Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #181  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

LEMC - Dont stress too much hun .. do you know what caused it? Was it indulgence or maybe exercise turning fat into muscle .. or water retention? I think when it comes to a gain its not a case of being down about it .. but working out why and trying to work out a solution to try to avoid it next time Keep up the good work though

LARRY - Yay!! Knew the scale was just playin with you Great job!

WANNA - There are soooo many things we don't have in NZ to tempt us lol .. no Super Bowl here .. well .. not for us .. but I did catch a little of it on tv and we do have highlights .. but its not like a big event .. so really ... considering you had that .. you are doing great What other events have you guys got coming up .. seems to be something every month lol ... we have Waitangi (Why-Tang-E) Day tomorrow .. which is the day to commemorate the signing of the peace treaty between the European settlers and the Maoris .. but its not like a big eating event lol .. more a great day off for those that are working .. even better when its a fine day .. then its a beach day lol .. there are ceremonies in a few locations around NZ for those that want to commemorate it in a more traditional way though

SILENT - Not that much??? Huh?? Darn girl .. 9 pounds down . wahoo .. party central I think .. and lookie ... so close to your out of the 310s! Great great great job!

WATCHOUT - Great!! Another fab loss .. wooosh wooosh wooosh Keep up the great work

UBEE - Ooops Love your attitude to your scale lol .. its the sort of thing I would be saying The funniest/worst thing about seeing pics like that .. when you can't see what your butt n back look like you don't even realise that shelf is sitting there just waiting to go somewhere else ... but yes ... happy its gone .. only thing is now I losing what butt I had .. Never had a butt .. darned annoying cos I love wearing jeans lol ... still .. a bit left so will hope the tummy starts going before any of the rest of the butt does

Am just amazed by some of the incredible losses this week .. its been a hard week for some .. and definitely a wooosh for others ... and happily movement for those that have been maintaining longer than they would have liked

Sorry I have been AWOL the last couple of days .. I have checked in .. just haven't really been up to writing .. had a few issues come up and I tend to switch off when that happens while I get a plan in mind of how to go forward .. soooo now that that is done Im getting back on track .. yesterday was the worst .. didn't want to eat anything that wasn't chocolate lol .. but I fought through that .. had a couple of nut bars, cruskets/litebread, a little chicken, lettuce, gherkin, carrots, cheese .. ummm . .. oh yeah .. had a little piece of chocolate cake for dessert .. so almost made it through the day behaving lol .. but decided darn it I needed the feel good moment to help kick me out of the rut I was falling into

Up early after only 2 hours sleep to see my hunny off to work and make him lunch .. then did a little cross stitch .. and decided to get some baking done (I rarely eat my baking so this isn't a bad thing lol) ... made a batch of Coconut/Mallow cupcakes .. they turned out ok .... so I can't be too tired cos usually I try baking when Im tired and its a major flop lol .. just relaxing for a couple of hours .. then .. shock horror .. IM GOING TO THE GYM! .. Yep .. tired of putting it off .. especially when I have less than 20 days before the big walk lol .. got to at least be able to do 5km .. then I can push myself through the last 1.5km knowing that I am close to the end lol ..

Here is a pic of my cupcakes .. the mallow exploded more than I thought lol .. but it does make them colourful! Besides .. when I do a thin layer of icing it won't be seen lol ..

My hunny made me laugh last night ... I was checking my weight (I know .. not before bed .. but its a good guideline lol) and when talking to him its all in kg ... so when I mentioned that my Monday weigh in was 114 .. he said .. well .. if you hit 113 next week lose weight fast .. don't want you staying in the 13 range lol .. silly man
Old 02-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Katt your cupcakes look so good!
As for our butts... I wish I could take a chunk of my gut and mold it onto a nice round backside!
Glad you are no longer AWOL I hate it when the 300+ Club is so quiet. Your personality brings a lot of energy!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 PM   #183  
Trying again

LOL .. thanks hun ... well .. again the gym got away from me .. I got carried away at home and before I knew it I had to get ready to go out for dinner with hunny tonight (Im just at his work waiting for him to finish doing whatever it is he is doing lol) .. BUT .. to make up for it I got the bus to drop me off at the top of the hill that separates the suburb I am in from the bigger part of the chunk of Wellington I live in .. its not a little hill lol ... so it took me about 20 minutes to get from there to hunnys work .. but time to go now .. so will catch up later
Old 02-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #184  

START WEIGHT: 405
GOAL WEIGHT: (make it a challenge but realistic) 365
TOTAL TO LOSE: 40

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 405
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 400
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 398
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 398
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 393
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
Old 02-05-2014, 09:03 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

START WEIGHT: 356
GOAL WEIGHT: 326
TOTAL TO LOSE: 30

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 356
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 356
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: skipped
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02:skipped
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09:356

I'm back, and well at least I didn't actually gain anything....
Old 02-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 341/321/250

Height: 5'9"

