Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Heather here's an 'ATTA GIRL for you and anyone else who can bake cookies w/o creating a total food plan disaster. I can't, so I don't. The last time I baked with good intentions to have only one or two, I ate about half the batch. Most of them never even got to cool!

Great job getting to the gym.

Be strong and enjoy your baking day.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:03 AM   #17  

Default Thank you!

What a wonderful bunch you are! Thank you for the hugs and well wishes.

I have about got this house as clean as it is going to get. I allow no clutter!

Now I need to work on ME! I have been eating whatever is easiest, and while I am not overeating...Not always good choices. On plan today! I need to make that my motto every day huh?

j-ann, I know you are right and it is time to let this place go, but it has been home for 19 years and that makes it hard! We were 22 years in the military and moved OFTEN! Now all I want to do is stay put. LOL!

Have a wonderful op day all. Ruth
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

BRRRRRRRRRRR - baby it's cold outside with a skiff of snow. Vacation can't come soon enough.

Food is not POP but not bad - need to make some better choices. I cannot eat my way to the new year.

Stay strong!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! Cookie baking went well. We made about 11 varieties. I tried a number of them, but most of that was 1/2 cookie or a nibble. Didn't even want to look at them by the end of the day. Most of them leave the house today as gifts.

That said, I did eat more than needed yesterday.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #20  

Height: 5'11"

Hi all:

We're getting into the spirit of things as well -- the whole family is coming for the holidays, which is a recipe for disaster, really, but I have to learn to not let that color the whole month (it's bad enough for the time that they're actually here). Up another 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks, which just doesn't seem realistic, but no fighting the scale. So now I have 40 pounds to lose by mid-April.

I'm not clicking with the new trainer at all, which makes it way, way too easy to cancel our sessions, and I don't really feel like I'm getting what I need from the sessions when I do have them. Plus, work is crazy right now. I'm a day behind (which is better than yesterday, when I was 2 days behind!).

I have to find time for myself when I'm not exhausted. I had hoped/planned to exercise at home last night but ended up falling asleep on the sofa when my husband was making dinner, and then was still just woozy from tiredness when I woke up and ate. Which is an excuse, but boy, last night it sure felt like a reason.

I have plans with friends tonight that will be fun -- but probably won't leave any time for exercise again today. I MISS my routine. I miss my old trainer. I miss my new-old body. I miss feeling so GOOD about everything. Phooey. I know that I just have to get over myself, but this funk is just lasting and lasting. Exercise will help, I know...but if I'm honest, I don't feel that much better after my training sessions, either. So. Time for a new solution.

Any thoughts? If I were maintaining, versus gaining, I might think about waiting it out, but I just don't feel like that's an option now.

Phooey.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #21  

WW weigh in was this morning. I was down 3 more lbs. this week. To say I’m thrilled is an understatement! My points allowance dropped again. Each time that happens I have to decide what I need to change to stay OP.

Yesterday I drove 2.5 hrs each way to join a group of old friends for lunch at the Roycroft Inn in E. Aurora, NY. I had a salad with cranberry vinaigrette dressing and a small baked chicken breast layered with orzo w/spinach, roasted red pepper and a portobello mushroom and topped with basil pesto. It was fantastic and I was able to pass on the homemade breads and dessert. It’s aways great when you can enjoy good friends and great cooking at the same time.

Hope everyone is doing well. Remember to take time each day for yourselves.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #22  

Judy I am so proud of you! You've hit your stride - can you bottle it and send me some.

Hi to all!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #23  

Yay for Judy!!

I need some mojo bottled, but I'm starting by making sure all the cookies are gone. Definitely killed me yesterday.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 AM   #24  

Wish I could bottle it and send some to everyone.

I can share a couple things from our meeting yesterday though. Our leader shared with us her own version of both "Don't eat too fast" and "Put your fork down in between bites". She told us "Don't put food in your mouth if you already have food in your mouth". I love this and I think I can remember to use it.

She also gave each of us a Christmas bow to represent losing is a gift to ourselves. We are supposed to put it where we need it - on the fridge, in the car, in our purses, etc. as a reminder that losing weight is our gift of getting heathy over the holidays. She told us she wasn't sure it would work until she ran into a member in a mall who purposely stopped her to thank her. The lady was rushing thru her shopping and went to the food court to get a bite to eat. She'd placed an order at one of the fast food places and when she reached into her purse for her wallet, it came out with the beat up bow stuck to it. She saw the bow, realized she needed to give to herself as well as everyone else and cancelled the order! She went somewhere where she could eat OP. I know this kind of thing works for me. My bow is stuck to the dashboard of my car as a reminder that the driver's seat is NOT a dining room chair.

Have a great day and remember: Don't put food in your mouth if you already have food in your mouth.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-ann View Post
Don't put food in your mouth if you already have food in your mouth.
Sadly, this would be a good place for me to start...
Old 12-09-2011, 06:18 AM   #26  

Height: 5'7"

I have been doing great but for some reason the scale is stuck. I know the next few days will hold lots of challenges. Monday I will be married to my hubby for 30yrs. So I know the weekend will include a meal out and monday will include a meal and a bottle of wine. I am planning on making it a healthy meal.

Judy - woo hoo on the weight loss and the strength you are feeling!I am so proud of you!!

We are getting our 2 of our grandkids this morning! I am thrilled but will have my hands full with the kids i keep plus my grandkids. Its awesome to get snuggle time with them all!!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #27  

Debbie - I'm so proud of you - you stay strong! The scale will move.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #28  

Debbie - 30 years of marriage deserve celebration. Enjoy!
You know your body. You KNOW that scale will move. You just have to wait the stubborn thing out.

Heather - Be strong! Food control will kick in when you least expect it. Be strong.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:23 AM   #29  

Smile

I hope you are all doing well.

Deb, congrats on the thirty years of marriage. Marriage is a hard job sometimes! 60 years for me and DH. I don't know how we made it without killing each other. LOL! Ruth
Old 12-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #30  

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick fly by while the grand kids eat breakfast. Yesterday included 2 slices of pizza. I just ate a plate of veggies for dinner to make up for the calories used at lunch.
Closed Thread