3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ and getting fit after 40 #292 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/246266-300-getting-fit-after-40-292-a.html)

TheWalrus 11-30-2011 12:48 PM

Well, I'm back from our annual Thanksgiving escape -- a fair amount of exercise, but also a fair amount of delicious food :) I'm still 15 pounds (ahem -- was before the trip, anyway) heavier than before our big vacation in August :( Nothing is sticking! Nothing I'm doing is getting me out of this stalling funk! Agh.

I'm not giving up, though -- going to keep trying to lose weight through December! It would be too, too easy to just gorge my way through the holidays, but I don't really want that -- not even my taste buds want that.

Plus, our trip for next year has been moved up from August to...April. So I really, really have to start losing weight so that I can fit the pants that I bought for this last vacation. I can't afford to buy more!

Hugs to you all -- looks like it's going to be a bumpy ride :(

PS: Changed my ticker today -- looks like this 15 pounds isn't just temporary, dangit.

j-ann 11-30-2011 01:37 PM

Quick stop in for me. Weigh in was okay. Down .4 lb. Not much but still down. :)

Back on track today. Defeated the late morning craving. "I'm hungry. No your not. You had a lovely, filling breakfast. Shut up and just drive." LOL

Off to shop.

Vortex_VVV 12-01-2011 01:00 AM

YAY Judy!

Welcome Rosie!

I'm still struggling myself.

Work is making me crabby. Email is broken, and the whole world is completely dependent on it now, no one knows how to use a telephone, so I'm missing things and people are irritated with me for it.

Meanwhile people are getting crabby with me about other things, too, and I'm just plain sick of it. Every year when we divvy up committee assignments I get a heavier load than average. Every year I ask to have a minimal commitment--I pick one or two things I really want to do and ask to have the rest limited, a request that other people get to make, butI get assigned a heavier load anyway. Then, when things these stupid committees are supposed to do don't get done, I get griped at. So, okay, I let this get to me today, and did some stress eating this evening, which I haven't done in a LOOOOONG time.

But I don't want to be in a negative spiral. So, here's to a fresh start and letting go of all this negativity.

Cheers, all~~

Angela

j-ann 12-01-2011 06:55 AM

Mornin'

Can't believe it's December already.

Welcome Rosie!

:hug: Angela!

Going to try to finish Christmas shopping today. :tree: I don't have a lot left to do.

Hoping for another POP day

gggirls 12-01-2011 07:06 AM

See you in the December thread