Old 07-23-2013, 02:10 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 350/ticker/164

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyquk View Post
Wow 93 lbs is amazing. I can't even imagine losing that much that quickly. So far I have lost 9lbs in 14 days but this morning I had put on 1.5lbs and I didn't eat 1100 calories yesterday... Are you taking the 39.5mg? Any issue with heart rate/bp? At the moment I am only taking 20mg as my bp elevated on full dose
Oh, sorry for not clarifying, I'm not taking anything, just eating low carb
HeidiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #17  
300+ Chick

I agree with Odd Duck about the diet pills. My medical doctor prescribed me twice, but I refused on taking, even though for a short term use. In 2010, my Phd doctor gave me Topamax to help me, but instead, made me insane...so I had stopped it and never,never will I use diet pills for weight loss. I had lost 100 Lbs twice in the dieting world and I can do this on my own.

Wishing you good luck with your efforts and successfull healthier lifestyle change ..Be carefull with those diet pills, .. ((((Hugs)))
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 335/305/225

Height: 5'4

I started taking phentermine in April and am down 45 pounds now... Nothing super dramatic but that's honestly without making many lifestyle changes except smaller portions and no fast food (still addicted to caffeine lol)... Good luck!
NorCalMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 263/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, and hi Susy!

I wanted to share my experiences with phentermine with you and check how you're doing since you last posted.

I was on phentermine a couple years back and I lost weight with it, but I put it back on when I stopped. But, I started taking it again on July 1st this year and I can really say that this time its so so different cos my motivation is so much higher. I have a 3 year old daughter and two sons and I really want to be a healthy mom for them and set a good example. Your motivation is the child you want, so I think this will really keep you going as you know why your doing this and what your heading for on your weight loss journey.

My heart rate was always fine on phentermine, but its something you should keep an eye on for sure. I was a little slow to start losing this time though, and like you I didn't feel the energy kicking in like it did before. But, my friend recommended phen caps to me, there a supplement you can get to boost the phentermine. I've been taking the two of them for the last couple weeks and my losses have come back up to 3 or 4lbs a week, and I have enough energy to exercise which is really helping me keep motivated as I feel Im actually doing something rather than just eating less.

I think this site is great though, and there is a forum on phentermine.com too which I'm on, everyone is so supportive. Something like posting your weekly weigh-ins can really help give you a focus too
jennybutler357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #20  

Default Hi

Thank you to everyone for their feedback.

I am still sticking with a half tablet a day as it allows me to sleep (full tablet means insomnia) and in the last 35 days I have been to the gym and worked out on 31 of them

I am down to 282.8 and while my loss is not as quick as some I am making a change to my life and making sure I stay healthy.

Jenny, what are the boosters you were taking?
susyquk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:14 AM   #21  

Hey Susy, great to hear your update. That's incredible you went to the gym so many times!! Wow! I am so impressed!! Are you still doing the swimming and aqua aerobics? I'm really into pilates, and I do cardio and strength training too. I never thought I'd be a fan of exercise but I think if you find the right one for you then it can be pretty addicting!

You're right about the life changes, and I've read so many articles lately about how to keep the weight off and all of them say two things, that losing weight slowly and including exercise in your life are the ways you keep the weight off in the long term. So, you're on the right track absolutely!

The boosters I take are called phen caps. Do you have more energy on the phentermine yet, and have you noticed any other changes or anything? I was having a few side effects but they have settled down now thankfully.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #22  

Default Still going strong

Hello!

Still going strong on the diet, still taking either a half tablet or a tablet a day - I vary between the two depending on how early I take it as, if it is after 6am, it stops me sleeping if I take a full tablet.

I am still doing the aquaerobics and swimming - personal best last night - I swam 1 mile in 48 mins... that's 15 mins less than the first time I managed to swim a complete mile in a little less than 2 months of swimming.

Still no more energy on the phentermine and the only thing I am really noticing is the insomnia and that I have very few bowel movements (TMI) these days - I think tho that may just be due to the small amounts of food and the amount of exercise meaning my body really has no waste to dispose of.