START WEIGHT:305
GOAL WEIGHT: 255
TOTAL TO LOSE: 50

Week 01 - JAN 06: 305
Week 02 - JAN 13: 299
Week 03 - JAN 20: 299
Week 04 - JAN 27: 295
Week 05 - FEB 03: 296
Week 06 - FEB 10:
Week 07 - FEB 17:
Week 08 - FEB 24:
Week 09 - MAR 03:
Week 10 - MAR 10:
Week 11 - MAR 17:
Week 12 - MAR 24:
Week 13 - MAR 31:
Week 14 - APR 07:
Week 15 - APR 14:
Week 16 - APR 21:
Week 17 - APR 28:

Blah!. Just changed my walk (1.5 miles down hill and then 1.5 miles up hill about a 900 foot climb) so hopefully a drop next week.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

I'm not ready to weight in for this week yet, but I wanted to share some NSVs with you guys.

I've been going to the gym 6 days a week since the start of the year. And they put up a list on the noticeboard of the 20 people who've used the gym the most each month- and I was number 18! I was so pleased, and have given myself a challenge to be on that list for Feb and March too. Then today (which is a gloriously warm bank holiday- how's it up north, Katt?) I had a training session and he asked me how much I've lost. I said 'only around 4kg' and he told me off for saying 'only'. He said I had to think of 8 blocks of butter- that's what I've lost in fat (which is crazy when you think of it like that!) and then told me it was really noticeable and that my general fitness had improved more than he expected. So I'm feeling much more proud of my accomplishments than I was!

I love coming on this thread and seeing how great people are doing! Knowing you're all motivated keeps me motivated too!

Katt- you talking about the hills in Wellington brought back a memory. I actually grew up in Welly, and my school used to make us do cross country runs up Mt Vic and back. It's crazy to think that I used to manage it, even though it wasn't easy, as a teen, and now it'd probably kill me! I might have to make that a longterm goal, to get fit enough that I can pop up to Wellington and give it a go sometime!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #188  

START WEIGHT: 405
GOAL WEIGHT: (make it a challenge but realistic) 355
TOTAL TO LOSE: 50

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 405
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 400 (-5) total 5 pounds
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 398 (-2) total 7 pounds
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 398 (0) total 7 pounds
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 393 (5) total: 12 pounds

I'm still trying and hoping I can keep this up. I've been working out and trying to eat low carb.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:33 AM   #189  
Trying again

SUNNY - Great job this week for you .. keep up the great work!

TIME - I would be pleased if I was you too lol ... great maintenance if nothing else

LESLIE - Chances are the change of routine just shook your body up a bit and Im sure it will show next week .. fantastic workout for sure

FERRIS - Wow ..what a wonderful NSV .. that is really good to hear Im sure .. especially when you think you aren't doing as well as you really are .. and ONLY is definitely not a word in our journey .. every step up or down is part of a big adventure ... there are definitely no only's as part of the journey ... so be really proud of yourself We measured how far I walked in the 15 or so minutes the other day and I thought it wasn't very far (I am useless at working out how far away things are lol) .. like about 5-600 meters cos it didn't seem like much ... but it was twice that .. 1200m (1.2km). Really happy cos its given me the incentive to start trying to get a little more exercise in my days.

I am soooooo happy dancing!!! Got my best NSV today ..... hunny and I went looking for a white dress for a photo shoot on Sunday (Im his guinea pig now that I am willing to let him take pics of me lol) .. soooo we went into my fave store .. City Chic in Queensgate ... found a dress (black and white cos nowhere had a white dress lol) and I immediately grabbed the XL to try on. Now the material is a little stretchy but its a heavy weight one so nice hanging ... and its STRIPES!!! So into the changing room (after I finished my Gelato treat lol) I went .. stripped off my tops and slipped it on .. nice fit ... I said to hunny there is a little room .. should I get the L instead? He said yup so I went and got the L. Back into the changing room ... STILL A LITTLE BIG!! SO size M!!!! And it fits nicely .. snug where it should be and flowing elsewhere .. I am soooooo chuffed!!

Scoot said I not allowed to post a pic of me in it yet until after the pic shoot on Sunday lol ... THEN .. we went down to CrossRoads and I had a nosy as they were having a sale .. there was a lovely mini dress on the sale rack under $25 (from $70) ... but the biggest they had was an 18. I thought I will give it a go so I took it into the changing room .. undid the zip and popped it on .. I couldnt get the zip up ... but only just .. SO I thought .. OOOOh this is my birthday dress!! So I thought I would have a goal to fit it by my birthday in April When I got home I tried it on again without undoing the zip .. AND IT FIT!!! Its snug .. but hot damn! By my birthday it will be brilliant!

