3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Monthly Thread #1292 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/246267-300-monthly-thread-1292-a.html)

gggirls 11-01-2011 07:15 AM

300+ Monthly Thread #1292

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!

voodoo1 11-04-2011 05:38 AM

Cyn I hope the baby's parents are getting support/counselling, I can't imagine how hard it is to lose a baby. HUGS xxxx
Ratkitty how are your dogs, cat & bird? Is your dog still wetting the cellar floor? How are you doing? I 'think' I've found my calorie goal-1350- but with 2000 on Friday & Saturday, I lost 3lbs last week & 1lb this week. I haven't exercised this week as my hip has been bad (I did a fewarm/tummy exercises but I'm not counting them) and then I had a bad tummy-spent most of the night on the loo! Hubby says it's my band, I think it was something I ate or picked up. Do you worry when you get tummy ache that your op has gone wrong? I was really worried I had erosion or something til I realised it was diahorrea! lol xxxx
I'm going to a spa hotel Saturday morning til Sunday afternoon, the menu is HORRID! Everything on the main course had fruit on it and/or QUAIL EGGS!! ICK!! I will post pics, we are angels or devils, I'm a h e l l 's angel, I made my costume including a leather waistcoat & 'colours' but bought my corset-I'm covering up with a black 'string' top, don't want to scare people with my flabby 'overhang'! I've got some lovely biker-style boots so I don't have to worry about falling over in high-heels, lol I rarely wear heels,
xxxxx sharon

Ratkitten 11-04-2011 08:57 AM

Hello my Peeps!

This has been the quietest week I've had this year. I'm also trying to get rid of all the unused junk in the house. I have a very small house and stuff keeps accumulating.

Hiya Sharon! The animals are great. Everyone is happy and frisky and likes the weather change. I have the basement blocked off with a baby gate so the cat can go mousing down there by going under it and the dogs can't go down there. It took several treatments of Nature's Miracle to get the smell out from Buffy. Not sure if the cooler weather has helped as well. I think I'm going to have to take the peel and stick tiles out this winter and retreat it, just in case.

About the surgery and germs: I was scared to death with the first cold I got because of a bout with pneumonia after getting out of the hospital. I do have to make sure I don't get dehydrated if I get the flu, that is why I make sure I'm first in line for the flu shot. You probably something you picked up. Make sure you sip a lot of fluids!! Not eating won't kill you, but dehydration can!

The only thing I worry about with the surgery is dry heaving and lots of throwing up in a row. I keep a supply of phenergan (generic prescription) on hand to stop nausea in it's tracks.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

azcyn 11-06-2011 10:27 PM

howdy all! The family is well....I am not sure. They are fighting and carrying on..I will continue to pray for them. I know they are all going through their own personal H E L L.

As for me..I am just crafting up a storm for the online craft show we are doing. And listing this on ETSY. I am really liking doing this so much fun!

Tuesday is our oldest sons birthday..he will be 21...ugh! Makes me feel old LOL. BUT that day we are going to a railroad park near us and I get to see our Grand daughter again. I am so excited! My brother and other son and hubby is going. I plan on getting lots of pics!

Tummy is what it is. I am managing the gastroparesis....seems to get worse when TOM is coming. I am also having I think hot flashes. I am 38 always thought it wouldnt start til in my late 40s but as usual my body does everything early.

Have a great week all!

TracyB73 11-07-2011 11:35 AM

azcyn my great grandma went through menopause at 28, I couldn't believe it when she told me that., As for me I am doing well , lost two more lbs and am feeling alright. I didn't sleep well last night, not sure what it was. I skipped dinner the night before last cause we had a big lunch then barely ate anything last night, So I think that was the reason why I woke up very shaky and didn't sleep well that night.

littlebiskit 11-10-2011 10:03 PM

Ugh, TOM here too. I am NOT used to this, I've been on BC for the bulk of the last 10 years (with the exception of 5 months trying to get pregnant and 9 months of being pregnant!) and am one of those lucky ones who gets to skip TOM because of it.

I'm on my second on since stopping BC and I'd forgotten what a PIA this is! :(

voodoo1 11-13-2011 12:44 PM

Hi everyone, just a quickie, my tummy got really bad, 3 days in bed! Dr said it's going around and could last a WEEK!It's Sunday here and though I can now eat I still feel light-headed (yes I've kept my fluids up) and feeble. My sister took my boys to school and got them home, hubby did what he could between work and bed. I lost 6lbs, lol! Wish I'd stayed the same or even gained rather than having this, the cramps were as bad as labour pains!
Cyn my oldest is 25 in December! I'm 47 in Feb....eeeek! Age is only a number, it's how you feel & act that's important.xxxx
ps I went through the change at 38/39
Biskit I hated TOM but the menopause is no fun...though rather menopausal than more pregnancy! (I have 3 boys which is QUITE enough! lol) I swear by hot water bottles, paracetamol, wine and chocolate!;) xxx
Ratkitty, it's a good job you're so handy;), hope you get the floor sorted out.xxx
xxxx sharon

TracyB73 11-13-2011 10:49 PM

Nothing much to write about, lost a pound and a half. Glad to see you are all doing well, Rat sorry you got the flu I had it on oct 16 seems it takes a long time for the body to recover. Dealing with anxiety as well, usually starts right before bedtime, not sure why. Well everyone take care.

