Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #1  
Live in Love.

S/C/G: 365/365/140

Height: 5'5

Default It's never too early to talk about VACATION!

So anyone that has been over 300 knows the limitations and social stigma this word could bring. Before I got to my largest size (now and about 3 to 4 years leading up to today) I simply LOVED going to theme parks, water parks, ect, but today I have a HUGE fear of it because I know that I'm not going to fit in the rides, be able to walk through the entire park, or basically bring everyone down. Not only that, I fear airplanes for near the same reason. I have a big spirit and love having fun, I'd like to make it a personal goal to be a size (if possible) to partake in theme parks again. Would anyone like to share in, or do a mini goal of doing something we try to avoid due to size?
tehluckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 363/T/225

Height: 5'9"

I so get what you are saying. My dh and I love to travel - especially to cruise. Flying is never comfortable and I hate asking for a belt extension . When I look at what excursions to do I always need to look at weight limits. I try to avoid chairs with arms and don't even get me started on those flimsy plastic garden chairs that are at some outdoor patios with - yuck!

We hope to have grandchildren in the next few years and I so want to be able to take them to Disneyland and go on rides with them - and not have to sit down every 10 minutes! OK, my rant is winding down - I guess what I am saying is that I would be very interested in some goal setting!
vicki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #3  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm a roller coaster junkie!!! Sadly though, I haven't been to one in almost 10 years due to my size. I didn't even want to attempt it for fear of not fitting. I read somewhere that women over size 18 can have problems fitting and I'm nowhere near that size at present. I went to a water park this summer and it was so depressing... when it should have been so much fun. I avoided several slides for fear of getting hurt due to my size. Next spring/summer I plan to go to Six Flags and get back on a roller coaster!
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:27 AM   #4  
Live in Love.

Well personally, I have fit in the roller coasters, the ones I call the overheads, where the harness goes over you, a very tight fit at size 24. I havent tried the ones where it's or more to the seat. I really REALLY want to go to Universal this year, because I'm a child at heart. I look at the size of it, and my size, and it's ridiculous that this is something I have to avoid and it's something that I love so much! I avoid, outright avoid airtravel and so much of my mentality is avoiding places where I'd be uncomfortable.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Im not a roller coaster person, but I will be flying in may. I havent flown since I was 14. I dont want seat belt issues. We will be going to a beach and I want to be comfortable in a bathing suit. I dont want to slow the group down when we go places. So Im in for this challenge!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

luckster I think it depends how a woman carries her weight. I was a size 22 an unable to go on ridges with overhead restraints because my chest got in the way. I tend to carry the most weight there, I'm bit everywhere but even for my weight m chest is large, I imagine some women have it even worse in that department than me.

That said yes when I lose enough weight not to have to worry about that, that would be amazing. Last time I tried to go a theme park I was 50lbs lighter than I am now though :-| I think I'd need to get down below 240 to even think about trying again. .
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 315/302/150

I was unable to fit in some rides at carnivals when I was a size 24, so since I'm a 28 I don't even try. Mainly it was because my weight is in my stomach and hips, and the restraints didn't fit.

While I would like to do more spontaneous things like hit the local fair every year, my main goal for losing weight is a planned vacation and concert next year. We already have tickets, and I don't want to say too much about it because I'm superstitious and don't want to jinx it, but I hope to be WAY down in weight by then.
stranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #8  
Live in Love.

My hips are the biggest part of my body. I wish there was a website or posting somewhere that gave the average size (in inches) of a amusement park ride. It would help tremendously.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #9  
Live in Love.

Well as a correction to my previous post, I sifted through a lot of drama on websites, and found that the average size they ask you not to exceed is 40 inches.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #10  
In it to win it

S/C/G: 295/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the info! I hope I'm below that come next summer :/ I'm going on vacation to Fl for the memorial weekend. I really hope by then I will be fit enough to not dread all the walking.
BeachKitty is offline   Reply With Quote