3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Getting Fit After 40 #314 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/288149-300-getting-fit-after-40-314-a.html)

dgramie 10-01-2013 08:54 AM

300+ Getting Fit After 40 #314

300+ Getting Fit After 40 #314
WELCOME TO October!

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!

dgramie 10-01-2013 08:55 AM

So ready for October type weather! Im ready for some sweats.

Ubee 10-01-2013 09:49 AM

Happy October Everyone!
I love Fall. Time to slow down and enjoy the important things in life.
Yesterday was good with food and exercise. I have a plan for today but am hungry already. Might be one of those days. I must stay focused.
Have a good day!

sweetcakes736 10-02-2013 12:48 AM

I'm here just getting in groove at the New job...can't wait to start on day shift..night shift is not good for eating sensibly for me. Rough week just need to get through to get back on the exercise wagon....just need to make it to Sunday.

So proud of everyone hanging on and working together!!!

Heather 10-02-2013 06:22 AM

Deb, thanks for starting the new thread!!!

I love fall!!!!

dgramie 10-02-2013 07:00 AM

I did good yesterday and slept so much better. Cant wait to have another good day today. I have a haircut planned and then will start keeping nursery tonight at church. I will enjoy it I think. We have so many young parents who want to come to Bible study but didnt have daycare.
I plan to ask ?? tonight about the zumba classes.

gggirls 10-02-2013 07:03 AM

Thanks Debbie for starting the thread. End of month at work was a doozy for me.

Staying POP as well as within calorie range. I am getting more calories lifting and hauling things from my folks house. I'm going to declutter, I'm going to declutter, I'm going to declutter................

Stay strong!

dgramie 10-02-2013 07:11 AM

I really plan to start decluttering as soon as my daughter moves her stuff into their new home. HOping they are in by the end of the year. I know I have 30yrs of stuff in this house and we dont need most of it. I know i would be happier with most of it gone.

Ubee 10-02-2013 09:55 AM

Hi Everyone!
Yesterday was OP with food and exercise.
I've been doing really well and am giving a big push to get 10 pounds off BUT I am so crabby! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Have a focused day!

Heather 10-03-2013 06:16 AM

I cooked up a mess of veggies for dinner last night. First time in a LONG time. Sadly, they weren't as good as I would have liked. I'm out of practice!!

dgramie 10-03-2013 07:12 AM

aww Heather that stinks. I hate when something isnt as good as it should be, or just doesnt hit the spot.

I had a good OP day yesterday. I plan to get lots of walking in the next few days. Our town will be having yard sales and I plan to walk to a lot of them.

Ubee 10-03-2013 08:27 AM

Hi Everyone!
Yesterday I was OP with exercise, food was another story.
I have a lot of loose ends to finish today.
Deb, nice to hear you are giving parents a kiddo break so they can renew their spirits.
Have a good day Everyone!

gggirls 10-03-2013 08:44 AM

The cooler weather has me feeling like I need to nest - which normally means cooking. Working to make it healthy. May get in soup mode and get some fall goodies froze for quick dinners.

I'm off today and going to take some time for me!

Stay strong!

dgramie 10-04-2013 06:56 AM

I did pretty good yesterday, carbs were a bit higher than I like them to be. I did make some really good choices like skipping out on the steak fries at dinner. I just a had a burger and picked off some of the extra bun.

My daughter is coming home tonight for a short visit so I will get some time with my grandson and hoping to get to feel our new addition to the family kick. She is due in early feb.

Yard sales are all over the place here and I cant decide if I want to spend my saturday going to them or not. I really dont need any clutter and finding clothes for myself is rare. I do love buying for my grandkids though. I guess I will see how the weather is and then decide.

gggirls 10-04-2013 07:30 AM

Need to make better food choices today.

Stay strong!

Ubee 10-04-2013 09:37 AM

Hi Everyone!
Yesterday someone gave us a gift of a huge tub of cheeseballs. Nice. My hand did go in a few times... Peanut was thoughtfull enough to spill the whole container on the floor for me. I was never so happy to pick up a mess.
I have a plan for today but am already worrying about tomorrow. Saturday is a weak day for me.
Debbie, enjoy your time with your grandbabies!
Have a focused day Everyone!

sweetcakes736 10-04-2013 01:40 PM

fighting hard to stay on target....didn't lose any this week but didn't gain either...stayed steady at 308.2....this weekend should end the insanity...today I take a test to see if I get the day shift job and then finish up the last of my projects.....fingers crossed...next week begins a much smoother trek of the journey then as of let....

