Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Well I had to work late tonight so I only got in a little over 3/4 of a mile walking. I think I will get up early in the morning and head to work and walk the block around the school. If I do that twice I will be up a mile before I have to start work. Now to just do it!!! LOL.

Eating has been good but the scale is not moving. However, I have been getting loads of compliments (of course these people haven't seen me all summer) but hey I will take them.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #77  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

A friend of mine is doing weight watchers ... so far over 6kg in 6 weeks. Im so proud of her. One thing about her journey is that they measure her as well .. was thinking maybe we could incorporate an update every 4 weeks on any inches/centimetres lost too ... sometimes that makes the lack of movement in the scales more acceptable dont you think??

My hunny is taking my pic tomorrow .. gonna wear something fitting so it shows all the lumps and bumps to make me aware of them. But I will also get my measurements for waist, hips, upper arms, neck, thighs & calves .. oh and bust (eek!)

I have been busy all day .. recovered quickish from the workout then decided it was time to get moving again .. put on a load of washing then ducked down to the supermarket to get some fresh fruit n veg ... came home, cleaned the kitchen, hung up the washing, put on another load, had a 30 min relax, then started prepping dinner and dessert (chicken/cashew stir fry and a fruit salad) .... I originally made a single serving for my dinner as hunny was naughty today and had a pie and a flapjack for his lunch so he said he was going to have eggs on toast lol .. but when he came in and saw mine he gave me that look .. so I got a half serving lol .. but I added in a little holoumi goats cheese, some extra cashew nuts and a few sesame seeds ... as well as some jasmine rice ... so even though it was a half portion, and all I have eaten today .. I feel so full!! Will have the fruit salad and yoghurt later (strawberries, kiwifruit green/gold, nectarine, apple, grapes red/green, banana and a splash of orange juice) ....

Has anyone else gone out somewhere where food is involved (lunch, morning tea, dinner etc) and you put so little on your plate because you dont want people to think "oh look how much she eats, no wonder she is fat" ?? I do all the time .. and yet .. now that I am keeping a food journal I am so far below the calorie intake for each day that its rediculous .. but then .. I have to keep reminding myself that it was my bad choices of food that got me to this point ... when I went to the market today I passed the chocolate bars and biscuits on special at the end of the aisles .. and my trolley slowed down with that little thought in my head of .. mmm .. you did a work out this morning .. and you havent had anything to eat ... you can afford to have a treat ... but happily I told my little voice to shut up ... and focused on what fruit was I going to get

I think temptation is a good thing on this journey .. I tried to avoid the temptation by not getting in the vicinity of it .. but then I thought no .. I need to be able to face the temptation and overcome the urge to do it .. its almost like when I gave up smoking cold turkey (nearly 12 years ago). I did that .. I can darn well do this
Old 08-23-2013, 02:00 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 158/140/120

Ok! YAY
Old 08-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I would like to join if it isn't too late.

I really need to kick my rear in gear. I will be turning 30 on November 1st and I would like to be a little, well littler lol, by then. And then continuing the losses into the new year.

Start- 253.8

Week 01 Aug 26-
Week 02 Sep 02-
Week 03 Sep 09-
Week 04 Sep 16-
Week 05 Sep 23-
Week 06 Sep 30-
Week 07 Oct 07-
Week 08 Oct 14-
Week 09 Oct 21-
Week 10 Oct 28-
Week 11 Nov 04-
Week 12 Nov 11-
Week 13 Nov 18-
Week 14 Nov 25-
Week 15 Dec 02-
Week 16 Dec 09-
Week 17 Dec 16-
Week 18 Dec 23-

Goal- 220

Last edited by Mara; 08-23-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #80  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

NightKatt - I was just taking a minute to check in. After reading your post, I am wondering if part of your problem is that your body is in starvation mode because you eat too little and not at regular intervals in the day. I have been reading lots of articles and my girlfriend gave me a couple of books and a lot of them point to a body needing fuel to burn for energy, and the proper fuel that causes the body to continue to burn off it's own fat. I am doing Weight Watchers, but my best friend is doing the Ideal Protein and she has dropped about 60 lbs since March. Like I said, I am definitely not an expert, or I wouldn't be in the boat I am in...and you have obviously been losing...so it's just a thought.
I have to go and get groceries for the weekend...with my angel on one shoulder, and little devil on the other! I am trying to weed out the bad stuff, but my husband and daughter haven't quite bought into the whole unprocessed food idealism. So, I will do my best to steer away from the bad stuff.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

Nightkatt - Don't let what others think influence your decisions on what you put on your plate. Or well, how much!!! They'll think nasty regardless, so if you want a big salad, pile it on. If you want x , y , z just make sure they factor into your daily calorie plan, and eat it. Don't let peoples thoughts influence you, please. It's a dangerous thing to do.

I skipped the gym last night, and made yesterday my cheat day. Usually, I save the cheat day, or let myself have a little wiggle room for the weekends. This weekend I'll have to be good because we went out to a restaurant to celebrate a birthday.

So, craziness here. But next month I am doing a diet bet challenge, and need to lose 12 pounds in a month!! So I'll be diving into Jillian, cutting out soda 100% and cutting out bread for the majority of the month. It'd be flippin awesome if I hit 12 pounds or exceeded 12. :laugh: I'll be sad if I don't make my goal, I want my cash back

Last edited by ShyHeather; 08-23-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: inserted missing words
Old 08-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #82  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Heather, im currently doing a diet bet, its cool I Dont think I will win much though, everyone already met their goal, including me but I wanted money!! Lol
Old 08-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #83  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Night Kat, im down for pics/ measurements
Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
Hey Heather, im currently doing a diet bet, its cool I Dont think I will win much though, everyone already met their goal, including me but I wanted money!! Lol
I am sure, or at least hopefully that everyone will hit their target, and we all just earn our money back. I won't lie a part of me would love to get a little extra, but I am fine with just my small $25 bet back. I plan to buy myself a nice top as a reward.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #85  

Height: 5'9"

Hello All! Just checking in! Just checked out the chart, awesome! I am down for measurements & pictures! Just want to mention.. It has been exactly 1 week without any diet soda!

