Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
Old 01-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I will have to post in the morning...last night had a meeting, got home at 9:30PM - from two to four my electricity kept going off and then on and then off...constantly waking me up...it was COLD..then... it went out until 5AM!!!!!!! due to 35 mile an hour winds with 60 mile gusts! So I didn't have any sleep last night and am exhausted... Did you get the wind too, Ubee?
Old 01-14-2014, 08:42 PM   #93  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles View Post
Hi, I will have to post in the morning...last night had a meeting, got home at 9:30PM - from two to four my electricity kept going off and then on and then off...constantly waking me up...it was COLD..then... it went out until 5AM!!!!!!! due to 35 mile an hour winds with 60 mile gusts! So I didn't have any sleep last night and am exhausted... Did you get the wind too, Ubee?
OMG ... and here I am just back in from lazing in the sun and cooling breeze ... BUT think of it this way .. when you are doing that I will be freezing my butt off too Hugs .. keep warm and well!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good job on the loss Isles!
We are having the storm now. White out conditions. I have the wood stove going in case we lose power. This is one heck of a winter.
Katt, soak up some rays for those of us in the frigid north!
I like the stones in the jar except I do not have a goal weight and I need to take it small goals one at a time.
If I exercise I can not think of calories burned because it seems so lame for all the work. I need to think of getting my body strong and healthy.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 342.6/342.6/199

Height: 5'8"

START WEIGHT: 342.6
GOAL WEIGHT: 292.6
TOTAL TO LOSE: 50

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 333.6
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19:
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26:
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02:
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09:
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
Old 01-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #96  

Good Morning...

Quote:
wannaskipandlaugh: Just thinking about your post that your husband was interested in (what you eat and what you have to do to get rid of it) I wonder if that message was geared towards men? They do think differently from us girls and maybe that might click with them (and of course someone will be trying to make some money from that idea too LOL)
I agree !!

Quote:
mountain walker: Ultimately I would love to work as a support worker in Junior school, so this is really good experience.
I am so excited about it! A career change at the grand old age of 47!
It does sound exciting... good for you!!!!!!!!!!! You are still a baby at 47!!!!

Quote:
OMG ... and here I am just back in from lazing in the sun and cooling breeze ... BUT think of it this way .. when you are doing that I will be freezing my butt off too Hugs .. keep warm and well!
Well, Katt, I am not sure you know what "cold" is....What do you think, Ubee??? Minnesota/Wisconsin cold or New Zealand cold????

Congrats, KerrBearMom on the great loss!!!

I am rested up now...slept for 9 hours!!!! We are going to get those 60 mile an hour winds again...so ....I will be tired and crabby!! I think wind could be used as a torture method!!!!

Later...
Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Geart loss Kerrbear! I see that your last post was your third. Good job joining us in the posting world!
Isles I told my husband we are moving!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #98  
Trying again

Right ... time for a catch up ..

WANNA - I have to get my pebbles today .. I have some already .. but they are in use around the house as decorations lol .. so I will just get myself some more instead ... and I need to see how many pebbles there will be to get my vase sizes right too lol .. but that is the goal this week to get that sorted Men most definitely think of weight loss as differently than woman I think .. LARRY .. WHAT DO YOU THINK?? He seems to be able to eat anything he wants really and still maintain or lose .. drives me nuts lol .. on the plus side he seems to have reached a plateau and he is getting as frustrated as I have gotten when I have hit it too lol .. I shouldnt laugh .. but I do enjoy the fact that he has finally slowed down so maybe now he has to think a little better about the food intake

MOUNTAIN - Its just in retail .. at a knitting shop ... not that I can knit .. well .. I can .. just cant cast on or off lol .. so I have a 12 foot scarf in the making which I ran out of wool for or it would be longer lol ... I do cross stitch as my creativity ... but I think its more about sales. Jobs in NZ are out there .. if you want them .. I am one of the lucky ones I think .. I have never really had a problem getting a job, not always my ideal one .. but its a job. I have been in retail off and on for over 20 years now, the last 13 years has been either as manager or assistant manager, so I can usually get back into it again easily ... I still dont know what I want to be when I grow up .. but Im thinking of going back to school .. just not sure which qualification area I want to add to (I have degrees/certificates already in - Child Psychology, Consumer Law, Business Management, Office Administration, Journalism, Clerk/Typist, Music ... I like learning lol) ... sooo will see how it goes .. second interview in a few hours then will know this week. I think a lane change at any age is brilliant! My grandad went back to school when he was in his 60s to learn keyboard/piano .. even though he had been playing for years .. but he wanted a certificate lol.

KENDRA - you are doing great ... I am looking forward to your weigh in next week .. you seem to have gotten into a good rhythm

ISLES - Good job this week I think you are right .. we dont get that cold where I am .. but I think its similar down the bottom of the country .. FERRIS?? I havent been there .. bad me really .. I do want to see the South Island (other than Christchurch, which I flew to, and Picton, which is the ferry stop and I just spent the day there before catching the ferry back to Wellington lol). But I know that down the bottom they do get pretty darn cold.... lots of snow.

UBEE - I think the jar is ideal for you .. but maybe 3 jars instead of 2 ... keep to the mini goal weight for the first 2 .. but then as each goal is reached tip those ones into the 3rd jar as the "overall" jar .. actually .. I think that is what I am going to do instead of having a really big couple of jars which heaps of stones in ... I will get 2 smaller jars for the mini goals and then have a bigger jar with the overall loss in I might get different colours of stones so that each challenge will be shown .. humm .. got me thinking now lol ..

KERR - Wow .. fantastic loss for you this week! Well done! I really think you are going to do incredible on this challenge

Just up a little earlier today so that I can get ready for my second interview for the job I interviewed for the other day. After I off to visit my bff and goddaughter ... taking the baking I did yesterday round with me lol .. I made these yummy cupcakes .. I have called them Coconut Butter Cupcakes .. but there is no dairy in them lol .. and each one is less than 200 calories (my other ones before I tweaked the recipe were closer to 300). She likes my baking so its a way for me to get them out of the house lol.

Really proud of everyone this week .. even for those that didnt lose as much as they hoped .. or that might have gone up .. or maintained .. its all about sticking to it regardless and you are .. so GREAT JOB!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

START WEIGHT: 356
GOAL WEIGHT: 326
TOTAL TO LOSE: 30

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 356
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 356

no loss.... but at least there is no gain.

This was a rough week... next week will be better
Old 01-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Hi all!

I was feeling pretty annoyed at myself since I last posted, because it was TOM and although I felt my clothes were a tiny bit looser, I didn't see it on the scale. So imagine my happiness this morning when I stepped on the scale (two days before my usual Monday weigh in, but I'm so pleased I'm counting it as today).

START WEIGHT: 278
GOAL WEIGHT: 250
TOTAL TO LOSE: 28

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 278
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 272.4 (-5.6)

I've been going to the gym for 6 weeks now, but this has been my first week back at work since my holidays. And I've been getting up at 5.50 to get to the gym just after 6. I am very much not a morning person, and it's been hard, but on the whole enjoyable. I find I have so much more energy for the day. I also saw someone who I haven't seen since I was at my lowest (258) and I've put on 20lbs since then. And yet she insisted that I looked like I'd lost weight. I think she's crazy, but it made me feel better about backtracking. And now I'm really heading in the right direction again!

Still a bit cold down here- nowhere near US levels of course, but I'm still bitter about not having my summer! It can get pretty cold down this part of the SI, and we get a bit of snow (there are usually about two days a year I can't get out of the house to get to work, which I don't complain too much about!) but it's pretty mild in general.

Mountain_walker & Katt- I am a huge supporter of career changes at any age. I think one of the great things about this day and age is how much more of an option it is compared to earlier generations. I teach at a uni, and we have quite a few 'mature' learners, who I admire so much and who have this great perspective on things, having already been out in the world, compared to my fresh-out-of-highschool students. So I truly believe it's never to late to learn a new skill or change career paths, if it makes you happy!

And now I'm off to have lunch- a new Mexican place has opened up nearby, and since we cook Mexican about 4 days a week, it'll be nice to have a day off and have it made for us. Super excited, as it's the sort of place I don't have to worry too much about going beyond my calories.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #101  

FerrisW...
Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 AM   #102  
Trying again

TIME - Great attitude ... keep it up Im sure its going to be like this for a lot of us at some point in the challenge ... so keep at it

FERRIS - Great job! So will pop it in the chart for you ... instead of posting the chart weekly Im going to post it every 4 weeks and it will show the body % too ... so its definitely a great addition Sorry to hear you still arent getting the summer down there ... making me wonder when is a good time to travel that way if I wanted a little holiday lol .. I definitely enjoy the heat when I have it .. and in Wellington its not too hot most of the time so its very enjoyable ... Still not sure what Im doing career-wise .. but will be happy with whatever it ends up being lol ...

Had a lovely couple of days ... my daughter is staying with us this weekend while the kids are staying with the partners family and we had a great mum/daughter day yesterday (which is a rare thing to just have the two of us). We did some cooking yesterday .. I made the filling for the filo pastry I was going to be using today .. and then we made some chocolate chip cookies (I know I know .. but its not me that eats them so thats fortunate lol). I had a terrible day with food yesterday though .. not overeating or eating wrong .. just couldnt get in the mood to eat .. so I ended up only having about 600 of my 1600 calorie target ... but I think I made up for it today .. ok .. maybe not .. but when Im hot I really dont get hungry :/

Today we had my bff, her sister and my goddaughter come around for an early tea (or late lunch lol) .. I made quite and array (with my daughters help lol) .. so we had bbq steak (I didnt lol), chicken on skewers (I had these), pork chops (nope) ... vegetable kebabs (for me courgette, capsicum, red onion ... and the others had the same but with mushroom & tomato) ... a lovely big salad, some baby potatoes ... and then my daughter had her first go at making sourdough bread rolls which turned out great and we all enjoyed one ... oh and the filo wraps (chicken, feta, cottage cheese, capsicum, onion, garlic, honey, soy, sesame seeds, parmesan) ... I made dessert too ...
- yummy fruit salad (nectarines, peaches, strawberries, grapes, pear, apple, plums), a naughty and very boozy tiramisu (sp?) ... I mainly had the salad .. and a couple of dessertspoons of the other lol ..

Was a lovely day outside ... had to move the chairs to the shade cos it was getting a little hot (sorry peeps!) ... but it was such a nice day .. was sad it ended .. but we have had a nice evening together (me hunny & ash), now we are just going to have a cuppa before bed (green tea for me!), I have just given Ashleigh a facial, and my hunny a foot massage ... so now they get to make the cuppa lol ... tomorrow we are off to a photo shoot location to see if it will be suitable for a shoot next weekend that we have booked .. then we drop my daughter off and home again. Monday is a holiday for the Wellington area as its Anniversary weekend for us so will be nice to spend the day with my hunny

I hope everyone else has had a lovely weekend Talk to you tomorrow some time Almost weigh in day .. Im hoping that my bad start to the week & TOM will have been counteracted by yesterday and today so my weigh in on Monday will be a good one too lol ....
Old 01-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #103  

Default I'm ready!

I would like to join in. I have a lot of weight to lose but I'm prepared to work hard and succeed! I will weigh in every Monday. Thanks in advance for your support and help.

START WEIGHT: 405
GOAL WEIGHT: (make it a challenge but realistic) 365
TOTAL TO LOSE: 40

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 405
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 400
Old 01-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #104  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Ferris Good Loss for you! Hooray!

Sunnydispo... What a great day for you coming up! You are going to change a number on your scale to "3" HOORAY! Looking forward to that posting!

NightKatt... oh ..it does sound like such a lovely and wonderful day with your family and friends. Those are the days to remember. The love and joy of each other! We have a holiday here too on Monday (tho our office is open) its Martin Luther King Day (we celebrate his birthday.. tho that is today really.. but Government likes making holidays on Mondays!) Enjoy your weekend and I am hoping you get that job you applied for!

My news.. I get to move 4 more pebbles to my lbs off jar HOORAY.. down to 239.. so 1 more lb over 1/2 way (81 pebbles in loss jar now with 79 more to go) I am a halfwayer! WOOHOO! Love being in my woosh week. Just helps the heart and mind!

Last edited by wannaskipandlaugh; 01-18-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

I can't believe I forgot to say how awesome everyone's doing when I posted yesterday!

Am completely thrown off my routine this morning- I'm supposed to meet a friend for brunch after the gym (it's how I justify having a meal out- I've worked out beforehand!) but when I got to the gym it was closed! Bit worried something has happened to one of the lovely people who work there, and also a bit annoyed because it's completely thrown off my day!

Katt- the food you post about always sounds so yummy! I'm jealous! Feb is usually a great time for visiting the SI- generally once the kids are in school the weather turns nice, which seems pretty unfair for them! It's a good place to visit- I'm Wellington born and raised myself, but love it down here all the same!

Love everyone's pebble jars idea- I hope everyone's keeping a photo record of it too! How amazing to watch one jar empty as the other fills!
Closed Thread