3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Chat Thread: February, 2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/292359-300-chat-thread-february-2014-a.html)

Terra1984 02-17-2014 10:32 PM

silent ~ Im sorry you have been feeling blue, I know you can bounce back though.

~Erin~ ~ Im sorry to hear you've been sick, I hope you feel better soon

Ubee ~ Yes tomorrow is shopping day, Im not buying that much cause I dont have that much money but I am gonna buy at least 4 Lean Cuisine's. My walking has been going well. I havent been walking 3 times a day faithfully like I should but I know I can always start fresh the next day or even the next week so thats what Im gonna do.

Sam & Larry ~ H~E~L~L~O~

Im gonna go take a shower before bed, I need to do that soon cause I need to be getting to bed cause I have to get up at 7 am to get to my appt at 8 am. I am gonna jump back on the ball though and walk tomorrow for sure. I hope once I start walking regularly again I will start losing again

vwdeano 02-18-2014 06:49 AM

Good Morning!

Sorry, I checked out for the long weekend and haven't been on the computer at all. Hope everyone has been doing well.

Had a decent weekend, but Sunday came and I couldn't bear to look at the scale(not sure why, I've done OK and "behaved" myself this week, but just couldn't stand to look at it). Hopefully I'll feel like checking it out shortly. I haven't been sleeping(have some apnea issues, so I never sleep all that well anyway) and just didn't feel like I could take that step onto the scale for some reason-just too tired and worn out for any negatives...

On the up side... Coconut coffee today.

Be safe.

Dean

Ubee 02-18-2014 10:15 AM

Good Morning!
Today is one day closer to Spring and one day closer to reaching my weightloss goal!
Dean good to see you. Your scale is not going anywhere and this is your journey, good for you for telling it you are in charge! OMG coconut coffee! Is it as good as it sounds?
Terra what are your favorite veggies? Do you like trying new foods?
Silent I feel like the rock at boot camp, but I am going to do this! What have you been up to?
Last night I watched part of the movie Fat Head and I found it interesting how healthy fats help reduce depression. Now I had read that before but for some reason it stuck last night.
I am glad I am stepping up my game. I have been stuck in the 250's long enough. I want some new clothes. I need to lose weight to justify some shopping. Plus last winter I dropped a lot of weight and when I went out in the Spring without my huge parka everyones jaw dropped. I liked that.
Let's keep chatting and supporting!

silentarctic 02-18-2014 10:48 AM

Terra - thanks just muddling through trying to maintain the status quo still. I think thats most of my life. I am still tired, I tried to nap last night and a kid who wanted me to pay him to shovel my steps kept knocking on my door and wouldn't leave until I answered. I was pretty snappy ... The porch light was off, the livingroom and kitchen (front room lights were off) I dunno that implies to me do not disturb, especially when someone doesn't answer the first couple times.

silentarctic 02-18-2014 10:53 AM

Ubee - I've been fine, busy, but no exciting stories sorry.

Ubee 02-18-2014 11:13 AM

Silent, no need to be sorry. I guess they call it the dead of winter for a reason. Just happy to see you posting. Even when you are in a slump I still get positive energy from you!

bubblybee 02-18-2014 11:41 AM

Just wanted to say hello to everyone...new member here starting out at 360, hoping to get some great tips and lots of support! I look forward to talking to you all!

Radiojane 02-18-2014 12:22 PM

Hi to all the new folks!

I'm just flying by - I have some catch up to do at work now that some of the things I've been waiting for have shown up. Spent the weekend at my mom's so I was off plan but I got a lot of exercise. Haven't slept well lately because the dog that I am watching for a friend is neurotic. I did manage to play her out well enough yesterday that she's calmed down considerably. Not looking forward to stepping on the scale, think I'll give it a few days and get back in the groove first.

Have a good day everyone!

vwdeano 02-18-2014 12:25 PM

Yup, the coconut has a really good, nutty flavor, but you get that aroma of coconut that stays for awhile. Mmmm, coconut, LOL.

Feeling a bit more "in control" now. Had a long conference call with my boss this morning, and those sessions usually wind up being a conversation about all my failures/shortcomings, etc., but I had an answer to all of the questions beforehand.

Have a great week, everyone!

Dean

Ubee 02-18-2014 12:35 PM

:wel3fc: bubblybee! Feel free to tell us more about yourself and your plan when you are ready. Like what is WW momentum?
Jane hope you are gettin your groove on!
Dean glad you were prepared and had a quick response for your critical boss!
Spending a lot of time on line trying to stay focused.

silentarctic 02-18-2014 12:36 PM

Ubee - Aw thanks, I know I need to kick it up a notch, but I just don't have the drive. I'm not depressed just, a little blah.

