Old 01-09-2014, 04:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 331.8/308/220

Default Looking for a buddy!

Hi Everyone,

This is my very first post here. I'm a 23 year old girl from the Netherlands. This morning I weight 315 pounds, I started last monday and after gaining over a pound on thuesday I finally lost two today. I don't go to the gym, I can't run, so I'm just trying to lose weight by doing various things like exerbeat on the wii, the hometrainer bike and in the future some weights. I don't like a lot of vegetables so I feel that makes losing weight a bit harder. I would love to have a salad for dinner but I really don't like that. So I'm just trying to not eat a lot of calories. But sometimes it feels like I lose more weight if I eat more calories.

Oh well that's not why I'm here. The reason I'm here is that I'm really looking for a buddy. Just someone I can talk to and to keep each other motivated. I would like to keep in contact through whatsapp because that's really the easiest thing.
If that's not possible email is good too, but I've got my phone with me at all times so that's just the easiest thing.

So hopefully someone here is also looking for a buddy, I think it helps a lot!
Whoopdidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:48 AM   #2  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Default Please be my buddy!

Hi there!
I am old enough to be your Mum! I am in Wales in the UK and currently weigh 323lbs but that is down from a high of over 360.
I am a calorie counter as I find it the easiest to stick to. I allow myself 18800-2000 calories a day as when you are big you take more calories just to do daily stuff. Some days I eat a bit less but I found that if I restrict myself too much I can't stick to it and start to get very tired.
I have really painful knees and no money but I walk the dogs every day and do some stuff on the wii at home.
This is a fabulous forum for support.
Good luck. Feel free to Private message me.
Donna
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #3  
Back 2 Low CArb living

S/C/G: 220/210/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Hi!
I just read your post.. I have about 50 lbs to lose
But I am always welcome to take on a new friend and encourage!
If you want to chat PM me!!!
YOU can do this!!
ames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome! I calorie count as well. I use the website Myfitnesspal to track what I eat and exercise. It also help determine round about how many calories you should eat to lose weight. As you lose weight and log it in the website it will recaluate the amount of calories you should aim for.

I do sometimes eat more than it recommends if I am hungry, but try to stay close. This keeps me from eating too many or too few calories. Both will affect weight loss adversly.

Just remember you'vyou can do it and there is lots of support here.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here too. My name is Sam, I'm 27, living in South Carolina. I don't calorie count like some of you from what I've read, but I am working on eating less processed foods and sugars and eating more whole foods and lean meats. I currently weigh about 330 pounds but I'm not exactly sure. I went to weigh myself last night and discovered my scale is broken so I will have to get a new one. I'm hoping to lose a good 170 pounds and I know its not going to happen over night, but I'm hoping with some buddies I can say motivated!!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:30 PM   #6  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Hello! Always looking for a buddy to encourage and to be encouraged by! I am currently counting calories and using My Fitness Pal to help track my daily eating. If anyone else uses the app please feel free to friend me! My user name there is the same. I have really struggled the last few years with weight, and after losing almost 100lbs last year gained it all back and than some. The final draw for me realizing that something needed to be done about my weight is when it was affecting me at work so much that I had to quit my job 2 weeks ago. I physically could not do what needed to be done. I worked as a CNA in a nursing home and had to be on my feet for 8 hours lifting and rolling patients.
I know it will take a long time to get where I need to be, so I am setting small goals at a time so I dont become overwhelmed.
Goals for this week: (1)Track ALL food (2)Add more vegetables & fruit (3)drink 60oz. water daily
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

Hi Whoopdidoo, I really need a weight loss buddy too. If anyone is interested please PM me.
lasttime is offline   Reply With Quote