Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Default 300+ and getting fit after 40 #292

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of being fit when you have a significant amount of weight to lose which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in!
Old 11-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

@ Iwill be..Thanks for the welcome!

My start today is going good! Later will begin one of my fitness video and see how much I can do.Its an hour low impact aerobics. I can do it!! I have time on me..Am a stay at home caregiver to my family and can not make anymore excuses!! Time for me on shaping up!!

Check in later ladies and Hoping everyone is doing good.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:27 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies, how are you? Where are you? LOL!

You are welcome Liliann, always glad to see new faces. Sometimes we are a little slow around here, but that is because some of our ladies are super busy with work etc. I am retired so I have plenty of time unless I have visitors. (which is often at times). You can do it! I see you are ready to start with exercise now. Good going!

Another lb. gone. I am at the lowest weight I have been since???? Not that it is all that low. LOL! Just hope it keeps up this pace.

Hope you are all having op days. And this: goodscale Ruth What happened to my goodscale?

Last edited by Iwillbe; 11-02-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

welcome liliann- Just take it one day at a time.I am a stay at home caregiver also. I also run and in home daycare.

ruth- HUGS!! Way to go on being at your lowest weight in ages!! woo hoo!!Im so thrilled for you!! Keep going!!

Well my sister got more bad news yesterday. She has MRSA and now also was told she will need a lung transplant. Im scared and trying to be strong for her. She is only 55. As Carol reminded me yesterday its a cruel reminder of how we have to take care of our health!

Im back to jumping on the minitramp...well jogging really on it. My knee is doing great so far. I cant wait to see the inches disappear!!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #5  

Go Deb, go! Take care of the knee though. Mine is still bothering me. My whole left leg has been a pain!

I am still saying those prayers for your Sis. so sorry to hear she has even more problems.

Last edited by Iwillbe; 11-02-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #6  

Morning all! Yes - Debbie's sister's health is such a reminder - we must take care of ourselves. I think we are all busy taking care of others - time for us too!

Ruth - that is the best news I've heard today, think tomorrow I won't turn on the TV and just listen to the broadcast of "Ruth's Good News".
Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin' all,

WW day for me. Wonder what the scale will say? Maybe I should have Ruth express her scale up here to my WW meeting.

Welcome Lilliann. Glad you've joined us.

Deb: I'll keep your sister in my prayers. Sounds like she's got a rough road ahead and needs all the prayers and healing wishes we can send. BTW, I'm proud of your using that mini-tramp. I'd probably fall off before I got the second foot on it.

Ruth: You are doing fantastically well. Huge congrats on your new, old weight. Now the adventure really begins!

Off to get ready to face the day. Back this afternoon.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow, another crazy busy week... hump day already???

I need to be reminded about my health!!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #9  

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone:

I've started training again, which has had the unexpected side effect of helping me to control my eating. Except for last night, when good intentions were my downfall. I'm hoping to get back to pre-vacation weight before Christmas, and I'd love to lose at least half of that by December 3 for an enormous party that we attend every year. I'm guessing no new dress this year, as I've not had the success I had last year, but new shoes, for sure

Happy Wednesday, and may the rest of your week be even better than the beginning.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #10  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Back from w/i. Lost another 1.6 lbs last week. (Also went down another point from my daily WW points allowance).

Hey Angela ...... 288.2 lbs. Sound familiar? Guess we are still losing at just about the same rate.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #11  
300+ Chick

@ iwillbe...Way to on your Lb loss!! Keep it up!!
@dgraime...Thanks for the welcome! Sorry about your sister.Stay strong!
@j-ann..Thanks for the welcome! Way to go on your 1.6 loss!!
@warlus..Good luck with your training sessions!!

I am having a tough time with my start,,Was doing good yesterday,but slip up last night and today..Family stress and must stop using food to cope.it does not help at all. Thank God for a new day to get back on plan!!

Stay strong all and have a great Thursday!!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #12  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all, and welcome Liliann (isn't it welcome back?)

Heather, you and me both, girl.

Ruth, WTG!!! I'm just a teeny bit lower than I've been since, um, 2001. YAY for us!!!!

I've so totally lost my exercise momentum that I'm starting over at 10 minutes a day. Have to keep healthy over the holidays--and now's the time to gear up.

Weight's been continuing to come off slowly, and I realize that I've managed to change some eating habits--but exercise isn't yet a habit.

I'm also going to try to get back to checking in with you all daily. I spend a LOT of time helping my students, not enough time helping myself. That goes for you too, Heather!

Okay, I have a 10-page paper to finish over the next two days, so I'm going to get writing. See y'all soon.

Angela

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 11-02-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:36 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the prayers for my sister. Im scared but trying to be strong for her. Please go to the dr regularly and let them check you over. She was afraid to go to the dr and let this health issue go untreated for yrs.

I was craving butter beans yesterday so I measured out a serving. Wow 100 calories per serving. They hit the spot and Im feeding them to the kids with lunch today. I dusted off the weight system in the basement and used it yesterday morning while changing out loads of laundry. WOO HOO
Old 11-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #14  

Good Morning all - today is an extra day off work for me. Mani/pedi with a friend, catching up on photo albums (I'm 2 trips behind) and a nice pot of soup to warm me up. Starting to think of easy meals for DH to fix when I have surgery - he's pretty good in the kitchen but doesn't realize you don't have to use fat to cook everything.

Stay strong!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Angela -- Boy yes do I give that time to my students!! Wowsa. Why can't I value myself?

Carol -- Can you freeze up some food to make things easier?

Hello to all!!
Closed Thread