Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #181  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

backinflight: Hello and Welcome! Sorry I am late on introducing myself. Been a crazy few days! I find myself not eating some days than grabbing something very high calorie every so often to. Kind of like grocery shopping, spend a hour in the store buying food and then stop for take out on the way home!

bubblybee: Welcome also!! Can not wait to get to know you more. Are you following any special "diet"? I personally am a calorie counter. I like being able to eat what ever I like as long as its in reason.

Ubee: I so agree with this "Sometimes I get so content in life that I forget to strive for better". I know that is why I got the to the weight I did. But knowing that makes me realize that I DO deserve to be better and so do YOU

silentarctic: Sounds like your a night owl like me! If I am min bed before 1/2 am its a miracle. I think the working midnight's for all those years did it to. Almost 2 moths since I worked and still can not get a normal schedule going.

Larry H: WAY TO GO!! On your NSV!! You are doing AMAZING!!

Got another small walk in this morning while waiting for the bus. Going to do it again this afternoon. Feels so good to be moving more. I have not had any knee pain in a few weeks & no pain meds in 50 days! I used to have to take vicodin 2 or 3 times a day so I could work and walk due to the pain.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #182  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! For some reason I hit the snooze button today (I NEVER do that!) and got a late start, but I still managed to hop on the elliptical for twenty minutes, when last week I probably would have skipped it. I think this forum is making me more accountable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
Beatrice Gosh, I envy you that you only have clothes in three different sizes. I have clothes that start at size 12 and go all the way up to 5X!
Wow!! Well I am one of those people who loves to throw anything out, so I usually manage to stuff a bag full of clothing and put it in a donation bin a couple times a year. I still have one pair of jeans from my highest weight, which I'll never toss out!

Also, I loved your comment about wanting to ~float~ up the stairs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
I spent all evening scooping ice cream and making sundaes, floats and milk shakes. Now for the strange part, although I love ice cream I resisted and did not have any. Not even the tiniest bite I am calling that an NSV for me I finished the day yesterday at a very low 738 calories.
Way to go Larry! That really takes strength, I love ice cream so much...and I bet you probably burned some calories with all that scooping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoetsch1 View Post
bubblybee: Welcome also!! Can not wait to get to know you more. Are you following any special "diet"? I personally am a calorie counter. I like being able to eat what ever I like as long as its in reason.
Hello and thank you! Right now I am tracking calories and weight watchers flex points on My Fitness Pal. I've been using MFP pal for quite some time but haven't been able to stick to it, so I just started incorporating the old WW points in with it as well. I like having that specific 'target' number in my head all day, so I hope it works for me as it did the first time!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Love the energy on here!
Beatrice good job making the time to exercise! Showing up daily is huge in keeping me accountable. My first warning sign is thinking "Maybe I won't post today." My clothes are all tentish so I will buy something more fitted to motivate me.
Erin we do deserve better and so do our families. We should help them as long as we can in life. We need to stay in good health so as not to be an extra concern for them. Proud of you for walking and being off of pain meds for 50 days!!!
Dean Donuts? Really? Forgive yourself and make a better plan next time. Peanut butter tastes great on a spoon. Right Fi?
Larry good NSV!
Fi you were raking??? I have got to move! Nice work on the exercise! Thank you for taking the time to make that list I will be using most of them. Funny about sleep. I go to bed at about 7pm and get up around 3am. I am hoping it is a winter thing and not a grandma thing.
Silent we cross posted yesterday. Hope you are having a better day. Your posts bring up a question.
Where is the line between giving ourselves a break to be human and going in the wrong direction?
We are looking for progess not perfection but How do you tell the difference? Anyone?
Old 02-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

bubbly - Don't start lol. Snooze Button is a way of living for me it's very dangerous

Erin - Not really a night owl, I just tend to have too much going on if I could stay home, not watch TV, not go on the computer, and not READ all night I'd probably go to bed earlier but I overstimulate or something and then I lose track of time and its late.

Ubee - I missed you yesterday we posted about the same time. I'm lucky that I do have some friends who do want to talk about it. However maybe not as obsessively as I do. So this helps me from becoming totall annoying

Dean - Jealous of your turkey burger, I wish I could order things like that. I live in a small town so our few restaurants have very limited selection ah well. If you want other options you have to cook yourself.