Hope everyone survives the weekend in tact!!

j-ann 10-04-2013 02:27 PM

POP yesterday and so far today! I love Fall weather and am feeling in control. Just hope it continues.

NewBeginnings360 10-04-2013 05:39 PM

Need a kick in the rear. . .

Just found this website, trying to find some support to reaching my goal. Any suggestions to getting health and fit would greatly be appreciated.

j-ann 10-05-2013 08:03 PM

I'm keeping it together. :dizzy: I'm w/i my points and even went to a church chicken and biscuit supper tonight. Planned ahead. Ate a late, low point, lunch and was able to have a bit of everything except pie. I could have fit it in without going over my daily points but it's a "trigger food" for me so I passed it up.

On to Sunday. The day that's been my downfall lately. Planning ahead to make it a successful day.

Have a wonderful weekend and remember to do something nice for yourselves.

dgramie 10-06-2013 08:47 AM

Well I hit one yardsale and spent a quarter. LOL Rain started and I dont need anything enough to dig thru wet stuff.
I didnt do so great last night, in fact I just blew it. Today is a new day.

Heather 10-06-2013 06:32 PM

Welcome, New Beginning!! There are so many suggestions and ideas here. I always feel I have to start with small changes and build from there

dgramie 10-07-2013 06:35 AM

Its Monday again, weekends go to fast!
I have a healthy menu planned for today. I didnt even step on the scales this morning.

gggirls 10-07-2013 07:04 AM

I have got to reign in my weekends. Need to work on a 7 day plan - not 5.

Stay strong!

Ubee 10-07-2013 10:00 AM

Hi Everyone!
I am happy to report my weight stayed the same this week. I have a kettle of turkey & veggie soup on the stove.
Welcome New Beginnings! I suggest reading everything you can get your hands on and find some changes you can live with. I recommend Beck Diet Solution for dealing with all the emotions. It is a book to go with any diet plan you choose. You can do this and you are worth it. We all are!
Have a focused day Everyone!

j-ann 10-07-2013 10:26 AM

Whee! I made it through Sunday (Like Carol it's my bad day) with only one questionable decision that I was able to work around with my extra points.

If I can hold it together until Thurs. morning weigh in I'm sure the scale will go down.

Stormy cold front is about 10 miles away. The dog is getting antsy. It is like Summer this this morning. In a couple hours our temps will be back to October standards of 50s and low 60s.

Gotta get my 'puter stuff done fast ............bye!

gggirls 10-08-2013 07:06 AM

Yay Judy!

Made a few bad decisions yesterday but was able to pull the day out without it being total shambles. Today needs to be POP.

Stay strong!

j-ann 10-08-2013 07:41 AM

Good job pulling yourself back in Carol.

I had to do the same thing but ended up not using any extra points. I had to yell "NO! STOP" at myself in my head, but it worked!

Ubee 10-08-2013 08:38 AM

Hi Everyone!
Yesterday was good enough. I was about to eat my planned supper last night when I realized I had had enough unplanned foods and I would not starve to death if I skipped a meal.
Have a plan for today now I need to stay focused.
Have a good day!

NewBeginnings360 10-09-2013 11:49 AM

I am still very new at this posting, , , and trying to read as much as I can. Hopefully to help me realize that I am not the only one dealing with all the issues that come with trying to lose weight to get healthy (considering my size and age). I am just so tired all the time and can't seem to get focused on anything. I just want to curl up and take a nap. I've been trying to buy healthier, but its been hard remembering my goal with all this Halloween candy everywhere

NewBeginnings360 10-09-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather (Post 4856386)
Welcome, New Beginning!! There are so many suggestions and ideas here. I always feel I have to start with small changes and build from there

Thanks, Heather - I guess I'm a bit impatient, I have been taking great strides to all the small changes but not seeing any results. I am determined, but just very impatient.

