Old 06-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #1  

Default New scale?

Hello all! I'm new here.

I just went to step on the scale and almost cried - ok I might have choked up a bit. Not normally emotional but gosh darn it I never expected to see an -E- on the screen. Such a horrible feeling...

I think I have a non digital one in the basement I will try to dig out but it still hits hard. I'd love to keep living in denial on my actual number weight... just keep telling myself I simply don't know, but thats counterproductive in the long run. Darn eh?
ReptileWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I know that feeling. I spent a number of years not being able to weigh in at my doctor's office since the scale only went to 350. I list my starting weight as 353, but I was likely a good bit heavier than that but I had no way to weigh in since I also didn't have a scale that would weigh me.

In the end, how you feel is most important, but you will want to know where you started. Also, while denial might feel good, it isn't a very healthy place to be. Also, sometimes not knowing is way more stressful. Once you have a number it is just that - a number.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Welcome ReptileWoman!

First of all We in the 300+ understand.

I suggest taking pictures and measurements also. Posting almost daily has really kept me on track. I owe so much to 3FC. Stay around and lose with us!

You can do this! Make a commitment to be healthy and the weight loss will fall in line.

Good Luck! You deserve to be healthy!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #4  
the muse of memory

I have had the same experience. It's not fun. Facing the number is important, though.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote