300+ Getting Fit After 40 #317

You're on Page 7 of 9
Go to
  • Wow, Checking MFP I found that I have been below my calorie goal every day since December 30th, This has to be a new record for me.
  • Thanks for the encouraging words everyone! While I had an indulgence yesterday, I think I managed to keep calories reasonable, avoided a late night snack. So that's all good. I think I'll just try to do that again today. I know I should write everything down too. I'll try that.

My oldest dog is definitely causing stress. He's nearly 14 and has some issue in his back that is causing a deterioration of movement in his back legs. This has been going on for a couple of years. A few months ago, the doctor had us take him off meds for his epilepsy, but then the seizures came back. Early this week we put him back on phenobarbital, and it worsened his walking and balance. He couldn't even stand. Heartbreaking. We've now lowered the drug dose and he's also adjusting and starting to be able to walk again... He also has incontinence issues...I don't sleep well at night as he sleeps with us and every twitch I think is a seizure, or he pees in the bed (we have him in wraps and lying on towels to protect sheets and mattress).

Anyway, he's my big worry right now. I hate watching him deteriorate, but it's not time yet to make the big decision...
  • Oh Heather my heart goes out to you. We're dealing with pup stress to with our Hallie (our second rescue labradoodle) who came to us heartworm positive a few years ago. Trying not to worry until she has surgery on February 7.

HAPPY HAPPY Birthday Debbie - hope you have a wonderful day. Welcome to the 50's - I'm loving mine - hope you do too!

Yesterday felt a little off food wise. I tasted what was really a very healthy chicken and dumplings before taking it to my niece's family. It was exciting to meet my first great-niece and snuggle with her. Her brother who is 2 ate up his "soup" even though it was full of veggies.

Planning a POP menu for the week so DH can get groceries in before we head back to the deep freeze (he loves grocery shopping and it keeps me out of the store most of the time).

Let's do this!
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEB!

• Sounds like you're having a good January, Larry.

Heather, that sounds so hard. I hope things go as easy as they can.

Carol, Don't you just love looking forward to another week of this cold?

Happy, happy birthday Debbie!
  • Thanks for all the bday wishes. Hubby got me my cake. I had 2 slices over the day. My sons family came for the afternoon. We had subway for dinner. I am just now getting over this crud. I even lost my appetite and we all know that doesn't happen to me. My chest xray was clear. I am staying home from church today and stay away from others germs.

My scales continue to go down. Not my idea of a good way to lose weight. I am dragging my mini tramp out today and plan to jump tomorrow even of it's only for 5 min. It will be a nice start. I am totally wiped out and need to slowly build back up some energy.
    I am ready to be well and feel good again. I am ready to eat right and get in shape again. I am still super thankful I haven't gained all my weight back but ready to see a new low. I am thinking of doing a week of clean eating and then start counting calories. I know even with calorie counting it has to be good clean foods.
    Heather bless your heart with your doggie issues. I have never had a dog but know it has to be so painful to watch and worry.
    Guess we are in for another round of COLD again. My daughter is now 38 wks pregnant and I am praying he waits and comes on a warm day.
  • Carol-- Good luck to Hallie. So stressful!

Debbie -- Hope you feel better and hope you do feel you got to celebrate some for your birthday!

I did manage to eat reasonably yesterday and no sweets. Excellent. Let's just do it again.

Thanks for your kindness about my old dog. We're just taking things day by day...
  • Great job keeping your eating on track, Heather!

I'm eating okay. Made kale chips tonight to take with lunches this week. More time consuming than the recipe made it sound… took like 6 trays to get all the kale cooked. Supposed to be a good anti-inflammatory, though.

Well, here we go again. High of 45 today. Tomorrow it's predicted to be 5.
  • The wind gust are horrible. We were 58 yesterday and tonight we will be -3 and a high of 8-10 tomorrow. No wonder everyone is staying sick!

Weigh in is down 10lb total for the month. 5 lbs was since Thursday.
  • Windy here overnight too, many without power. Yesterday was 58 and this morning it's -10. One day closer to spring, one day closer to spring, one day closer to spring.

Had a POP weekend and tried the whole roast cauliflower going around on FB. Was good to try something new although probably won't do that one again. Might change up the seasonings in the greek yogurt.

Angela - I'm interested in the kale chips. Please let me know how they are. I didn't know about the anti-inflammatory benefits.

Let's do this!
  • It was 30 at 6AM this morning. (11 when I went to bed.) Then the cold front whipped through with the wind roaring at 30 MPH. It's 19 and falling rapidly now but sunny. It snowed overnight so we've got the ground blizzard thing going in open areas.

Yesterday was not OP. I picked all day. Doing just fine today.

I've roasted cauliflower cut up and like that. Haven't done a whole head though.

Staying in for the rest of the day.

BTW is everyone not getting 3fc email notifications or just me? Seems to happen 4 or 5 times a week.
  • Well, I don't know if this was a good idea or not, but I signed up for a diet bet. I have to go out and buy a full-length mirror…

Brrrrrr……..

Carol -- The kale chips are fine, but work intensive. It might not have been so bad if I had used parchment paper like I was supposed to. Kale is supposed to have lots of antioxidants, but the bitter taste was always a little too strong for me raw.

Debbie -- Great loss!

Judy -- Hope the rest of the day went okay.
  • Brrr we are at 3 this morning. I am so ready for spring!!!!
    I went over a hare on calories yesterday but was still under 1500 so I think I am fine. Exercise still hasn't happened. When I get hot coughing starts so guess I will hold off another day or two.
    Stay warm everyone!
  • I indulged in stress eating last night. I guess I'm finally learning some of my triggers. I should not have been trying to meet a deadline on something that is already stressful when it was also bedtime. I have to start setting myself up for success by planning my schedule better (and saying no to more).

And this happened right after I signed up for that diet bet to give me motivation. I do not want to lose my $30!

Debbie, Coughing fits are no good. Hang in there… couple more days and I hope you'll be 100%.

Have a good Tuesday, all.
  • I was POP yesterday. Actually ended up a few points short of what I should have but I just wasn't hungry. I'm taking that as a good sign.

I had a couple of email notifications show up yesterday that were sent out on the morning of the 25th and arrived around 8 PM on the 27th. At least I got them.