300+ Getting Fit After 40 #317

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Got a different antibotic and praying it gets me over this crud. I'm not eating right at this point it's more about what hubby fixes or goes and gets.
    I am back to kids today and trying to get focused on eating right.
    We are in a heat wave, up to 33 today.
  • Deb, Angela Hope you're both feeling better today.

Angela, Bundle up, take your time and get to the office for your stuff. Grab a FF hot chocolate when you get home. It'll hug you and make you feel calmer and more in control.

Good job Carol!

I had a POP day yesterday. Since I didn't leave the house it was easier to stick to my plan. Today should be okay as I have w/i tomorrow sitting on my shoulders.

We didn't get any snow just the bitter cold which is pulling away today. This afternoon I'll go start the car and maybe take a spin around the block while it warms up.
  • After the cold snap we are around 20 WITH FREEZING DRIZZLE! The light at the end of the tunnel is 52 on Saturday - c'mon Saturday.

I'm actually looking forward to WI tomorrow. I have two challenges on Saturday that I'm feeling like I can handle.

Let's do this!
  • I made it yesterday and it's all recorded. Our roads are white but still having school which really surprises me.
    Not sure what meat we will have for dinner tonight but we will have a couple of veggies with it.
  • Went too WW this A.M. Short week since weather forced me to w/i last Saturday. I lost another .8 lb. 270's are staring me in the face. They are only 1.6 lbs away so I now have a short term goal! Gotta be strong!
  • I had a horrible day yesterday. Steriods and monthly hormones are not a good combo. My youngest daughter came home and baked brownies. Hubby went and bought ice cream. I had a bowl along with a brownie. I had done perfect to that point. Today is a new day and I will try again.
  • Morning all - time for some ice on the roads here - I'm ready to talk about spring flowers popping up.

WW WI this morning had me down 6 lbs. I hadn't restarted my tracker since I was with WW in 2012 - so after losing 6 lbs it showed I had gained 40.2 lbs since joining - WOW!

We are all past the initial new year's push and into the weariness of winter. I will try at least one new recipe this weekend and make a pot of homemade soup for lunch next week. I'll also try to get to the pool at least twice this week.

Let's do this!
  • HELLOOOOO Helloooooo helloooooooo - I'm lonely here.

Made it to the pool yesterday but think I will pass today. DH grilled last night - that was such a nice change. Working on my "no thank you" for tonight's banquet for appetizers, cocktails and sweets.

What's your plan for a POP weekend?
  • I'm here. It's really warm, 51º this morning. Talk about weather changing.

Carol, 1: Grab that water glass with both hands and ask the server if it would be possible to have a pitcher brought to the table. Then plunk it in front of you right were a plate of appetizers might try to end up.
    2: Take a few small Altoids with you to pop in your mouth if it getting hard to keep your hands off the food.
    3: If you know your table mates well and something you really, really like is in front of you, grin. Pick up the plate and say with a smile: "If any of you want these you need to move them away from me now!" Of course if you've planned ahead and they are on your plan - have one.

4: BE STRONG!!

Deb, Hope you're feeling a lot better and have put the brownies (drooling here ) and ice cream behind you.

Today will be a clean up day for me. Left over tuna. Left over pork. Strawberries and broccoli that need to be eaten. Should be an easy day to stay OP.
  • I had a wonderful but not op day. I went to my oldest daughters to help her in the house. Baby is due in less than a month and I'm not sure she will make it another wk. I am excited but very concerned for her , you can tell she is exhausted.
    Hard core starts tomorrow. This Grammie is ready to get back at it.
  • Hi all, just checking in quickly. Trip went okay. My eating was reasonable, but virtually no exercise. Back home tomorrow, classes start Monday, so my goal is to set up good habits for the next 17 weeks.

Enjoy the improved weather everybody.
  • Yesterday was POP. No plans for today. We'll see what the day brings.
  • Just popping in! I seem to be at a loss for really getting things in gear. I wish I understood why.
  • Judy thanks for the advice. Stayed away as they were serving at the birthday party. No thank you to appetizers, gave away my drink coupons, great choices at the buffet line. The sweets talked - not they shouted. I had 1.5 pcs.

Didn't get a new recipe tried this week but have a couple in mind, including cauliflower soup, slow cooker chicken enchilada soup and bang bang cauliflower (recently posted here on 3FC).

Let's do this!
  • Today was not a op day but very close. Tommorow we start exercising after dinner. I'm sure walking a mile will kill me at first.