Had Pita Pit for dinner and shared a "heart" health smoothie with hunny .. happily filled and relaxed ... definitely the best Waitangi Day I think I have ever had
Old 02-06-2014, 12:23 PM   #190  

Katt that is so exciting! I can not wait to see the pictures. Your hubby really is a hunny. I love seeing happpy couples! Maybe you could take a picture of you in your b day dress now and then on your b day?
Sunny we all just keep trying. If we keep at it off it will come. You are doing great!
Ferris good job! You are an inspiration to those of us who struggle with exercise!
Lselie 9 pounds down is great.
Melissa glad you are showing up and a birdie told me you are back on track.
I really am trying hard to stay focused. Even though I had a gain I still plan on getting close to my goal! I am so serious!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 343/248/200

Height: 5'4"

Katt and Ubee, thanks so much for your support. I'm definitely hoping for a loss this week. I bought Zumba Fitness for the Wii recently and the workouts are kicking my butt! The way the game works is it scores you on your hip movements, so you're forced to use your feet in order to move your hips. Unlike Just Dance where you can flail your arms and get a pretty decent score.

I've heard some pretty amazing results, so here's to hoping!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, just a speedy Hi...

Work is consuming all of my time.

Will read up and post this weekend..
Old 02-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #193  
Trying again

Hi everyone!

How are we all doing this weekend? Its a rainy drizzly day here in NZ where I am, but I don't really mind .. I like a variety of weather .. that way its never boring lol. I have decided on something I want to do for work .. similar to becoming a lifestyle coach. I love encouraging people and hopefully making them feel better about themselves and a little more focused too What do you think?

Here is my question for you this weekend .. just cos Im nosy lol ..
Does anyone collect anything? Do you hunt through antique shops for a treasure .. or yard sales for that can't miss bargain? Do you have bears for friends .. or dolls looking on? Cars or other transport? Books? Teaspoons? Badges/Stickers? Coins/Stamps? lol ..

Myself? Yes I do .. Im a bit of a collector of a lot of things really .. mainly teddy bears .. love them ... also badges from round the world .. and I even have a good collection of quarters from the US lol .. ones from different states only cos I realised when I was over there that they were different in LA than the ones I got in Chicago lol .. so I started hunting and swapping lol.
Admittedly I do get a bit addicted to collecting things and carried away on occasion lol .. I also have a collection of soppy romances .. its that trying to get all of a set or series .. so I have almost all of Patricia Cornwell and James Patterson too lol ... and of course DVD collections of my fave TV shows .. OMG .. I really do have a problem lol. More recently its been my Mill Hill Bead Cross Stitch Kits .. of the houses .. there is something wonderful about seeing something get created .. only thing is we don't have them in NZ so I have to get them from US lol .. but its so worth it

Soo .. how about it peeps .. are there any more nuts out there? Don't be shy lol
Old 02-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Great work everyone!

START WEIGHT: 278
GOAL WEIGHT: 250
TOTAL TO LOSE: 28

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 278
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 272.4 (-5.6)
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 271 (-1.4; -7 total)
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 269.8 (-1.2, -8.2 total)
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 268.6 (-1.2, -9.4 total) TOM

I'm not pleased with this week, although I understand that there might be a bit more water weight than normal. I know I'm just being impatient, but it's one of those disappointment moments. On the other hand, you can actually see a slight bulge of biceps when I flex my arms, my general fitness is getting better, and I even braved a Zumba class on Friday night! My trainer was away, and I figured if I should be at the gym at that time, why not try a class? And it was a lot of fun! I was really daunted when a group of Yummy Mummy type women came in- in their 30s-40s, super fit, with designer workout clothes- and one gave me an up and down look. But it turns out that none of them had any rhythm and despite being new I not only managed to keep up most of the time, but I did it to the beat too, which not all of them did. It's probably a horrible thing to be pleased about, but I'm glad I held my own in the class, and I'm going to go again on Tuesday.

lemc87- how's the Zumba for Wii going? Would you recommend it? I have a few Just Dances, and occasional do the Wii sports, but I'd love something that forces me to use my legs!

Oops- forgot to answer Katt's question! Anyone who came to visit me would probably think I collected DVDs and books, there's so many of them! I used to collect EVERYTHING when I was a kid. Stamps, spoons, badges. I still have an old girl guide blanket that I sewed patches from wherever I visited on, and a hat that has pins from all over the place. But my big collection is nail polishes- I'm a bit obsessed with them and have several hundred (last count was in the 300s, and that was awhile ago), some of which took me awhile to track down. I've put a stop to buying any more and expanding the collection, since my polish money is now gym money!

Last edited by FerrisW; 02-08-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:58 PM   #195  

Hi
lemc keep at it! It will come off!
Ferris that is so awesome about your Zumba class. Be proud that you've got the beat.
Katt I am a recovering collector. The last few years I have been shedding my excess which led to me shedding weight. Sadly I am one of those people for whom collecting is not a good idea. I collected everything especially old household stuff. My husband is a collector of sports memorabilia. He has enough for both of us. I am just happy he takes pride and everything is neat and organized because that would not happen on my shift!
I am not looking forward to weigh in. I have been hungry lately. Hopefully it is my body healing and needing more ? What would it be needing?
Closed Thread