Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #16  

Wow, thank you so so much! You're an amazing help, seriously. Like you, I'm definitely not a fan of the meetings/weigh ins, so if I ever had the money I would have just done the online option anyway - like you sad, 3FC is an amazing substitute I'm sure! I found a site that told me my allowed points per day all the way up to my goal weight, which by the way says it ought to take me 75 weeks to reach. I know it's definitely possible, but... haha wow, I don't know how to explain it but something about seeing it laid out so clearly is really really exciting. I was just going to go for calorie counting, but from what I've read, WW is really just a simplified version of that, and I think that's going to help me a lot! I am crazy stoked to get started now, but considering it's 10:30pm, I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Again, thank you so much! I had no idea how ridiculously easy it was to get on WW without paying tons of money! I have a really good feeling about this plan.
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #17  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Default You are gonna freakin' love it MissJean!

I get 39 points a day. After I lose 1 more pound I go down to 38. I started at 40 points 3 weeks ago so it's gradual. I never feel hungry because I budget my points. I know its best to eat heavier meals early in the day but I am hungriest at dinner and I like to snack in the evening so I save the majority of my points for that. This diet gives you tons of flexibility and options. So you can do what works for you. It's mostly about portion control. I'm a visual person so tips I learned from WW back in 2007 still helps me now. Like a portion of meat should be about the size of a deck of playing cards. That's so much easier than weighing your steak on a scale, lol. A 1-cup portion of white rice or pasta is 4 pts. (Wheat pasta or brown rice is 3) If you cant measure out one cup because you are away from home or something just remember it should be a scoop the size of a tennis ball.
Did you find what you need online for food values? Like a slice of white bread is 1 point? Veggies are free, Fruits are 1, etc... Let me know if you can't find something.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #18  

Me too! I really hate eating a lot in the day, especially in the summer where it's really hot like this I prefer to eat lightly through the day and then eat a heavier meal when it cools down and I'm not running around doing stuff in the hot sun. The visuals are definitely a helper, my dad used to diet using food scales and I tried it for like a week before I got frustrated and gave up - way too much time spent on weighing and measuring! Thanks for the tips, stuff like that is gonna help a lot I think! Yes, I think I'm getting it - I googled around for a lot of the foods I eat all the time and I'm currently writing down the values so I've got a reference until I can memorize them. WWdiary is (slowly) downloading onto my android right now so if it is what I think it is, that should help me calculate things I don't know. I'm sure I'll come to you with some more questions sooner or later though! Gosh all I can think is how I wish I had even thought of trying to see if you could do it on your own like forever ago! haha thanks
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #19  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile How's it going missjeam?

Soooooo I'm dying to hear how your first day on WW went? I'm heading out for a few hours with my mom. I hope it went well!
Laura
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote