Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 326.2/316/160 Back 5-2013

Height: 5'7"

I went to the gym last night and did 40 minutes on the bike. I passed on the weight routine as my back was still hurting but I am VERY proud I did the bike. Went to the doctor today and I am on antibiotics but they are technically waiting on the cultures to come back to confirm a Kidney infection. If that comes back negative then we have to do more tests as I may have a stone. PLEASE LORD NO! So I am praying the antibiotics work, the lab work confirms a kidney infection and I will be good to go soon.
I have not done well with food at all! I could blame that on any number of various things but bottom line is I have to do better.
rachaelm: I hope you feel better soon.
Goodnuff: Hope your headache and back are better.
Both of you: I hope you both see 270's this week (or next at the latest).
Hey I know I have purposfully staying on the border of 268-272 so you two could catch up with me and then it is a race to the finish!!!
OK, not really but it was a fun thought/excuse. :-)
Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #32  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Well, tw, I'm not in the 270s with you yet, but I was down to 281.8, so it's right around the corner. I really appreciate you hanging around there, so goodnuff & I can catch up. *wink*

Feels kind of weird to say, but I hope your cultures come back with an infection. LOL. Luckily, I've never had a stone, but I've heard they are horrible.

goodnuff - How are you? I hope you're feeling OK!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #33  

That is me, always willing to do whatever I can to help. So by golly if I need to stay in the 270's, well that is just who I am. *wink*.
No offense, but I am SO ready to be out of the 270's and 260's. I had been down to 263 a couple months ago and I will be there again soon too.
Thanks rachaelm, I know it is weird to hope for an infection but that is what I want in this case. :-)
Hope you're having a good day everyone!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #34  
Changing my life

tw - I am sooo not offended by hearing you say you want to be out of the 270-260 range. Heck, I'm not even THERE yet & I'm ready to be out of them...
Old 12-15-2011, 11:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Lol, i always thought you were kind tw but that is over the top kind. But i'll give you the go ahead from here, no kore waiting. Wink! That was funny. I didnt make it there this week. -0.8, so 0.6 to go. I think if my meeting w an hour later I Kathy have made it. Between the water retention from salty chicken tenders and fries for supper last night and the 10 pound food baby stalling at my rectum before the meeting, I'm sure I lost at least another 0.6 after the meeting. TMI? Oh well! I'm with you rachael, I would be ok if I pulled a Biggest Loser and skipped right over the 270's. Or even if I got out of them in just a few short jumps.
I don't know. I've had both a UTI and a kidney stone and the UTI was far worse and lasted much longer. So I'm going to hope for the shortest route to feeling better.
it's going to be another long weekend of 12 hour shifts so I'm not sure if you will hear from me until Monday. Have a great weekend!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #36  
Changing my life

Good morning! Yay it's payday & it's Friday, my two favorite days of the week. I have really done well with my calories this week, and dang it, it shows on the scale. Imagine that. Shh, don't tell anyone, but I was at 279.2 this morning. I don't "count" my weight on any other day but Thursday, but man, I was excited to see another two pounds bite the dust.

I hope y'all are having a good day & that you have a nice, healthy weekend!!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #37  

Well I am here but I am on auto pilot with a never ending serving of food. I am eating horribly! My back is not hurting as much now so that is good but I am exhausted and starving. PMS? Kidney Infection with antibiotics? Both?
I started feeling really tired the last two nights and I am so ready for vacation. I am off all next week and I am looking forward to getting caught up some things, sleeping, enjoying my daughter, and of course Christmas morning with her.
rachaelm: I know it wasn't offical but congrats on being done today! That is a great feeling and what a nice Christmas present it looks like you will be receiving Thursday! Goodnuff: Looks like you will get a ncie present too at WI. I'm glad you two are doing so well. I will press on and be right there with you! Goodnuff: Thanks for permission to not wait on y'all. I'll start moving again now. :-)
Have a great weekend. Not sure how much I will be on next week but I will try. Have ag reat Christmas if I don't talk to you before then.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #38  

Congrats Rachael!! I hope those 270's stick around for Thursday. That's my WI day too, fingers crossed for both of us. Yeah, isn't it funny how watching calories makes that numbers fall. Weird, right? Even though I am struggling with staying within my daily points target, DPT, tracking is obviously what I need to do, the -6.0 in two weeks speaks for itself.
Tw, I hope the antibiotics are working and you are feeling better. I hope you get the much needed rest you deserve on vacation. This time of year is hard and it is easy to go into autopilot. Too bad our autopilot is so unhealthy for us.
Goodnuff, the whip cracker, says "WAKE. UP. AND. PUT. THE . FORK. DOWN" no more autopilot.
Get ready girlies, we are going to crash into the new year with plans to become healthier, more fit versions of our 2011 selves.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #39  

