time you have been carrying the weight the faster it should come off. Those loving husbands do make it easy to pile on the pounds! Do you like to exercise? Hope you don't mind all the questions but I am a chatty girl. Glad to have you join us and good luck!
Larry my husband has a zipper on his chest also. I woke up and thought Larry is a good reminder to keep a closer eye on him. It is time for him to start weighing daily again. Thanks for being a reminder! Good luck getting rid of that fluid!
Terra 50 degrees sounds like heaven especially if the sun is shinning! We are frigid. We should have a high of 9 degrees today. Better then Silent and Jane but not as nice as Larry. Guess you get the happy medium. Find any good buys while shopping? What about interesting veggies?
Bea I know you are a busy bee but how is it going?
Old 02-25-2014, 07:16 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Glad to hear everyone is working hard! As much as I struggle, its nice to know there are others struggling along with me.

Starting the day with "jelly donut" coffee again, and a protein bar. Still LOVE that smell.

Grilled some nice breakfast chops yesterday evening with orange, red, and yellow peppers sliced, and broccoli and cauliflower... Love the grill. Gives even rabbit food flavor!

Have a great day, and remember-we're rooting for you!

Dean
Old 02-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #239  

After no weight loss yesterday and reading Ubee's suggestions, I checked my ankles and found pitting edema. I was retaining water. My cardiologist has taken me off daily water pills and instructed me to take one only as needed if I noticed swelling, so I took one. Every hour on the hour all evening and all during the night I was in the bathroom. It worked.

I lost 4 pounds and my ankles are normal this morning.

silentarctic - I so understand your temptation to crash diet as I have those thoughts also. I am the type of guy that wants to develop the quality of patience, but I want to develop it NOW!! That kind of fits my dieting. Despite all the experts saying a slow and easy weight loss is the key to keeping it off, I am always looking for the magic wand instant fix.

Ubee - I am a Northern transplant to Florida. Being from the Buffalo, NY area right across the Niagara River from Canada I know that the last words of the Canadian and United States National Anthem is

.... DROP THE PUCK

Nneedovmotivation - Welcome, this is a great thread for support.

Terra1984 - I always found that shopping was a good opportunity for walking. I got into the habit of parking in the furthest spot from the door. My grandchildren always tease me that maybe I should park at a different shopping center and walk from there.

bubblybee - Thanks for your your kind words of encouragement

Ubee - Thank you for suggesting possibilities for me. You were the key to finding my edema. Take good care of your husband. I was told to weigh daily also but since I have been super strict with my sodium I seldom vary much. Last year I was not as strict and I gained 25 plus pounds of water weight in a single day on more than one occasion. My cardiologist said I was a very sodium sensitive person.

vwdeano - Grilled vegetables can be very tasty
Old 02-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #240  

Good Morning!
Larry you are welcome. I am trying to take good care of my husband without being to big of a nag. Glad you are OK. Love the "Drop the puck"! What is it like to gain 25 pounds in one day???
Dean I loved the "We're rooting for you!" comment. So true.
Kinda quiet on here. I am getting house work done today. Yup only because I am getting a visit from my daughters case manager. She is super nice and I only need to tidy it up. I am happy I met Flylady years ago!
Does anyone else find they are hungry one day and full the next? I don't mean starving but just more hungry. My daughter and I who follow our plan the strictist are like this. It is so strange because I used to be Starvin Marvin everyday. Just trying to figure it out.
All right let's focus and get rid of some weight!
Closed Thread