Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 304/283/190

Height: 5'11"

Starting the day with my usual coffee and a protein bar.

Sounds like everyone is doing well, hope everyone has a great day and a better weekend. We had some really wild thunderstorms last night, so the doggies were beside themselves most of the night. Makes it hard for the humans to get some sleep, LOL.

Take care,

Dean
Old 02-21-2014, 10:00 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Gonna need a lot of coffee today.
Dean unlike your doggies I love thunderstorms.
Erin I am so glad this storm missed us. My kids have not had a full week of school since before Thanksgiving. Everything warmed up enough to leave ice plus next week is supposed to be bitter cold. Make it stop! As for recipes I like the site yummly. Just put in low carb, low sugar, or whatever your thing is followed by what you are hungry for.
How is everyone doing?
Old 02-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #198  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ Nope your okay, Ask away, I LOVE answering questions, To answer your question Im doing good. You asked everyone how they were doing.

I walked last night and Im gonna do my best to walk this morning and then walk again later on tonight before bed, I would walk at 2:30 pm today but we have to go somewhere at that time so I wont be getting my 3 walks in today but at least I'll get 2 in.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #199  
rene

S/C/G: 338/321/170

Height: 5foot4

Smile Back again

It's been 3 years- my how the time flies. I'm back and ready to get serious. It's been quite a struggle for the last 3 years but I have learned many things and know it's my time to change.

Last edited by endthereign12; 02-21-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #200  

Welcome back Rene! Good luck and glad to have you joining us!
Terra glad you are doing well. I read that you had fried cabbage last night. It can be very healthy if you fry it in olive oil or coconut oil, even butter is not viewed as the sin it once was. Someone correct me if I am wrong but being pre diabetic I think carbs are what you need to avoid most.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Ubee - I still feel not in control ENOUGH. It's hard living a social (somewhat anyhow) life and maintaining eating habits. Most of the wintertime activities we do if not revolved around food at least have food present.

Erin - On Kale chips they are Tasty BUT they are not satisfying. You know what i mean like they would be a fun appetizer but I don't think I'd feel full or satisfied after eating them. They are a purely for-flavor food. I know they have some nutrients but they don't seem to contribute much at all to that "full"-ness feeling. At least not for me. But they are tasty and might safisfy a 'flavor' craving if thats what you miss about potato chips.

Dean sorry your pups kept you awak. Hoepfully you'll get a better nights sleep tonight.

Ubee-Terra - There are lots of resources for diabetics out there. Even if you don't have diabetes if you have a family history and sugar issues following the recommended diet changes would probably be helpful. There is the American and Canadian Diabetes associations that would have helpful ideas for adjusting your diet and so you can be informed. I really need to do this too considering my family history.
Welcome back Rene.

So I indulged I'm so frustrated, I really haven't seen one of my best friends much at ALL this year and so she skipped out on another comittment to make me dinner I couldn't say no. Home made fajitas, it was fabulous, home made shells and everything, she baked the chicken it was, as far as a fajita dinner goes actually fairly healthy versions of everything I indulged in some chips and dip as well though. And had a drink, I made her water it down but still. I also had afew cheetos when offered when other people came over post dinner. Oh my.

Such is life, I keep weighing myself daily, keeping it in check I guess. Still hovering within the 308 to 312 range most days so I'm leaving my tickers alone. Until I see consistent numbers below 310 theres no point in changing it.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everyone! Happy Friday!! WOO HOO!! Sorry I haven't been posting in here as much as I usually am. Time has been getting the best of me when it comes to getting on the computer after work. This week I have been having to run errands most days after I get out of work, so by the time I get home I end up having just enough time to make dinner, and exercise before I'm pooped and go to bed. I've missed you all and have been thinking about you guys.

This week I am feeling great!! I am completely dairy free now and gluten free! I've had more energy and have stayed on plan!! I've even exercised EVERY DAY this week!! I downloaded this workout video called Turbo Jam that is part of Beach Body that my friend told me about and it has all kinds of different cardio, abs, lower body, upper body workouts and core training. It has totally kicked my butt this week and TOM will be here any day now so I've been quite emotional too. I'm just happy my body is starting to get on track with its monthly cycle, two months in a row is HUGE for me.

This weekend I don't have much planned, DH is coming down with something and has had a fever today so I'm sure I'll be playing nurse for most of it. My BIL is supposed to be doing my first month check in on my personal training test. Honestly, I don't want to do it. Not because I don't want to exercise, but because after that first "personal training" test he hasn't done anything to keep on me about exercising, helping me train or anything that he claimed he was going to do. I've been doing it on my own. We are supposed to do it on Sunday. I just remembered while typing this my hair appointment is on Sunday so maybe that will get me out of doing it. I'm just to the point in my journey that I can do this on my own and don't feel that he's been much help and don't really feel like I need to give him the satisfaction. I know that may sound wrong of me to say, and I really appreciated his help in the beginning because it has gotten me this far, but if he is going to keep dropping off and only checking in with me once a month, it isn't really helping me. Anyway, let me step off my soap box lol...