Hope everyone's week is great! Stay motivated ladies!

Old 08-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #86  
Trying again

BoatingMommy- Oh I KNOW that I should eat more often lol .. I have been told that for years ... and for a while I was good and did at least 3 meals at the right times each day .. but tried to do the 6 small meals and all I felt like was that I was eating all day I have gotten better with my calorie intake .. Im eating pretty much the amount I have eaten for years .. the only difference is that I have cut out the chocolate & cookies. If I did more exercise I probably would eat more often, but Im pretty sedentary at the moment other than housework and working occasionally. But today has started well having a shake for breakfast (which I usually skip cos now I feel ick consuming something other than water lol .. )

ShyHeather - it doesnt affect me as much as it used to ... I dont go out very often now lol .. but I do find it hard to eat in front of some people .. my mother is one lol .. but that is only because she is vocal in what or how much I am eating ... I know she means well, but it does get annoying.

Diet bet?? What on earth is a diet bet???

Mara - Nooo .. not too late .. jumping in any time is ab fab! Welcome on board You will find I natter a lot more than everyone else lol .. I tend to think as I type then my posts get longer as I am typing what I am pondering lol. So to give you a shortened idea of some of my suggestions .. weekly overview of everyones results and team results in a spreadsheet which I will post Wednesdays .. photos before and after challenge .. xmas card exchange ... measurement changes each month .. positive post or sentence each day you post ... recipe ideas for healthy meals ... so let us know what you are thinking .. we are here to support each other and happy to have you on board the journey with us

So as I said .. I started the day with a Kate Morgan Cappuchino shake .. I tell myself its like having a coffee .. but its so filling my tummy is not comfortable with a food of any kind in the morning ... but I will persevere with the breakfast-ish to try to get at least back to 3 meals a day instead of one plus snacks lol.

Im a lot happier today ... my hunny is home with me .. after almost 12 years together I thought I would be happier to not see him so much lol .. but nope .. love every minute I am with him ... even when he drives me nuts lol. Today I am going to do a hunt for a tape measure and get my measurements, then I am getting my hunny to take my pic (eek) and Im going to post it when he gives it to me rather than waiting until the end of the challenge (talk about scary lol). We have some general house cleaning to do (as I did most of it through the week so not much for the weekend) and just hanging out together with our dogs ...

Oh .. there is a new get to know you .. do any of you have pets?? What sort??? I have 4 dogs:
Gizmo - long haired Chihuahua (tri-coloured) .. she is the queen of the house and doesnt like being bugged by her family lol .. she is 11 and is the mother to....
Baer - (pronounced Bear) long haired chi/dashund, she is a jealous lil minx, even when getting attention from one of us, if the other shows attention to one of the others she butts in wanting a hug too lol .. ... she is 10 and the girlfriend of ...
Pepa - chihuahua/papillion ... he is a funny man, 6 years old .. and the father (with Baer) to...
Teagan - chi/pap/hund - very shy little girl, was the runt of the litter and too cute to let go lol .. she is 5
Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #87  

I have a chihuahua named Kyle, he's tan with a little white on his chest. I also have three cats.

Cupcake is a snowshoe / siamese mix (kitten still)
Mali is an orange tabby
Lucy is a black tuxedo cat

Hope to adopt another Spitz when I move into an actual house.

Bust: 54"
Left Arm: 18"
Right Arm: 18"
Belly Button: 52 1/2"
Hips: 56"
Left leg: 26 1/2"
Right leg: 26"

My measurements are pretty awful!
Old 08-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #88  
Trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyHeather View Post

Bust: 54"
Belly Button: 52 1/2"
Hips: 56"
Left leg: 26 1/2"
Right leg: 26"

My measurements are pretty awful!
No they arent bad Heather .. mine are almost the same as yours!! Will set up the new chart and post it at the same time as the weight one .. only measurements will be a 4 weekly thing I think ... do you think that is long enough .. or should we make it 6 weekly .. that way there will be one now, one in the middle of the challenge ....and then a final at the end of the challenge.

Bust: 55"
Belly Button: 50"
Hips: 57"
Left leg: 27"
Right leg: 27"

My hunny took my front side back pic today .. just waiting for him to put the three together then I will post it .. icky! But as it was my idea seems only fair lol. Going to do the pics each time I measure .. so I think 6 weeks may be a good idea, and will try to wear the same outfit .. so will be later tonight and I will post it
Old 08-24-2013, 03:30 AM   #89  
Trying again

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxALICIAxx View Post

Hello All! Just checking in! Just checked out the chart, awesome! I am down for measurements & pictures! Just want to mention.. It has been exactly 1 week without any diet soda!

Hope everyone's week is great! Stay motivated ladies!

WTG!! Great job cutting something addictive out of your diet .. Im the same with Chocolate and Biscuits lol .. 2 weeks for me .. and ooooh .. its been hard the last few times I have gone out ... but as long as I keep thinking of my goal I can do this .. and then I can have a treat later
Old 08-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #90  
Trying again

Hmmm .. ok .. that didnt work ... right trying to post this icky pic .. definitely not one I am happy with .. but its the real me that I hide well under clothes normally .. what an eye opener

Have tried attaching it too .. not sure how to get the pic to show otherwise .. any help would be good
Attached Images
File Type: jpg katt.jpg (27.3 KB, 29 views)
Closed Thread