Water Weight

• I was wondering when water weight stops and losing actual weight starts? If anyone can answer my question that would be great, Thanks in advance. Also should I of moved my ticker since its just water weight? Just wondering
  • Hi Terra,
    Good question. I don't know the answer but someone who does will come along.
    As for me my water weight comes and goes daily depending on the foods I've eaten. I love salt! As long as it doesn't go up more then 3 pounds I figure I am OK.
    Good luck! Ubee
  • Thanks, Good luck also
  • I change my ticker once a week (Tuesday). That way I don't get encouraged/discouraged by any fluctuations like water weight, that time of the month (TOM), etc -- because even though I know it's not ideal to weigh in every day, sometimes I can't help it.
  • Oh okay well good Im glad I went ahead and changed it then
  • I don't think anyone can tell you exactly when the loss goes from water weight to "real" loss.

A while back, I did some reading about the biologic processes that happen when you lose weight. I couldn't follow all of it… it's pretty complex. The bottom line I took away was that the work we do today, eating less than goes out and exercising, is actually reflected in a weight change something like 1-2 weeks later.

So, most likely, when we start a diet, the first week's loss is water weight, and then the second mist be actual poundage.

Still, if the scale is lower this week than last week, celebrate!
  • Vortex_VVV ~ Thanks for answering my question