I do see hope and the scales tilting with this journey. I have accepted that with this new beginning . . . this journey will never truely end. This is a life long commitment to a healthy exsistance.

j-ann 10-10-2013 11:54 AM

Doing the :dance:

Just back from WW. I really worked hard at sticking to the program last week and it paid off big time. I lost 5.8 lbs and that includes having gone to a chicken and biscuit dinner at a local church last Saturday.

Please, please, please may I be able to stay in this motivated groove.

Larry H 10-10-2013 11:19 PM

Hello,

I am Larry and 69 years young. I hope that qualifies me for the over 40 group?

I am getting back after a 9 month binge. To try once again.

I have heard that you do not fail unless you quit trying.

Vortex_VVV 10-11-2013 02:27 PM

Hi all, I'm still alive. Have been struggling not just with diet and exercise but life lately. I'm trying again to get refocused, though. I have just been maintaining for over 3 months now. It is time to LOSE some more pounds.

I've been trying to train my freshmen to act like human beings during class by offering them rewards for doing so, and it's working pretty well. I decided I ought to try the same thing with myself. So, if I do EVERYTHING I am supposed to do today (eat OP, track what I eat, get at least 20 minutes intentional exercise, and keep hydrated), I get a reward. If that works, I will try for two POP days and reward myself again. I need *something* to help me get back in the groove, I know that much.

Welcome, New Beginnings! I know when I was close to your weight I also had very little energy. After losing just the first 20 or so pounds, I found my energy increased, and that has continued. I also found that with just a LITTLE extra exercise, my appetite decreased a little and my mobility increased a lot. So I would encourage you to try to just increase your movement by some small amount at first. I agree with Heather--small steps to get started seem to work for lots of us.

Welcome Larry--I think you heard right about failing and trying. What kind of plan are you following?

Hello to everyone I missed!

j-ann 10-11-2013 03:38 PM

My Moment Of Truth

I finally beat down the procrastinator in me and actually looked at my WW stats for the firsts time in about a year. I'm one of these folks who doesn't like to know when I gain, so I don't look. I'd go to a w/i every month or so but not look in my log book. Just shoot me now. I figured I was messing with having to re-lose about 25 lbs to get back to my 75 lbs lost in July 2012.............. It's 46.5 lbs. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shocker that is. No wonder my knees hurt so much more this year.

I'm glad I did finally face the music and I plan to get rid of the whole 46.5 and then continue downward. I've lost 6.5 lbs of it already. Thank heavens for that.

My whine is over. Figured if it's print - it's really true so it's time to continue to stay serious and work hard to get smaller and healthier.

Larry H 10-11-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vortex_VVV (Post 4860307)

Welcome Larry--I think you heard right about failing and trying. What kind of plan are you following?

Vortex VVV Thank you for the welcome. I am calorie counting and using My Fitness Pal to record. My daily goal is 1,630 calories

dgramie 10-12-2013 09:10 AM

I had a much better day yesterday. I stayed within my calorie limit but my carbs were still higher than I like but I will work on that more today. I did some yard work and counting it as my exercise. I pulled up the last of my garden. I picked a few more tomatoes and lots of bell peppers. I will be cutting them up and putting them in the freezer to add to stuff this winter. Hard to believe another growing season is over. I plan to do a few more things in the yard today to prepare for winter. I still have a watermelon out there its the size of a softball. I think I will just let it stay until time for frost and just see what it does. We had one that we were able to eat this year. I just threw a handful of seeds into a flower bed. Its been a lot of fun to watch them grow.

Heather 10-13-2013 08:44 AM

I've missed my garden a lot. Hoping to actually plant some garlic today for next year! I have only one space that's ready for planting but I will give it a try. Need to bone up on how to plant garlic first!

Weight is stable. have gone up and down the same 5 pounds all day -- which is a hug improvement over past years, but not where I want to be.

dgramie 10-14-2013 06:49 AM

Well its a new week and can be a fresh start.

gggirls 10-14-2013 07:09 AM

Agreed Debbie - new week - new start! Yesterday I grazed and never felt "satisfied" with it. That is a behavior I haven't seen for a very long time. Today load up on veggies - sounds so good.

Stay strong!