My goals for the rest of December:

1.) Drink water only (no pop)
2.) exercise 2 times per week for 30 mins
3.) Try one new healthy food each week
4.) Lose 5 lbs by January 3rd when I order my wedding dress..... ahhhhh
Old 12-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #40  
Changing my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsbridetobe View Post
My goals for the rest of December:

1.) Drink water only (no pop)
2.) exercise 2 times per week for 30 mins
3.) Try one new healthy food each week
4.) Lose 5 lbs by January 3rd when I order my wedding dress..... ahhhhh
Welcome! I'm glad to see you here. Stick around.

goodnuff - You are right, we are bringing in a healthier 2012. Although you could have been cracking that whip at me. I was sooooo bad this weekend. Ice cream pints should not cross my threshold. I ate more calories in ice cream than I did real food. I can't believe I did that. But, I packed a banana and a fiber bar for work today. I will not continue my binges.

You know what really burns my butt, I was so pumped about seeing that 279, and how do I reward myself, by pigging out. WTH is up with that?? Now I'll bet I don't even get into the 270's for Thursday's weigh in. *sigh*

tw- I am so glad you're feeling some relief. I am also so sorry you're cruising on that auto pilot, which for us, means "shovel it in". We cannot continue to sabatoge ourselves, right? Right.

I will only be at work today & tomorrow this week, and then I'm off until after the first of the year. Yay! I will check in tomorrow for sure, I need to make myself check in when I'm at home too, maybe it would slow down the mindless munching.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #41  
Changing my life

Good morning! I am here. Last day to work, then I'm off until the new year!! Woot. I am looking forward to the time off and to strating FRESH for the new year. I am going to kick butt in 2012. I can already tell. LOL

I hope all of you have a wonderful, not too off plan Christmas or Hannukah or Kwanza or Winter Solstice celebration!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:36 AM   #42  

Welcome Bride!
That's right rachael...we're going to kick a** in 2012. Because we spent 2011 in training for it and enjoying those successes now it is time for more. I'm greedy like that.

Hope you all get to enjoy Christmas with the people you love, have a merry one!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #43  

Wow, sure has been quiet on hear while I was away. I have really missed y'all. I had a great vacation but my daughter was sick much of th week so I didn't quite get the "break" I had wanted. However, we had some great bonding time and I was able to unwind and de-stress once she got better. I am still on auto-pilot with eating but I am drinking water and taking my multi-vitamin. I am not stressing over food this week and I look forward to starting off with a bang in 2012. We are all going to kick butt (or get our butt's kicked by one another) in 2012!! 2012 is the year I get to or below 199!
Hang in there this week, enjoy yourselves, and look out 2012!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:39 PM   #44  

I might be slacking a little on my goals. That makes me want to post less. But I do check on daily to see if anyone else is around. I'm glad your vacation was good and it's too bad your little one was sick...boo!
I'm going to spend some time today thinking about what I want 2012 to look like for me. I need a plan, one I can stick to.
I'll post again on Saturday I think. My surgery is tomorrow at the a**crack of dawn so I might even be back on tomorrow night.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #45  

Good luck on your surgery. I pray it all goes quickly and as perfectly as possible with a lightening fast recovery! :-)
Glad to know your check the boards every day. I am DEFINATELY slacking but I just got to the point that I had to tell myself "Do what you can, don't go crazy, and don't stress. Start fresh with the New Year."
Good idea to do some thinking about what what you want in 2012 for yourself. I have started those thoughts too (not just weight related). I really think it is imperative to set goals to help us get where we want to go in life.
Some good news...I have high cholesterol (that's not the good part. :-)). I was on meds for it for years and then I decided the meds weren't helping enough so I stopped taking them a few years ago. (Yes, I am stubborn!). ANYWAYS, my cholesterol usually runs between 250-260 without meds. I had not had it checked in at least 2 years so I got it checked last week and got the results yesterday. My cholesterol is 187!!!! Do you see that, 187!!! I still have to get the HDL and LDL a little better but the total cholesterol is under 200. Not even in the 190's but it is 187! I am SO excited. So, while I am not losing and have even gained these past few months, I AM making better choices and my lab work proves it. YEAH ME!!!!
Closed Thread