3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   NSV's - Non scale victories (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/291801-nsvs-non-scale-victories.html)

activeadventurer 01-18-2014 01:43 PM

NSV's - Non scale victories

I did see a current thread for this so thought I would start one. I had a couple of HUGE NSV's this week. Even though I am still 300+, with the weight I have lost so far, my doctor's have taken me off 3 of my 4 heart meds and told me I am no longer diabetic!!! (A1c 5.0 and fasting glucose 73) I am so happy!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Further reason to stay the course

Dreamgyrl 01-20-2014 01:53 PM

YAY!!!! Not only are you taking fewer meds but that also means more money in your pocket since you're not having to but medication! :cb::cb::cp:

time4me2change 01-20-2014 02:23 PM

That's a great NSV!

And a good thread... it's important for all of us to remember more than the scale (said from someone who is having a rough time lately)

So thanks for starting.

OthelloLove 01-20-2014 03:00 PM

NSV's- non scale victories! I love it!!!

Kat117 01-20-2014 03:06 PM

it has been too long since I stopped to consider NSVs - have been hyperfocused on the scale as I have been struggling but thank you for the reminder!

My NSV this week I could zip up completely a pair of pants that only went half way up last week.

Radiojane 01-20-2014 03:07 PM

That's fantastic, active adventurer.

I feel like I haven't had an NSV in a very long time, but I did walk away from my nephew's birthday yesterday without having any cake. Even at my best behaved dieting, this is pretty amazing for me.

watchoutforthatcar 01-20-2014 03:20 PM

These are great and inspiring! I think the most rewarding this past week is people really noticing and even acknowledging that I've lost weight. Even people at work that I don't really talk to or may not notice noticing me have come up to tell me what a great job I've done or how great I look. I'm nowhere near done but it's great to know that it's finally showing on the outside.

Not feeling like the absolutely fattest person in the room. I'm still plenty fat but I don't feel like I'm the shamu whale and everyone else are stick figures. It's hard to explain.

Being able to pull up and zip a size 22. I'm fairly sure they didn't fit correctly because they were midrise and I never wear those. My 24s are getting too big so I should be fitting in those shortly.

I'm 27 and no one can believe I'm over the age of 21 and I was scared that as I lost weight that would go away, but if anything I'm starting to look younger. By the end of this I'm going to look like I'm 5! lolol!

CJinTX 01-20-2014 04:07 PM

Something I've noticed since I started exercising more and eating better: My knee isn't as uncomfortable and I have more energy.

AshleyAnn519 01-20-2014 06:25 PM

Woohoo that's awesome congrats!!

activeadventurer 01-22-2014 09:37 AM

Radiojane, I am rooting for you!

Thanks to everyone for sharing. I find NSV's very inspiring.

I had one yesterday I absolutely loved. I was at a business meeting and had a few bangle bracelets on my left wrist. Of course. I bought them extra large at Catherine's, in order to fit. While talking, as I used my hands for emphasis, the bracelets flew off my wrist and landed several feet away. One of my male colleagues was on the floor under the table looking for them. LOL

That is one of my all time favorites!

Dee

Kat117 01-27-2014 12:31 PM

You are all so inspiring. Let's keep looking out for those NVSs.

For me - I fell off the Atkins wagon - and then it turned into a 2 day binge. But my NSV is that I didn't let it continue after that and I am back on plan 100% since Saturday and determined to continue.

Dreamgyrl 01-30-2014 02:07 PM

I had another chair NSV as in a few of the conference rooms have supper tiny chairs in them. I normally have to press the arms of the chairs down when I get up in order for the chair to not rise up with me. Today? NOPE! I get up with ease and no problems at all.

watchoutforthatcar 02-01-2014 10:01 PM

I have another to add. I have lost a considerable amount of weight from the time my work crush quit to the time that he came back to work. It's stupid but when he came up to tell me how good I looked...it was just great to be acknowledged by someone who I didn't feel noticed me at all.

activeadventurer 02-03-2014 03:52 AM

Kat congratulations for keeping it to 2 days. Those can be some of the hardest times.

I ran in to someone that used to work where I work now. She told me I looked great about 5 times. While I still think of myself as having SOO much weight to lose, it was very uplifting.

silentarctic 02-03-2014 01:06 PM

active this is so awesome. I can't imagine, you are so fabulous and an inspiration. I am trying really hard to lower my cholesterol right now. I'm not on any meds and I don't want to have to be so I'm avoiding saturated fat as much as possible. Hopefully that helps. (along with hopefully some fat loss).

No NSV's for me but ... I have NSG's (non scale goals). Lower my Cholesterol and Triglicerides. :) I'll find out in April or March if I've been successful. Somehow that works better at detering me from indulging in doritos. when its about the weight loss I always find a way to make it work into my "calories" and then its a slippery slope.