I am up to drinking 150oz of water a day and, for the first time in 7 years, I have seen my ankles every day for the last two weeks!

Down to 276lbs as of this morning.

I will take a look for the phen caps! Thank you, Jenny.

(28 out of the last 31 days have involved me at the gym/pool/class)
Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #23  

Hi Susy!!!

Great to hear your update! You really are something, 28 in 31 days of doing exercise, drinking all that water, swimming personal best....!!!

WELL DONE!!!! Both on your effort and your losses, you're doing so well!!!!

I just had a vacation and now I have to get back into exercise mode, although my vacation involved a lot of hard work as I was helping out on my uncle's farm, I think I found muscles I didn't even know I had!!!

Have a great week and keep us updated!

Last edited by jennybutler357; 08-21-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 390/390/199

When I took phentermine before I had constipation issues. It really helped me to take myralax to help with it.
workinghardatlosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 409/392/150

Height: 5'5"

Heidi - just out of curiosity (and if you don't mind me asking!), how old are you? I ask because I once had tremendous success losing weight when I was in my 20s (100 pounds in 8 months), but now that I'm 35 I'm finding a much bigger struggle.
lariet50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 350/ticker/164

Quote:
Originally Posted by lariet50 View Post
Heidi - just out of curiosity (and if you don't mind me asking!), how old are you? I ask because I once had tremendous success losing weight when I was in my 20s (100 pounds in 8 months), but now that I'm 35 I'm finding a much bigger struggle.
I'm 33. I attribute the fast loss to the fact that I have completely cut out grains and sugar. In all of my other attempts I've lost at a pace of 1.5-2.5 lbs a week (after the first few bigger losses) and those diets were heavy on the carbs (50-60%). Even "good carbs" like whole grains and such slow me down. I have PCOS w/ Insulin resistance so I really need to steer clear of the carbs anyway, the fast weight loss was just a happy surprise.

ETA: Oh, and just to update on the hair loss thing, it has slowed way down, to a point where I'm not freaking about it, and I have a fair amount of regrowth already. So for anyone dealing with hair loss related to weight loss, try not to freak too bad, it does get better

Last edited by HeidiNicole; 08-26-2013 at 01:17 AM.
HeidiNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #27  

Well from the 21st to the 28th I only lost 2.5 lbs but since my hubby put on 5 in the same time period I will take it !

We had inlaws here, a wedding, a restaurant week outing and my mom arrived.. yada yada.

I still went to the gym every day (and am taking my 62 year old mother with me) and stuck to my calories each day (tho much closer to the 1250 than I am normally)

I am hoping that I will make that up tomorrow. I have gone from my heaviest of 313 down to my current 273.5 (on the 28th) another half pound and I will be 40 lbs down - another 3.6lbs and I will be back in the 260s.. which has been about 5 years.

Hope everyone else is doing well and thank you all for the support!
Old 09-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #28  

Hey susy!

I just thought I'd check up on your progress and I see you're doing great - nearly 40 pounds, wow!!!

How are you finding the phentermine? I'm nearly up on mine, I have about two and a half weeks left so I'm hoping to get some good losses in and then have a month off I guess but still take my supplements and hopefully still lose a pound or two each week.

Have a great weekend!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Welcome and good luck to you!!!

Please be careful with phentermine, I was on it once and had wonderful results but the problem comes down the road when you stop taking it. Your appetite seems to come back, and STRONG! I gained almost all of my weight back and then some.
However, it's all about lifestyle changes! You can do it!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybutler357 View Post
Hey susy!

I just thought I'd check up on your progress and I see you're doing great - nearly 40 pounds, wow!!!

How are you finding the phentermine? I'm nearly up on mine, I have about two and a half weeks left so I'm hoping to get some good losses in and then have a month off I guess but still take my supplements and hopefully still lose a pound or two each week.

Have a great weekend!!!
Hi jenny. Hope you got the result you were looking for!! I have been on vacation for a week and went to New Orleans. Didn't take the phen while I was there as I did have some booze. Came back with no change in weight which I am very happy with. Hopefully this week I will lose more. Only 3 more lbs and I will be down 50.

Best if luck to you