I have noticed a HUGE change in my clothes. I'm fitting quite comfortably in my 2X shirts and most of my 3X shirts are hanging off of me. My size 24 pants are fitting quite comfortably too. Not really loose yet but I don't feel like I'm going to bust out of them anymore like I had been feeling before I started trying to lose weight. I must really be losing some serious inches even though I've only lost about 18 lbs. I think I'm going to switch my weigh in day to Sundays because I almost always forget to weigh in on Monday mornings since I have work. I've been feeling so good this week I hope it ends on a high note with a loss.

I got a balance ball tonight from Target but upon reading the pamphlet inside it has a weight limit of 300 lbs so I don't want to chance bursting it being a little over so I'm going to take it back. I saw one at Wal-Mart for the same price that has a weight limit of 400 lbs for about the same price so I'm going to go get that one and do some core training this weekend with it. I'm pretty excited. I don't absolutely love exercising yet, but I know I have to do it, so whether I want to or not, I shuffle myself to the living room to do it. I'm quite sore from the extreme cardio I did last night so I think it would be best if I rest tonight and start back up tomorrow. 1 or 2 rest days a week isn't bad, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

Anyway, I'm off to go relax with the babes. We just had a yummy gluten free, clean eating meatloaf with green beans and I had cauliflower mash and he had some mashed taters. I am stuffed and didn't eat much at all, not compared to what I used to be able to put back.

Have a good night everyone! One love!
Old 02-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #203  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

^^ Wow, what a post to read first thing in the morning! Sam, I just joined this board and posts like yours are incredibly inspiring. I'm in awe of your dedication and hard work, you are clearly working your butt off (literally! ) so GO YOU! Such great energy!

Yesterday was non-stop action for me and I didn't get to post here, I really missed it! But I accepted a new job offer so I'm quite happy. In a few months I won't have ANY days off for close to a year (I'm a grad student and I'll have classes and clinical rotations on the days I don't work) and I'm hopeful for what that means with my WL progress. I tend to do much better when my life is chaotic...the more free time I have, the more I turn to boredom eating.

Had my WI this morning and I'm -4lbs! Now the key will be to maintain any sort of downward momentum. I've gone up and down in the 350s all year, I long to see the 340s.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #204  

Good Morning!
Bea way to go on the 4 pounds down!!! Wowza you are going to be busy! Happy for you. Good luck with all your challenges.
Sam so glad to hear you are doing well! You are right it is all up to us. Support is so helpful though. So glad for this group!
Silent I really think you are doing a great job finding a balance between enjoying life and eating healthy. Just think of how you would have handled the situation back in the day. It is these little steps that keep us going in the right direction. Everytime we keep improving until we find that balance. In Wisconsin everything evolves around food and drink. I am lucky I am allergic to alcohol. I know what a struggle it can be when everyone is pushing food. You are so awesome I hope you realize that!
Where is everyone else? This is getting as bad as summer.
As for me I am doing very well with my food. Working on exercise. I need to do a little better with meal planning for my family since they do not follow the diet as strict as my daughter and I do.
Have a great day!
Old 02-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #205  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

silent ~ Thanks for the info on the American Diabetes association, Yeah I know the meal night before last wasnt the best I could of had.

Ubee ~ Im here cause you said in your post where is everyone else so I just wanted to say Im Here

I walked once yesterday but today Im gonna try my best to walk at least 2 times today so thats my goal for today. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:14 PM   #206  

Hi Terra! I saw you are having hamburger helper tonight. Will you be adding some veggies into the dish?
I like how you make a goal everyday. Do you do charting or little stars on the calender or anything like that, so you can look back on your progress? Also I forgot do you use any on line food journals like my fittness pal?
Glad to see you checking in!
Old 02-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #207  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Today I turned 59, and I got a good number on the scale! 284, which is down 7 pounds since last month. I don't have much else to report: tonight's festivities will be at home with Bob, with a big Greek salad and a dark chocolate bar (with ginger—yum!) for dessert. And a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio, my favorite white. Plus I see at least three presents wrapped and waiting. =grin=

My rule about birthdays is that you absolutely do not have to do anything you don't want to do. In this phase of my life I rarely do anything I don't want to do anyway. =laugh= So I may work on a collage, I may write a letter or a postcard, or I may just be totally lazy and read a crime novel. In other words, an ordinary happy day.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:07 PM   #208  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

Happy birthday Fiona!

Old 02-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #209  

Happy Birthday Fi!

Enjoy your day and congrats on a great loss!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Sam - Wow you are just rocking the losses. I am jealous! LOL But happy for your successes.

bubbly - grats on the loss thats so good

Ubee - I just wish it was easier I feel like I have to obsess so much.

Fi Happy Birthday And Congrats on the 284 your rockstarin it. Enjoy your day/evening

So I went out for brunch, I probably should be super careful the rest of the day there are no healthy breakfast options at the restaurants here. Don't get me wrong I like greasy breakfast foods obviously but I wish that I could for example substitute fruit for the hashbrowns but there is no fruit on the menus. Just a little frustrating. I ate the hashbrowns because they were there :-| But I wanted to see my friends, they have some serious stuff going on so I'm glad I texted them to remind them we'd talked about doing breakfast. I need to try and find housework mojo but not sure i will.
Closed Thread