So tired, watched a movie with a couple friends last night and then ended up chatting on the walk home. Oopsy. Very dehydrated too, yes I had drinks. :-|

I don't have a lot of motivation to be honest. It's hard for me to think of real reasons why I care to lose weight. I'm at that phase in my life where I'm just sure that someday I WILL care if I am healthy so I keep telling myself that I'll regret not at least putting in a half effort right now.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #185  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Epic fail in the diet and exercise department this week. Yesterday we helped my brother and his family move and I had to host an impromptu birthday party for my niece, so dinner ended up being mac and cheese because it was easy. I am keeping up on the water though, so that's a start. There is also a slab of cheesecake in my fridge I've managed to ignore.

The dog I'm sitting is feeling neglected and on a hunger strike, so I have to spend some quality time with her tonight. I also may end up taking my brother's boston terrier until summer. If you had any idea how small my house is you'd wonder what's wrong with me!

I will get back to personals, and losing weight, asap, I promise. Tomorrow I'm hoping. I know this is a throwaway post, but I really don't want to get out of the habit.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Jane - Hope things settle down for you soon.

Ubee - Again we cross post lol. I'm not trying to be perfect I just... when I'm making bad choices repeatedly I have to try and get a hold of it or next thing you know I'll be eating doritos and guzzling soda on a regular basis.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 351/343/200

Height: 5'4

Red face

Here it goes! This is my first post and honestly, I never considered joining a site of any kind really, but I have to do something different if I want a different outcome. I figured this was worth a try!
Old 02-20-2014, 02:12 PM   #188  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

backinflight ~ I walk in my house when the weather is cold or bad or too hot but when the weather is nice then I walk outside. I walk for 45 mins and I try to walk 3 times a day but I usually only end up walking 1 or 2 times a day but when I start out I aim to walk 3 times a day.

Ubee ~ Yeah I love to cook, I just keep in mind that I am really close to getting diabetes so having that in my mind keeps me motivated.

silent ~ Thanks for commenting on my walking

I have another meeting today to go too so I wont get my walk in this morning or in the afternoon like I usually do but I am gonna walk before bed for sure. I know I sometimes sound like a broken record, meaning I say the same thing in all of my posts and Im sorry about that. I dont mean to repeat myself. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #189  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Welcome Phillipians! the first step is always the hardest!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #190  
~Erin~

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippians413 View Post
Here it goes! This is my first post and honestly, I never considered joining a site of any kind really, but I have to do something different if I want a different outcome. I figured this was worth a try!
Welcome! And way to go on that 1st post! We all started there at 1 time! You have started in the right place. This group of laddies & men are AWESOME support!! Tell us a little about you!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #191  

Philippians413! Hope you don't mind if from now on I call you 413? We are a great bunch and nothing to fear here. I was so scared when I joined and now they can not shut me up! Please share more when you feel ready.
Terra never apologize! We are so happy to have you here and want to see you succeed! OK so now are we allowed to discuss your getting close to diabetes? I just bought my daughter the Metabolism Miracle book. She has not read it yet but she is very pre diabetic and has PCOS. Has your doctor recommended any diets? Now you need to show up everyday. This is serious and I put myself in charge of worrying.
Silent it is such a slippery slope. I guess that is why I asked my question. I just wish I weren't so daft and could figure things out quicker. Keep at it. I chart my weight and sometimes I get down when I have a 6 month stall BUT the old me would have gained it back plus.
Jane never a throw away post. This thread has become a huge part of my life. I think it is so important to check in even if our day has been a flub! Thank you Jane and Silent for not rubbibng in who won the hockey game.
I finished reading Dr Atkins book today and it helped answer some of my questions about carbs and metabolism. The book is from 1972 and it is fascinating about how he thinks people are so big back then. What would he say now? By the way I think it is a good read even if you don't plan on following his diet. It explains a lot in an easy to understand way. I love reading diet and self help books.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:47 PM   #192  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

philippians ~ Welcome 2 The Thread, I hope you like it here

Ubee ~ My doctor said we would discuss diet plans and exercises when I go see her again next month
Old 02-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #193  

Terra good. Make sure and be prepared by having done some homework. Have you checked out the "Dieting with obstacles" threads on the main page? Wait... am I getting too personal with my questions?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #194  
Beatrice/'Bee'

S/C/G: HW: 418 3FC SW: 360

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippians413 View Post
Welcome aboard!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:48 AM   #195  
~Erin~

Good Morning Everyone!
Another yucky day in MI! School closed again.... I think these kids have been out, more than in this winter. Can not walk outside today. My driveway is a sheet of ice. Will have to find something indoors to get my heart rate going. Going to get my grocery list together for shopping tomorrow. Always looking for new food ideas. Has anyone tried anything new and yummy they can suggest? I have never tried Kale chips so I want to try those.
Closed Thread