Jane sorry If I'm unobservant. I just noticed you have a Dr. Who avatar now :)

edoetsch1 02-18-2014 12:47 PM

So nervous today!! One of our local Detroit news stations is coming to my house today to interview my family on how my daughters living with PKU has affected her and our family. They plan to air this on the 28th for Rare Disease Day. This is a great opportunity to bring awareness to this disorder and to hopefully get some funding!

bubblybee 02-18-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubee (Post 4946321)
:wel3fc: bubblybee! Feel free to tell us more about yourself and your plan when you are ready. Like what is WW momentum?

Thank you so much Ubee! Hehe, we seem to have a similar fondness for bumblebees! :D

WW Momentum is an older WW plan, otherwise known as "Flex". WW Flex was the very first plan I ever used to attempt losing weight, and while I'm still very grateful to WW for everything it taught me and greatly respect the program, their current PointsPlus program just doesn't seem to work for me. So I'm using the old program materials in conjunction with tracking everything on My Fitness Pal. Hoping to get a boost and make some real progress for the first time in years!

silentarctic 02-18-2014 04:55 PM

Erin - That is so cool. :)

bubbly - glad you know what works for you :)

I went to a restaurant for lunch and had the special. Way too many fat calories there, I'm tired though and a friend I haven't spent nearly enough time with called and we made impromptu lunch plans . We're both tired and worn out . I'd feel a lot better about things if I didn't feel like I was screwing up on a daily basis. There's a coffee house thing I want to go to maybe if I can go there but not consume anything. Hopefully water will be an option. Because I can't really afford to screw up again for a while or I might start gaining instead of precariously maintaining. :-|

Fiona W 02-18-2014 05:20 PM

Howdy folks! Sorry I was MIA for a few days...I got quite distracted by the issues with our niece with the 7-yr-old son for whom she needs an after-school babysitter. Some very good news on that front: I chose to exhale the negative energy of being angry at how Bob's sister treated him, and inhale the positive energy of how much I do care for this niece and am pleased that she's moved into a place that's just 1/2 mile away. (She's always been my favorite of our 4 nieces & 5 nephews.)

In other words: (1) I haven't even spoken to my sister-in-law about the whole thing and don't plan to; (2) on Sunday night Bob & I went over to our niece's new place to admire how she's fixed it up, meet & greet the youngster, and make tentative plans for Bob to pick up the boy after school at least 1 or 2 days a week, perhaps more, and take him home to play games, watch TV, or whatever he & Bob choose to do. We're also planning to have our niece & her son over to our house soon: Bob will keep the boy amused with computer games or TV, while I get to renew my longstanding friendship with our niece, and show her some art we have that might look nice on the bare walls of her new place. She even volunteered to help me organize my messy piles of books and art supplies! This deal could potentially work out great for all four of us.

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to work through my feelings about the break-up with my Belgian friend—every day a little closer to feeling at peace. My handful of new French-writing correspondents is a big help. And because the theme on my collaborative collage blog was "Love" this past week (for Valentine's Day), I even made another collage about the breakup, incorporating a French phrase that some of you might find useful...although I hope you won't need it!

Erin— That sounds exciting, and gratifying, about helping get more media exposure for rare diseases! As a physician, I find genetic metabolic disorders quite fascinating, and I actually did a presentation on phenylketonuria, many years ago when I was in med school. Have you ever seen the movie "Lorenzo's Oil"? It's a great story about a different rare disease, and I heard that some, if not most, of the proceeds from the film were donated to research efforts for such conditions.

silentarctic— Hang in there: spring is coming, up round the bend.

Ubee— I really appreciate how you've been our main cheerleader while Betsy's away, and I apologize for being away myself for a few days there. What you wrote about the "massive all-consuming teenage drama about nothingness" was hilarious. I admire your focus, and wish you all the luck in the world in getting out of the 250s and into some cute new spring outfits!

Dean— Way to go that you did your prep work ahead of time before the phone call with your boss! Thinking through that kind of stuff in advance can be very helpful.

Jane— I have a lot of sympathy with you about taking care of that neurotic dog. I've known more than a few neurotic dogs over the years: they can be so annoying.

bubblybee— Welcome to the thread! Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself...

Terra— It sounds like you have a good strategy going for your walks: by aiming to do 3 a day, you're ensuring that you at least get 1 or 2 in, and often all 3. I sure am looking forward to the 25th, when I meet with my cardiologist and hopefully get cleared to do some walking myself.

Sam— Nearly 18 pounds in one month is downright AWESOME! Woo hoo!

Larry— Your volumetrics plan is really paying off: you've established a pattern of nice steady weight loss that you can sustain.

Betsy, Andrea, and Donna— I miss you guys!