New to the forum and a lot to lose.

• New to the forum and just getting started. A little about me I am 425 lbs 6'3" and on a road to better health. Trying to find the right "meal plan" for me and find exercise that is as fun as it is hard.
  • Welcome aboard! I hope you'll look around and chime in. Very supportive people here...don't be afraid to ask!
  • HI luvin,

Hope your finding your way around. Did you find a plan that works for you? I hope you did. What always works for me is counting calories. I know some people are not wired that way so you have to find what's best for you. Good luck..
  • Quote: Welcome aboard! I hope you'll look around and chime in. Very supportive people here...don't be afraid to ask!
    Thanks

Quote: HI luvin,

Hope your finding your way around. Did you find a plan that works for you? I hope you did. What always works for me is counting calories. I know some people are not wired that way so you have to find what's best for you. Good luck..
    I am, I've had a busy week of work. I am trying to get into counting calories. I got the my fitness pal app. I sometimes just get caught up in the day and forget to add. I am also going back to being a vegetarian/ pescatarian. I at least felt better eating like that weather I dropped weight or not.
  • When I first started to lose weight and hadn't met with my nutritionist yet, I started by eliminating soda and obviously unhealthy snacks (chips, cake, etc.) and adding in more chicken and vegetables. I also started out with small bouts of physical activity to increase my endurance.

These small changes got the ball rolling and I got addicted to my healthy eating and getting my exercise in. I couldn't believe when I lost my first 10lbs, it was a miracle. It turned into losing 150lbs in 10 months and now I'm more or less maintaining as I haven't dedicated myself to losing more. The important thing is that I know what and how to eat now and will never ever gain this weight back.

I wish you the best of luck. My experience is nothing short of a miracle and if I can do it, anyone can.
  • I hope you're finding exercise you enjoy, too, as you said you wanted to. I struggled for years with not finding exercise that was right for me. I enjoy walking, but only outdoors (not on a treadmill or track), and of course weather sometimes makes that challenging, so I had a hard time getting really regular about exercise.

What helped me finally start to enjoy exercise I could do indoors was to start trying things I didn't think I could do but that sounded like fun (using DVDs; I'm not a go-to-the-gym kinda gal). I modified however much was necessary, and over time I get closer and closer to "really" doing what I'm trying to do.

Things I've tried and enjoyed: kickboxing, tai chi, yoga, salsa dancing, ballet.
  • Hi Luvin,

I also came to 3FC with a lot of weight to lose (starting at 470) I hope you just keep hanging in there. I have had lots of ups and downs. I have had to learn to be content with progress and not perfection.

Best,

D