NotTheCheat 11-15-2011 02:15 PM

Hi all! Wow, looks like I haven’t been here since June. I hadn’t realized it had been quite that long. I have been in a low simmer regarding my weight loss for awhile, and am down 13 pounds since I last posted. I am not displeased by that, as losses are losses and more importantly they aren’t gains, but I am ready to turn up the heat and get things really moving again. I would really like to get under 200 pounds by the end of 2012, and I think it is remotely possible if I really put my mind to it.

I recently joined a second gym and I am trying to do Zumba at least a few times a week. I am taking a belly dance class on Wednesdays and still working out with a trainer twice a week. I feel like I have the exercise aspect going at a good pace. Eating has been really hit or miss, but I am further down the road of accepting that sugar is absolutely not my friend. I’m not 100% there yet, but getting closer all the time. I had a rather indulgent weekend a few weekends ago and it took me almost a week to recover and start feeling good again. I just can’t keep doing that to myself. I feel so much better when I eat well. How is something a treat that makes me feel like total crap?

So, I am looking to get a bit more diligent again about tracking and staying accountable, so here I am again!

TracyB73 11-15-2011 03:31 PM

Welcome back, I too just started back and let me tell you it was hard for me to give up the sugar loaded sweets, I ate some vanilla ice cream last night just a small dish like they serve at a buffet , didn't even fill the bowl up all the way and after not having sweets for two months , it made me sleepy and sluggish, so not doing that anymore, I also havent had soda in almost three months either. Don't even miss it.

lynnie923 11-16-2011 07:33 AM

Nancy, Welcome back!!! 13 lbs gone is good. I hope to see you post more often that your back.

I am alittle down in the dumps about quitting my job but I just couldn't take being bullied anymore. Now I can refocus and get back on schedule with my weight loss.

Lynn

fatmom 11-16-2011 10:22 AM

Good for you Lynn for not taking that crap and doing what you needed to do for you. You have an awesome loss so far so i have no doubt that you will do this!

Welcome back to those that were gone a while and well done on the 13 lbs Nancy!

I am a little frustrated. Last week i lost 4 lbs after doing more exercise but my food was not on track at all really. This week, i am the same weight, less exercise but food has been below 1800 calories every day and low sodium. So i guess this next week its back to daily exercise AND eating well and we will see. I had that moment this morning where i felt like "WTH, i've struggled to not go off track all week and no loss, i could have had some fries!" lol. But i pushed those thoughts out and will have oatmeal ;-)

lynnie923 11-16-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatmom (Post 4110130)
Good for you Lynn for not taking that crap and doing what you needed to do for you. You have an awesome loss so far so i have no doubt that you will do this!

Welcome back to those that were gone a while and well done on the 13 lbs Nancy!

I am a little frustrated. Last week i lost 4 lbs after doing more exercise but my food was not on track at all really. This week, i am the same weight, less exercise but food has been below 1800 calories every day and low sodium. So i guess this next week its back to daily exercise AND eating well and we will see. I had that moment this morning where i felt like "WTH, i've struggled to not go off track all week and no loss, i could have had some fries!" lol. But i pushed those thoughts out and will have oatmeal ;-)

don't worry I am sure you will have next week be successful. At least you are doing exercise I haven't even done that I was getting all my walking in at work. Now I am sitting on my butt. But I am trying to watch what I eat even though I feel like eating a whole entire chocolate cake.

Lynn

TracyB73 11-20-2011 03:29 PM

Am doing okay today, woke up feeling tired and sore, my neighbors , who are in their 20s partied all night and kept waking me up. Then I slept on my back and right side most of the night and so now I am sore.

azcyn 11-24-2011 01:15 AM

HI all...Hope everyone is doing good. Just hanging in here. Getting ready for Turkey day tomorrow. This year we are going to our church for thanksgiving. My brother is coming maybe my sister. I am so happy to have that church family.

I have been busy getting Christmas stuff sewn and made. My friend and I are opening our ETSY shop soon. Crossing my fingers! Someday..I will have my own shop!

Until next time...happy days!